A Newcomer to Role-playing

I've commenced writing for my world building project for more than a year now. It was a novelty to me since I've never committed to writing anything remarkable before, and English is not even my first language (not that my first language was any better). I haven't read much literature in the past save on mathematics. (Serge Lang was my favourite author.) To become a better writer, I started reading books fervently, and I'm sure that in the last two years, I've read more than I did hitherto. Yet my writing was not as fruitful as I hoped. I found myself procrastinating a lot and struggled to come up with ideas, though it was getting better recently. I don't know whether it gave me the idea of role playing, but I believe role playing would be fun. Since I've a full time job and a little writing project, I don't think I could spare too much time to role play, but I still want to see where it'll get me to.

I've no experience in role playing, but I'm good at mathematics and like to argue. I enjoy science fiction and fantasy. The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons was my favourite series. I believe I'll seek games in more non-traditional settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kai, I'm new to role playing too. I'm curious to try the PbP format, but not sure where to jump in. Have you tried jumping into any of the games on this platform yet?

When you say you like to argue, are you saying you like to argue for the sake of arguing? Or do you tend to play devil's advocate for the sake of helping others see or understand alternative views?