Sergio; "The Shriek"

Sounds like (pun not intended) you’re saying that it wouldn’t be a difference in most circumstances. There would be differences, but not until things built with the specific purpose of interfering with sound get involved. There’s a good chance he could hear through walls if they did not use a sound dampening insulation for example.

On 4/15/2024 at 2:33 PM, Papa Bear said:

No, walls interfere. To what extent depends on what the wall is made of. Ultrasonic would be like hearing a dog whistle. There is a big difference

OK, you convinced me. That should be fixed right now.

Oof, mate, I'm not sure that I was clear that each of the powers in your Multi-Power cost 3 points (so +6, not +3 since you have two powers in it).

Also, I may be reading this wrong but it seems like you might be wanting to make Presence Attacks, possibly to scare criminals in a similar way as The Batman. 4d6 will generally impress fairly normal beings, even those a little more stout of heart. But that's not going to make them scream. You'll probably need a few more d6 to do that (Ego +20 or so). 4d6 will probably roll around 11 to 18 or so on average which will help and let The Shiek act first before a most criminals but probably not too much more. If you could find 2 more points, you can add a presence attack into that Multi Power (technically their needs to be a theme, sonic blast and a presence attack work with your vocal controls... we can get away with you creating vibrations around your hands for the KA.) 2 more points would add +4d6 more to the presence attack (8d6) which will average about 28 and get a good scare in most mooks and even affect some lieutenants with a good roll.

Ah, thought it was one of those "the first one is free" things.

Thank you for looking out for me, still newbing as you can see. So I absolutely have to work up 3 points, and if I can get 2 more on top of that I can add another slot to that multipower for a better Presense attack that throws 8d6 instead of 4d6. So I really want to get 5 points. That sound right?

I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be too bad.

Was thinking about the Music side of this character. He's a professional musician in a modern setting, occurs to me that this means there's a strong chance he has a Youtube channel or something. Terrifying. :P

Slightly more seriously, might be worth considering it to flesh out "Earnst Featherwell, Sergio's Professional Manager" more.

So I have as part of Sergio's backstory that after the boatride he was bounced around the bad corners of the foster care system until he got lucky and ended up with a high school music teacher. In Chatswick? Earnst I picture as someone several years older and one of Sergio's adopted mother's former students. Had aspirations for a rap career and isn't terrible, but it's obvious even to him that he's better on the business/promotion side of the music industry. Now makes most of his money using his connections to look for new acts and working the management side for a percentage, which can and does often include Chasing the Algorthm. Helps run Sergio's youtube channel for obvious reasons, and can sometimes be seen literially begging Sergio to just throw out an occasional cover song among this own work. In fairness, *business-wise* Earnst was absolutely right to do this as they act as bait on the hook to get his other songs more play.