✔️- Speed 4 - Spent 20
✔️- STR - 13 - Spent 3
✔️- DEX - 18 - Spent 16
✔️- CON - 13 - Spent 3
✔️- INT - 10 - Spent 0
✔️- EGO - 20 - Spent 10
✔️- PRE - 20 - Spent 10
✔️- Init - Speed says how often, DEX/EGO sets order
✔️- Attacks - OCV and DCV - (OCV + 11 - Attack Roll >= DCV is a Hit), OMCV and DMCV
✔️- Defenses - (PD and ED) vs STUN and BODY
✔️- REC
✔️- END
✔️- BODY
✔️- STUN
✔️- Running
✔️- Leaping
✔️- Swimming
✔️Skills - Most will have roll, based on characteristic (11 is Competent; 15 Very Skilled; 18 Extremely Skilled)
✔️- Agility Skills - 3 CP to start : 9 + DEX/5 + 1 per 2 CP : (13-)
✔️- Background Skills - Free : 9 + CAT/5 + 1 per (Varies) CP
✔️- Combat Skills - Cost Varies
✔️- Intellect Skills - 3 CP to start : 9 + INT/5 + 1 per 2 CP : (11-)
✔️- Interaction Skills - 3 CP to start : 9 + PRE/5 + 1 per 2 CP : (14-)
✔️Perks - Special Resources
✔️Talents - Between Skills and Powers
✔️Powers - Superhuman Stuff
✔️Power Modifers
✔️Power Frameworks

Points Spent: 300

Current "Sheet" is borrowed for format.

CHARACTERISTICS ✔️
Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes
13 STR 10 3 13 12- HTH Damage 2 1/2d6 END [3]
13 DEX 10 6 13 12-  
13 CON 10 3 13 12-  
10 INT 10 0 10 11- (Sight PER Auto-Fail, Hearing 17-, Else is Normal)
20 EGO 10 10 20 13-  
20 PRE 10 10 20 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

OCV

3 10 5   16 - DCV of Target for Attack, 17 - DCV of Target for Power Attack
5 DCV 3 10 5    
4 OCMV 3 3 4    
4 DCMV 3 3 4    
6 PD 2 4 6   [PD and ED can be raised by powers until they average 20.]
6 ED 2 4 6    
4 SPD 2.0 20 4   Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
8 REC 4 4 8    
40 END 20 4 40    
15 BODY 10 5 15    
36 STUN 16 8 36    
12" Running 12 0 12m    
4" Swimming 4 0 4m    
4" Leaping 4 0 4m

Total Characteristics Points
POWERS✔️
Cost  Power END
38 Super-Hearing : Sensory, Hearing Group (56 AP, Non-Combat)  
- Active Sonar w Partial Penetration (25), Enhanced Perception (10) [+5 PER on Hearing PER rolls]  
- Ultrasonic Perception (1), Analyize Hearing Group (10), Flash Defense [Hearing] (10)  
- - Limitations: Always On -1/2  
9 Change Environment - Darken Environment via Breaking Light Sources and Video Cameras - AP 18 1
- -8 to PER rolls for Sight [Visual Light] (16) - Add: Long Lasting - Lim: Artificially Sourced Light Only  
17 Audio Illusions : Images (5) - AP 35 6
- Add: -5 to PER rolls to Resist (15) - Adv : Area of Effect +3/4  
- Lim: Nonselective -1/4, Increased Endurance Cost -1/2, Limited Effect (Hearing) -1/4  
Sonic Forcefields : Resistant Protection (10 PD / 10 ED) - AP 30
- Lim: Costs Endurance -1/4, Increased End Cost -1/2, Perceivable -1/4  
Multipower - Sonic Blasts / Sonic Fists - AP 38+8 - Fixed Points
-
Blast (Sonic) 6d6 - 30 AP : Adv: Armor Peircing 1/4 - Lim: Beam -1/4

-
Killing Attack HKA 2 1/2d6 - 30 AP

- Presense Attack 8d6 (Vocal Cord Manipulations)  

Total Powers Cost

SKILLS ✔️
Cost  Name
3 Acting 14-
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Charm 14-
3 Combat Skill - Small Group (Powers) +1 OCV
3 Conversation 14-
3 Knowledge (Music Industry) 13-
3 Disguise 14-
3 Languages - (English N, Spanish F)
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 Oratory 14- (15- with Music)
3 Persuation 14-
5 Professional Skills (+2 Ranks) (Playing Guitar) 16- (17- with Perfect Pitch)
4 Professional Skill (Singing) 15- (16- Perfect Pitch)
3 Security Systems 13-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 14-
51 Total Skills Cost
PERKS ✔️
Cost  Name
2 Contact: Earnst Featherwell, Sergio's Professional Manager [11-, Contact limited by Identity, Contacts of Own]
1 Positive Reputation: Local Fame with Music Scene
3 Total Perks Cost
TALENTS ✔️
Cost  Name
15 Danger Sense 13-
3 Perfect Pitch

Total Talents Cost

DISADVANTAGES ✔️
Cost  Disadvantage
25 Physical Complication: Complete Blindness (All the Time; Fully; Partially Mitigated by Powers).
5 Distinctive Feature: Old Chemical Burns on Eyes (Easily Concealed, Recognizable, Commonly Used)
10 Enraged: Abusive Personalities (Common, 8-, 14-)
5 Psychological Complication: Musical Purity / "Not Becoming a Sellout"
10 Social Complication: Secret Identity (Infrequent, Major)
5 Rivals: Professional - Music Industry Sharks
60 Total Disadvantages Cost

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

1. What is your experience with the Hero System Rules?

Answer

The main reason I hesitated to put up this app was that I've never even heard of this system before, lol. That going to be a problem?

2. What is your experience with PbP?

Answer

Been playing TTRPGs since the early 2000's and started with PbPs not long after. I'm pretty new to this particular site, but I've been around.

3. What is your Role-playing Experience (overall, PbP and otherwise)? And, what makes a game "good"?

Answer

As mentioned, been doing TTRPGs since the early 2000s and started PbP not long after. What makes a game good? This is going sound almost trite but just remembering that everyone's there to have fun. I've had some spectaculrly bad DMs over the years and it's usually just some variation of forgetting that. [Though the DMPCs I've seen over the years would not help.

4. Please link me a couple examples of your Roleplaying here at the Weave (preferred). If no examples, be sure to post an "RP" in the open RP thread (when I get one up) I'd like to see a sample of your game-style writing.

Answer

Site actually went down as I went to get samples but off the top of my head -

VtM - Warl0ck - "Lisa" was the daughter of an NKVD colonel and if the USSR hadn't collapsed she probably would at this point be the head of a cyberwarfare division. Then again, she'd probably also have a pulse. One of the first big Hackers on the then fledgling Internet, her Sire was one of the first to recognize the potential usefulness of the new technology to the Camirilla and "Lisa" was embraced a Nosferatu. Viewing herself as an intellectual equal of any Prince, she has plans to establish herself as a Prince of Cyberspace. With the dissambly of ShreckNet v2.0 her plans have been set back but she thinks she v3.0 is inevitable and she's going to be there to create something beautiful - that will make herself very powerful in the process.

Star Trek Adventures - Commander Bass "The Bass-Thich" Th'ichallaq as a battle-hardened Andorian who infamously has in his medical file orders that doctors are to do nothing about scars he might acquire over the course of his duties, especially if the event also resulted in the death of someone under his command. He calls it the Poetry of a Soldier. A survivor of the failed Amaria Colony, at one point he had to decide whether to let a local predator eat his younger sister or all the fingers on his right hand. The fingers there now are biosynthetic, his sister now teaches wilderness survival courses on Andoria's Laiken Military Academy, and he learned a lesson about making the hard choices and accepting the consequences. Considered shockingly ruthless and pragmatic by Starfleet standards, it's a common mistake by those under his command to think he doesn't believe in the ideals of the Federation. If anything, the opposite. He wants them to be true more than anything - but he also knows that the Universe is a cold place and that Ideals are something that are only true as far as you're willing to fight for them.

5. Tell me about a couple of your favorite characters you've actually played (in PBP or even in TT) and why you enjoyed those characters so much.

Answer

Well, going off site - I noticed a while back I tend to lean into Paladin or Rogue archetypes. lol

Mutants and Masterminds - "Vox" - On paper he's a reformed Anarchist-Terrorist Supervillain. Really he's only "reformed" in the sense that he recognizes that his old tactics weren't really working at spreading his ideals, and on a particularly bad day accidentally got an innocent bystander killed. Seeking a better way and a measure of self-forgiveness, he volunteered to help provide his previous enemies technical assistance with his inventions and eventually got a pardon and was promoted to full team status when he was instrumental in stopping an attempted Fascist takeover the US. Now he fights to make the world a better place, even if he has to work with these well-meaning tools of the state to do it.
Vox is a compelling character that just has to fight with everybody, and is deeply diametrically opposed with even his own teammates save for one very important thing. He's someone who obviously just wants to help and do the right thing, just don't be surprised if you strongly disagree with how the best form of that help should come. Even with himself as he blames himself for the death of an innocent too the point that he was suicidal for a while, an slowly he's trying to be a better person and is making progress little by little. Plus part of his background was that he was mute from a childhood bout with throat cancer, adding extra challenges with communication.
Also, Battlesuits are cool, lol.

DnD 5e - "Captain" Enzo Park - According to the hype-men of the Gladitorial Arenas he was forced to fight in, Captain Enzo Park has the record of being the youngest ever Captain in the Ikkarian Royal Navy and he got to his title from being a tactical and military genius. The only reason they managed to capture him at all was because he was betrayed by his fellow officers, and now he fights for your entertainment.
Except that's pretty much all a lie. Lt. Enzo Park was serving on the Ikkarian Vessel "The Queen's Ascendence" when they were ambused by 4 Kimorian Slaver Ships. They fought valiently, but obviously they lost when they had 4 to 1 odds. The surviving crew captured and sold to Kimoria's main gladitorial arena, Lt. Park is the highest ranking surviving officer so by Ikkarian tradition he is the acting Captain for now but that's as close as it is to true. Though his sense of tactics and strategy is considered pretty good *for a gladiator*, but Genius? That's just the hype-men selling tickets. But make no mistake, he will do whatever it takes to get the rest of his crew Home.
Enzo is an Idealist in one of the world's ugliest places, the slave pits of an arena. Sort of a Non-Paladin Paladin who holds ideals of Honor and Duty above all else. He will keep his fellow gladiators alive if he can, he will get his crew home, or he will die trying. He is determined to make it that simlpe. I liked the clash of what he feels versus what is right in front of him.

6. Name (do not use the "mention" function) one or more players 'applying' for this game ("Shadows of the City") whom you would like to be accepted 

Answer

Sorry, too new to this site to really be able to make that call.

7. Describe your desired character for me

Answer

I'm picturing someone considered a loose cannon and hothead even by Street Level hero standards, and as I read the setting things sort of fell in place. Some of an older character of mine comes through but I think you'll like it. Call this a rough sketch.
~~~~
Run and Run And Watch Your Back

Something Coming In the Black

Try To Scream, Hear Him Come

Your Precious Time Is Almost Done

You Try To Hide But Hear His Shriek

Your Teeth Chatter, Your Knees Get Weak

Under Dirt and Under Stone

You'll Take Your Last Breath All Alone

- A Nursery Rhyme believed to originate from the Draydon Flats district of Soverign City. Allegedly, this Rhyme is a magical incantation for summoning a demon known simply as "The Shriek". Author Unknown.

Funny, the power of that a Story can have. According to the stories told in alleyways and playgrounds, the darkest corners of Sovereign City has recently spawned a sort of Reverse Boogieman if you believe in that sort of thing. The origin of the creature changes from telling to telling of the story but usually it's a variation of a child being abused by a foster parent so badly that the kid actually tries to summon a demon for help - and the demon actually answers and helps the child take bloody vengence against their abuser. Descriptions of the Demon always change with each telling, but three things all tellings having in common are that the Demon prefers Dark places, that it has the Eyes of a Corpse, and that it's always Listening.

It's all crap, but Sergio thinks it's weirdly cute and it's definitely handy. Here's the real story. Sergio doesn't know where he was born exactly, according to court records it was probably somewhere in Eastern Europe but it's impossible to tell otherwise. Trafficked to the US in a black market adoption ring, his traffickers didn't even bother to feed the kids during the trip. Sergio was blinded with industrial bleach, several others died. Investigators were unable to find his birth family, so instead he was just dropped into the foster care system like a sack of meat and forgotten. The he was 12 when he finally got his first foster parent that wasn't some variety of abusive, Miss Ophelia Pearson - a high school music teacher that got Sergio his first guitar.

That Guitar saved his soul. Now he had somewhere he could put the pain, and he was talented to boot. Most kids went to college after high school, Sergio started a career as a professional musician with a style of an aggressive bluesy rock that's been noticed in the city's music circles. So has his temper. It's probably why he hasn't gotten any bigger in his career.

The weird part started a little while ago when Sergio woke up apparently having skipped 3 days. He still has no idea what happened to him in those three days, but he does know that soon after that his hearing started improving. A lot. It wasn't long before his hearing got so good that he could use it like SONAR to maneuver environments like he could see, and it kept going until he started developing Sound Powers.

Then he heard the girl. A kid, just snatched up and pulled into a van by a Bible-verse spouting freak. Sergio was the one that called the police actually, but they couldn't find the guy on their own. So Sergio Listened, spending three days with little food and no sleep to try to find the mumbling voice. When Sergio found him, he discovered that the guy was actually the Pastour Blevins of the First Revival Church. Sergio's orginal plan was to use his new sound powers to try to scare the guy into confessing what he did to the police, but the guy actually responded by pulling out a Bible and trying to make a case that everything he did to the kid was justified by his religious beliefs which flared Sergio's Temper.

For the record, Sergio didn't kill him - but Blevins was so desperate to get away from the "Shrieking Demon" that he wrecked his car on the highway and he easily could have died if he hadn't put on his seatbelt out of sheer muscle memory. The wreck still mangled the man's hands and put shards of the windsheild so deep in his throat that it completely ruined his voice, he still pretty much can only communicate by typing things out one letter at a time. Sergio slept like a baby after causing that wreck.

And that's how "The Shriek" got started. A Vigilante that's targetting abusers of children, rumored to be a literial Demon from Hell but actually a blind musician with sound powers and a Capital-T-Temper. He's trying to be a good person, he really is, but when he's feeling honest about it he has to admit that what he does has nothing to do with Law or Harmony or even Justice really. It's because treating people like they're just sacks of meat to be used at your convenience and pleasure pisses him off. Used to be that he was just brushed off as a rumor too as most confirmed "Shriek" attacks have been in Draydon Flats or Chatswick with occasional trips down to the Emmy Mours, but that's changed really quick as one of his latest targets was actually a City Councilmember that lived in a mansion in Atherton Bluffs. Now that the Rich and Powerful know that they can be targetted by "The Shriek" as well, conversations about the "Demon" have taken a drastically different tone. One that only time can tell where they will go.

Edited by GleefulNihilism (see edit history)

Nice concept/history.

You said you didn't know the system but do you have any of the books? You just need Champions Complete, which is the cheapest and a nice bite sized version of the game. It's $7 on both the Hero Games home site and on drive through RPG, both pdf. I hate requiring people to have the rule book, but it would be virtually impossible to make a toon without the book (unless you had the Hero Designer program, which is more expensive but THE BEST way to build a champions character)

Thank you!

Like I said, I’m pretty sure I’ve never even heard of the system before so I’ll have to look around for the books and that program. Hence why I was hesitant to throw something up.

For a minute there, I was thinking of that old marvel RPG with the color coded chart and I was wondering if champions has just what you call it when you can’t use Marvel licensed characters but you can use the mechanics. I don’t think that’s right, but if that is the case, then I guess I have heard of the system before but it’s been a very long time since I’ve even tried to play it.

Found a copy of the Champions Complete book actually. I know I can get a copy of Hero Designer for some cash but I'd rather not. Alright, going to have to see what I can do for the crunch. Feel free if you can help out. :P

I'll absolutely help out. Crunch in Champions is significant and daunting for a new player to the system.

Firstly, the marvel system you were thinking of is Marvel Super Heroes (MSH, not to be confused with marvel heroic, which is a completely different system), also known as the FASERIP system. I am actually also GMing a game using that system here at the weave. I freaking love it.

Second, a quick rundown on how Champions works so when you are attempting to build out the character, you'll hopefully not have to look up too much (or as much) to figure out what the heck the text is talking about.

There are two types of rolls, as is typical of most RPGs; the Success Roll and the Effect Roll.

Success Rolls are made with 3d6 and have a bell curve for success chances. The closer the target number is to 10, the higher the percent chance to hit that number as the dice tend toward the average. Skill rolls will have a 'linked' attribute (again, as most RPGs). Let's say Stealth for this example. Stealth is linked to Dexterity. You calculate your chance of success, assuming you have paid points for the skill (3 character points to have the skill at your base, +2 Character points per +1), your target number for success would be equal to 9 plus the Characteristic (the linked Attribute score) divided by 5. Base scores are 10 and let's say you bought your dex up to 15... 15/5 = 3... so 9+3 = 12. You would have to roll 12- (that's 12 or less) on your 3d6 roll to be successful. Now, let's say you spent 5 point, 3 for the base skill and 2 more to gain the +1. This increases your roll to 13- (13 or less). Additionally, bonuses and penalties can be added depending on difficulty.

Making an attack is slightly different in the sixth edition explanation (but exactly the same... they changed the description of it in sixth edition to try to emulate the more common d20 model) but I actually think its more complicated. Ultimately, it works just like the skills above. The way it had always been described before is you add your OCV (Offensive Combat Value) to 11 then subtract the target's DCV (Defensive Combat Value) to produce a number or less chance of success. ie. You have an OCV of 5 (11+5=16) and your target has a DCV of 7 (16-7=9) and so you'd have to roll a 9- to hit your target.

Now its described as your OCV +11 -3d6 vs a target number equal to 11+ the target's DCV. If the total roll is less than 11+DCV, you hit. Its exactly the same, just described differently. But I think the -3d6 makes it more complicated.

ANYWAY, when you succeed on a roll, powers/skills/talents have defined ways that success is realized. Many things in champions will use an effect roll equal to xd6 where x is equal to a number of d6s rolled. If you have an 8d6 energy blast, on a hit, you'd roll 8d6 to determine the damage that your blast deals (pretty typical for RPGs, except maybe you use a few more dice). The damage roll is then reduced by the target's defenses. If you have 15 ED (Energy Defense), the roll is 8d6-15 for the total damage, which is subtracted from your character's Stun score.

Killing attacks are quite different and are reduced by RESISTANT defenses (your ED might be 15/8r, which means 8 of your 15 ED is resistant and reduces the damage of killing attacks which both affect your Body score and your stun... actually, you can do body damage with 'normal' attacks, but defenses usually absorb that).

When Stun reaches zero, you fall unconscious. When Body reaches zero, you are dying.

Some powers, such as Mind Control, roll the same effect roll, such as the 8d6 above. However, how much 'control' you gain over the target is based on how much your roll is over the target's Ego score. A minor suggestion might be EGO +1 while telling them to go kill themselves would require an EGO +50, meaning you'd have to be a very powerful mentalist to do that.

THE DICE

Effect dice, normally, deal stun (or whatever effect in place of stun) equal to the total pips on the dice when rolled. Body is calculated as; every 1 rolled = 0 body, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s equal 1 body, and each 6 = 2 body. You will likely average a number of 'body' effects equal to the dice you roll.

KILLING dice are a whole different ball game. Killing powers are far more expensive (15 cp per d6 instead of 5 cp per d6 for normal powers). So its not uncommon that a killing attack averages at 2d6 and tends to cap out (with the 60 active points limit) at about 3d6). You roll your killing damage dice and the pips are how much body damage you deal, reduced by resistant defenses as mentioned above. Then you roll a d6-1 and multiply the result by the body damage to determine how much stun damage is done from the attack. It can be none or a heck of a lot.

CALCULATING POWERS

All powers have a cost, such as 5 cp per d6. However, the thing that really sets champions apart is the power Advantages and Power Limitations. Mutants and Masterminds uses a similar idea but the calculations are quite different (and honestly, easier in M&M, but I think Champions represents it better).

You buy a power up, spending 40 points. You add a (+1/2) advantage to make that power more cool or fit your idea of what you want the power to do in a better way. 40 is the 'base points'. You now multiply the base points by the advantage (40 x 1.5) = 60. This is the Active Points (base multiplied by the sum of the advantages). But what really sets your power apart is a slew of disadvantages (-1/2, -1/4, and another -1/4) for a total disadvantage of (-1) which is increased by 1 when you divide so active points 60/2=30 points. This is the "Real Points" and how many points you have to spend to buy the power with that build.

You always calculate base points x advantages before dividing limitations (mainly because in the middle is where you get your active points). You never add and subtract the advantages and limitations with each other (so in the example above you do NOT go +1/2 -1/4 -1/4 -1/2 to arrive at -1/2. Its x1/2 then /2, using the example above)

Get your calculator!!!

The biggest advantage to the Hero Designer program is that it does all that math instantly for you. One power; no big deal. A whole superhero worth of powers gets painful unless you are a math whiz.

Posted (edited)

Okay. Down to just Powers I think, and definitely looks like I’m going to need help. So I’m going to start with getting some notes down and hopefully we can go from there.

Super-Hearing - Exactly what it sounds like, Sergio/Shriek is blind but his hearing is superhumanly sensitive. So much so that a few possible extras come to mind.

- Echolocation/Sonar - His hearing his so good that there’s in effect a 360 degree sensory field around him that makes up for his blindness in many ways. Put him in a room and tell him to find the red book and he can do all of the steps involved just fine until he has to distinguish which book is red, at which point he can only guess,

- Anti-Dazzle - Some sort of resistance to sensory overload in hearing? Possibly just from sheer practice?

- Bioacoustics - Some stuff is obvious, like telling if he’s alone in a room by hearing heartbeats. But what about things like telling if someone is lying by listening for body clues like changes in heartbeat, or if someone just ate by stomach churning?

A limited form of Darkness Generation? In story what he’s doing is setting up resonance vibrations to break light sources and cameras. So Darkness Generation over a wide area and Invisibility to Technology, but as a flaw it only works in areas where all the light sources are artificial? Obviously this would have no effect on the Sun, and on Fire it wouldn’t work very well either.

Sound Mimicry and Sound Manipulation is a must. There’s got to be a reason people think he’s a Demon. Plus, handy if he needs to play with busted knuckles.

Also liking the idea of Sound-Based Forcefields, Blasts, and Damage-Boosts on his Punches when shite hits the fan. Feels like they’d be pretty mean too. Possibly Deadly damage.

Oh, to clarify a point - a picture of the blasts and force fields if we go that route as deadly because they bypass a lot of defense. Not because they are particularly powerful. Think less vaporize the wall and more “I want to punch that guy, but he’s way over there”.

There are way to 'bypass' defenses without being deadly.

One, Armor Piercing. AP halves defenses which generally means you can how lower dice of damage and do just as much damage or more. One thing you need to note is that AP has levels... because defenses can be 'hardened' which makes them resistant to AP. SO, even level of Hardened cancels out a level of AP. So if you have two levels of AP, it does not quarter defenses, it still only halves defenses. But if the defense is hardened, you still get to half it as long as its not hardened as many times or more than the times you've gained AP.

NND (No Normal Defense) A reasonable defense chosen by the player and GM completely negates damage from the attack, otherwise the target suffers full damage. A very common NND is gas, like tear gas. The defense to most gases can be some sort of self-contained breathing (gas mask, hero doesn't breath, whatever). Breath int he gas, OUCH, don't have to breath it in, yay.

Penetrating attack. Always deals a small amount of damage even when the defenses are too high to do normal damage.

Armor Piercing feels the best of those three in this case. I'm picturing that if his sonic voodoo hits a physical shield some energy would get through as the sound is physically shaking the molecules of the sheild but the shield would give protection.

Definitely need to do some trimming anyway, but I only have 213 points spent at this point so there's certainly room.

Active points count against your max points used in the multi power... So 6d6 blast = 30 points, but AP increases it by (+1/4) so 30 x 1.25 = 37.5 so you need a 38 point pool. Plus you need to pay for each slot for which is 20% of the active points the slot uses (or 10% if you can't change the active points... ie. It's always maxed out.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

Active points count against your max points used in the multi power... So 6d6 blast = 30 points, but AP increases it by (+1/4) so 30 x 1.25 = 37.5 so you need a 38 point pool. Plus you need to pay for each slot for which is 20% of the active points the slot uses (or 10% if you can't change the active points... ie. It's always maxed out.

Thank you for looking out for me, but that particular AP just is talking about Active Points and I did account for the slot costs, I intend the blast and the HKA to be a just-can’t-do-both-at-the-same-time sort of deal. I list Armor Piercing a line or two further down and balance it with the Beam limitation.