Edit History

Spacesong

Spacesong

Edited for formatting and adding the questions and rearranging things so it's clear what I'm replying to..

1. What is your experience with Pathfinder 2e?

I have little to no experience. I've built several characters, one of which got accepted into 1 PF2e game here on the Weave that fell apart before the first RP post went up. (heartbreaking!) I've been working on a Pathfinder adventure I plan to run with friends. I'm converting the first 4e D&D adventure I ever ran for them just for a little nostalgic trip down memory lane. I think it'd be neat to run it for the folks I regularly play D&D with to see the origins of my TTRPG fandom while also learning to play a new non-D&D system. So I'm not unfamiliar with PF2e as far as mechanics and concepts go. I would say I am still learning it and have no practice actually applying this knowledge to play. But I'm really hoping I get the chance to here!

2. What is your experience with PbP?

I will say this about what brought me to MythWeavers in the first place, though. I came here to play Pathfinder 2e specifically and have had trouble either narrowly missing out on joining other 2e games or getting passed over for other players. This is all fine! It's the way she goes... But I'm hoping my enthusiasm and excitement to engage with PF2e and whatever GMs wanna do as far as collaborative story telling wise comes through in my character and introductory posts here. (that lore post is forth coming and will be done before the deadline! promise!)

I think I've adjusted to the community and culture here quite well and am really finding myself enjoying my time here! I haven't done any Play By Post style forum posting ever so it's all new to me and I'm learning on the fly. Which is to say -- I will probably make mistakes and fumble with the dice roller here and there! All I ask is patience. I'm not sure how to really discuss my "play" or "posting" style yet but I do tend to narrate quite a bit, do some internal voice for the character and make clear what my people are saying. I'll try to share examples if you would find that illuminating, but so far I've really enjoyed the experience of posting and being in those games!

3. What is your Role-playing Experience (overall, PbP and otherwise)? And, what makes a game "good"?

I'm not sure how many years I've been gaming. I could probably math it out, but eh! Math is for squares! 😜(disclaimer: math is not actually for squares) I've been playing since 4th Edition D&D but branched out to enjoy the vast variety of other options out there in the TTRPG world. Call of Cthulhu is a personal fav and was the 2nd game system I ever branched out into. I've been on both sides of the GM's screen throughout the years and love playing and running games. As a player I try to engage with others in the game as much as I can when it's natural. I'll do longer posts when establishing mood and scene when it's more RP centric and keep things brief when it's time to dungeon crawl or fight. Even in that though it I will embellish and write more when it makes sense to. Particularly tragic string of rolls that's potentially going to kill of a character? Melodrama mode engaged!

4. Please link me a couple examples of your Roleplaying here at the Weave (preferred). If no examples, be sure to post an "RP" in the open RP thread (when I get one up) I'd like to see a sample of your game-style writing.

I only recently joined MythWeavers at the start of the year and so far am in only 3 games. One's an Old School Essentials game about vikings that I'm enjoying a lot. The 2nd and 3rd came relatively back to back with me subbing in for someone that needed to drop out of a Call of Cthulhu game and a Mutant Crawl Classics game where we're currently in the funnel for and all 4 of my weird level 0 dorks are alive somehow alive still beyond all reason! That one may be a big confounding because we're all playing 4 different characters and keeping things brief because funnels are meant to PCs off quickly so the players end up with their "final/real" character at the end.

5. Tell me about a couple of your favorite characters you've actually played (in PBP or even in TT) and why you enjoyed those characters so much.

One of my favorite recent characters is a Dragonborn Paladin I played in an Eberron game of 5e. Ser Grud, the Pious. He was an adopted child with Githyanki parents who were high ranking members in the Church of the Silver Flame. He was a strong headed guy but sweet to his core and devout to the church. So much so he would draw the ire of bad actors within the upper organization that lead to him being put in something of an exile away from his home country of Thrane and on the road with his bard boyfriend. The over all game was mostly goofs, but we hit on some really emotionally resonant moments as a group. Big emotional appeals to try and keep the faith as things got more and more grim for the party as we pushed forward in the campaign and story.

I also remember very fondly one of my early Call of Cthulhu games where I played a gangster along with one of my good buddies. They were brothers and absolute mooks. We ended up being the muscle of the group and doing the unscrupulous things the stodgy professors and business owners that made up the other players were too afraid to do. Well we ended up in a scenario where we came face to face with the Baba Yaga. I succeeded my sanity check, brother (who was holding a sledge hammer) at the time lost his and immediately slammed the hammer into his poor beloved brothers skull. I think that may have been the first super memorable character death I had in a game. The surreal circumstances of it, the brotherly bond immediately cast out as poor guy went insane.

I guess the big idea with these two examples is I like having a character and letting the characters who are apart of and enter their life change them in some way and the ways those people stay with them.

6. Name (do not use the "mention" function) one or more players 'applying' for this game who you would like to be accepted.

Everyone has made a lot of great characters here. I love Boz, I love Liam, I love Maggie & Bubble and I wanna include them so bad. And TBH I would list things I like about all of them here. I feel very seen and appreciated I got mentions in so many of these little questionnaires. I hope I get to play with everyone here in other games. I feel bad cherry picking these 4, though. I don't have the heart to pick a 5th knowing our GM is aiming for 6. But here are the characters that stand out to me.

Kiptani (CyberSpark) because I love a lil' kobold buddy in a game and Kiptani's rough background there sounds like a fun character to have madcap goofs with in and out of the action. I didn't read everyone's full posts until today until I was picking these now and saw they were looking for some input on background. I DMed them some encouragement that they mentioned. I know nothing about Greyhawk either so said to just wing it like I have here, cuz I really love the character concept.

Enoch Hawkmoor (Zen Gypsy) I think it would be fun to have another thief-like character alongside Nico. We could even banter and have a fun time building onto our backstories because I can see how we could justify some overlap between "Nico learned on the streets" and "Enoch learned at an academy." Also Enoch's backstory intersects very nicely with challenging one of Nico's Anthema as he's never encountered a noble who's had everything and lost everything! Fancying himself as something of a folk hero in the making for those who are down on hardtimes, this would challenge Nico's perception of things, I think. Not to mention he's never faced something as dark and evil as the Cult of Vecna. (I am also a big Castlevania mark and this 100% informed my pick first and foremost and I've had to back myself into the other above reasoning to make it all work. lol)

Sean Peltrage (Trigun) for similar reasons as they have for wanting to play with me. I feel a bit robbed we didn't get to play in that other PF2e game and really like Sean's Thaumaturge background and want to see how he develops. The whole merchant backstory also feeds into Nico getting a chance to see the other side of a world his most familiarity with is stealing from. haha Learning how legitimate businesses work from a Thaumaturge would be good for him, I think.

Kilaim Flintaxe (omegoku) Kilaim being a dwarf as heck dwarf sounds great, so count me in! I also realize I've picked a lot of squishier and damage focused characters so it'd be good to have a bit of beef and what's more classic than a Dwarven fighter in Greyhawk?

PS: One last note -- my character is based on my cat Nacho and his "master" is my partner who was the one who ended up adopting him. She felt she had been chosen when he was a scared stray that jumped into her car seat before leaving our apartment one day demanding her attention and affection. We took him in, cleaned him up and showed him all the love, got him vetted and all that good stuff. So a little piece of our home is in Nico! Pic related -- it's Nacho GMing Mork Borg for my firends when I got up to use the RR. lol

image.png.2b12cc32f408abc6036cead0e0d12f19.png

Spacesong

Spacesong

Edited for formatting and adding the questions and rearranging things so it's clear what I'm replying to..

I have little to no experience. I've built several characters, one of which got accepted into 1 PF2e game here on the Weave that fell apart before the first RP post went up. (heartbreaking!) I've been working on a Pathfinder adventure I plan to run with friends. I'm converting the first 4e D&D adventure I ever ran for them just for a little nostalgic trip down memory lane. I think it'd be neat to run it for the folks I regularly play D&D with to see the origins of my TTRPG fandom while also learning to play a new non-D&D system. So I'm not unfamiliar with PF2e as far as mechanics and concepts go. I would say I am still learning it and have no practice actually applying this knowledge to play. But I'm really hoping I get the chance to here!

I will say this about what brought me to MythWeavers in the first place, though. I came here to play Pathfinder 2e specifically and have had trouble either narrowly missing out on joining other 2e games or getting passed over for other players. This is all fine! It's the way she goes... But I'm hoping my enthusiasm and excitement to engage with PF2e and whatever GMs wanna do as far as collaborative story telling wise comes through in my character and introductory posts here. (that lore post is forth coming and will be done before the deadline! promise!)

I think I've adjusted to the community and culture here quite well and am really finding myself enjoying my time here! I haven't done any Play By Post style forum posting ever so it's all new to me and I'm learning on the fly. Which is to say -- I will probably make mistakes and fumble with the dice roller here and there! All I ask is patience. I'm not sure how to really discuss my "play" or "posting" style yet but I do tend to narrate quite a bit, do some internal voice for the character and make clear what my people are saying. I'll try to share examples if you would find that illuminating, but so far I've really enjoyed the experience of posting and being in those games!

3. What is your Role-playing Experience (overall, PbP and otherwise)? And, what makes a game "good"?

I'm not sure how many years I've been gaming. I could probably math it out, but eh! Math is for squares! 😜(disclaimer: math is not actually for squares) I've been playing since 4th Edition D&D but branched out to enjoy the vast variety of other options out there in the TTRPG world. Call of Cthulhu is a personal fav and was the 2nd game system I ever branched out into. I've been on both sides of the GM's screen throughout the years and love playing and running games. As a player I try to engage with others in the game as much as I can when it's natural. I'll do longer posts when establishing mood and scene when it's more RP centric and keep things brief when it's time to dungeon crawl or fight. Even in that though it I will embellish and write more when it makes sense to. Particularly tragic string of rolls that's potentially going to kill of a character? Melodrama mode engaged!

4. Please link me a couple examples of your Roleplaying here at the Weave (preferred). If no examples, be sure to post an "RP" in the open RP thread (when I get one up) I'd like to see a sample of your game-style writing.

I only recently joined MythWeavers at the start of the year and so far am in only 3 games. One's an Old School Essentials game about vikings that I'm enjoying a lot. The 2nd and 3rd came relatively back to back with me subbing in for someone that needed to drop out of a Call of Cthulhu game and a Mutant Crawl Classics game where we're currently in the funnel for and all 4 of my weird level 0 dorks are alive somehow alive still beyond all reason! That one may be a big confounding because we're all playing 4 different characters and keeping things brief because funnels are meant to PCs off quickly so the players end up with their "final/real" character at the end.

5. Tell me about a couple of your favorite characters you've actually played (in PBP or even in TT) and why you enjoyed those characters so much.

One of my favorite recent characters is a Dragonborn Paladin I played in an Eberron game of 5e. Ser Grud, the Pious. He was an adopted child with Githyanki parents who were high ranking members in the Church of the Silver Flame. He was a strong headed guy but sweet to his core and devout to the church. So much so he would draw the ire of bad actors within the upper organization that lead to him being put in something of an exile away from his home country of Thrane and on the road with his bard boyfriend. The over all game was mostly goofs, but we hit on some really emotionally resonant moments as a group. Big emotional appeals to try and keep the faith as things got more and more grim for the party as we pushed forward in the campaign and story.

I also remember very fondly one of my early Call of Cthulhu games where I played a gangster along with one of my good buddies. They were brothers and absolute mooks. We ended up being the muscle of the group and doing the unscrupulous things the stodgy professors and business owners that made up the other players were too afraid to do. Well we ended up in a scenario where we came face to face with the Baba Yaga. I succeeded my sanity check, brother (who was holding a sledge hammer) at the time lost his and immediately slammed the hammer into his poor beloved brothers skull. I think that may have been the first super memorable character death I had in a game. The surreal circumstances of it, the brotherly bond immediately cast out as poor guy went insane.

I guess the big idea with these two examples is I like having a character and letting the characters who are apart of and enter their life change them in some way and the ways those people stay with them.

6. Name (do not use the "mention" function) one or more players 'applying' for this game who you would like to be accepted.

Everyone has made a lot of great characters here. I love Boz, I love Liam, I love Maggie & Bubble and I wanna include them so bad. And TBH I would list things I like about all of them here. I feel very seen and appreciated I got mentions in so many of these little questionnaires. I hope I get to play with everyone here in other games. I feel bad cherry picking these 4, though. I don't have the heart to pick a 5th knowing our GM is aiming for 6. But here are the characters that stand out to me.

Kiptani (CyberSpark) because I love a lil' kobold buddy in a game and Kiptani's rough background there sounds like a fun character to have madcap goofs with in and out of the action. I didn't read everyone's posts until today when picking these now and DMed them some encouragement that they mentioned. I know nothing about Greyhawk either so said to just wing it like I have here, cuz I really love the character concept.

Enoch Hawkmoor (Zen Gypsy) I think it would be fun to have another thief-like character alongside Nico. We could even banter and have a fun time building onto our backstories because I can see how we could justify some overlap between "Nico learned on the streets" and "Enoch learned at an academy." Also Enoch's backstory intersects very nicely with challenging one of Nico's Anthema as he's never encountered a noble who's had everything and lost everything! Fancying himself as something of a folk hero in the making for those who are down on hardtimes, this would challenge Nico's perception of things, I think. Not to mention he's never faced something as dark and evil as the Cult of Vecna. (I am also a big Castlevania mark and this 100% informed my pick first and foremost and I've had to back myself into the other above reasoning to make it all work. lol)

Sean Peltrage (Trigun) for similar reasons as they have for wanting to play with me. I feel a bit robbed we didn't get to play in that other PF2e game and really like Sean's Thaumaturge background and want to see how he develops. The whole merchant backstory also feeds into Nico getting a chance to see the other side of a world his most familiarity with is stealing from. haha Learning how legitimate businesses work from a Thaumaturge would be good for him, I think.

Kilaim Flintaxe (omegoku) Kilaim being a dwarf as heck dwarf sounds great, so count me in! I also realize I've picked a lot of squishier and damage focused characters so it'd be good to have a bit of beef and what's more classic than a Dwarven fighter in Greyhawk?

PS: One last note -- my character is based on my cat Nacho and his "master" is my partner who was the one who ended up adopting him. She felt she had been chosen when he was a scared stray that jumped into her car seat before leaving our apartment one day demanding her attention and affection. We took him in, cleaned him up and showed him all the love, got him vetted and all that good stuff. So a little piece of our home is in Nico! Pic related -- it's Nacho GMing Mork Borg for my firends when I got up to use the RR. lol

Spacesong

Spacesong

I'll let others get their posts up before replying to this one.

Spacesong

Spacesong

Spacesong

Spacesong

Spacesong

Spacesong

Hello! I am SpaceSong. I'm not sure how many years I've been gaming. I could probably math it out, but eh! Math is for squares! 😜(disclaimer: math is not actually for squares) I've been playing since 4th Edition D&D but branched out to enjoy the vast variety of other options out there in the TTRPG world. Call of Cthulhu is a personal fav and was the 2nd game system I ever branched out into. I've been on both sides of the GM's screen throughout the years and love playing and running games. I'd call my style heavy on improv both in RP and in combat and tend to err towards rule of cool, because I love seeing my players smile when they come up with a silly cool thing to try.

My most recent history is playing three year long campaign of D&D 5e that started during the pandemic to show my buddy Craig how to play D&D and evolved into how my friends and I stayed close. It started as a VTT game using Roll20 and evolved into an in person game when podding up with a specific group of people started to become something that was approved by the CDC. (which one of these players worked for, funny enough!) I firmly believe and have lived to tell the tale that TTRPGs create bonds and let folks connect in ways that are too plentiful to put into words here, but to say the hobby means a lot to me would be an understatement. It's helped the group of us survive the last few years, frankly.

We just started up a 2nd (quasi sequel) pirate themed campaign in 5e. This isn't even getting into the little side games of MÖRK BORG , Call of Cthulhu, various PbtA and fun little indie TTRPGs I've run and played along side them in fits and starts of the years. Recently I've been absolutely adoring pretty much anything Free League I buy. I have run Blade Runner a few times for friends and am absolutely champing at the bit to play Dragonbane as soon as I can find time to run it for friends. (That system looks so cool and the perfect mix of rules light and easy to convert for all the weird OSR adventures I've collected over the years!)

As far as Pathfinder 2e goes -- I have little to no experience. I've built several characters, one of which got accepted into 1 PF2e game here on the Weave that fell apart before the first RP post went up. (heartbreaking!) I've been working on a Pathfinder adventure I plan to run with friends. I'm converting the first 4e D&D adventure I ever ran for them just for a little nostalgic trip down memory lane. I think it'd be neat to run it for the folks I regularly play D&D with to see the origins of my TTRPG fandom while also learning to play a new non-D&D system. So I'm not unfamiliar with PF2e as far as mechanics and concepts go. I would say I am still learning it and have no practice actually applying this knowledge to play. But I'm really hoping I get the chance to here!

I only recently joined MythWeavers at the start of the year and so far am in only 3 games. One's an Old School Essentials game about vikings that I'm enjoying a lot. The 2nd and 3rd came relatively back to back with me subbing in for someone that needed to drop out of a Call of Cthulhu game and a Mutant Crawl Classics game where we're currently in the funnel for and all 4 of my weird level 0 dorks are alive somehow alive still beyond all reason! I will say this about what brought me to MythWeavers in the first place, though. I came here to play Pathfinder 2e specifically and have had trouble either narrowly missing out on joining other 2e games or getting passed over for other players. This is all fine! It's the way she goes... But I'm hoping my enthusiasm and excitement to engage with PF2e and whatever GMs wanna do as far as collaborative story telling wise comes through in my character and introductory posts here. (that lore post is forth coming and will be done before the deadline! promise!)

One last note -- my character is based on my cat Nacho and his "master" is my partner who was the one who ended up adopting him. She felt she had been chosen when he was a scared stray that jumped into her car seat before leaving our apartment one day demanding her attention and affection. We took him in, cleaned him up and showed him all the love, got him vetted and all that good stuff. So a little piece of our home is in Nico! Pic related -- it's Nacho GMing Mork Borg for my firends when I got up to use the RR. lol

image.png.e13a2aeddd3cd167bf433ebca22b94c1.png