Chapter 1: A Great Upheaval

tokenOmarBaldul.png.313a680dd8b5f60122a387589e484577.pngOmar Baldul

Human Sage Evocation Wizard

AC: 11 (14 Mage Armor) | HP: 4/9 (1d6) | Speed: 30 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15
Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 18 (14) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 14 (+2)

IC: “My words are bold ”  | 'My thoughts slanted"  | My actions are plain . . .

Taking cover behind a building, that sounded like good advice "Will do Thordin" he called out before looking around from his current position he still could see the Goblin that kept on refusing to die.

"Well once more with feeling. Pyrofuego!" he took careful aim and released another bolt of fire.

His magic hit again, and again it seemed to have barely an effect on the Goblin.

"What does it to take for that beast to finally die?" he sighed in frustration

He then moved forward until he could rest his back against the wall of the house in front of him. Glad for the steadying influence.

OOC

Move 30 ft to aK18

Action: cast Firebolt at Goblin 3 for 1

To Whom It May Concern . . .

Edited by Shocker (see edit history)
Name
Firebolt against Goblin 3
1d20+6 16
damage
1d10 1

FnmB2FcfOX2Oe95w2Q2S--1--rgq1w.png.8f4145fde2636f51b4d5dc858f928fb4.pngEzra Dyn'Thalos Shadar-Kai, Twilight Cleric

Ezra

HP: 10/10, AC: 18, Hit Die 1d8, Passive: Perception: 16, Insight: 16, Investigate: 13

Str: 16, Dex: 11, Con: 14, Int: 12, Wis: 18, Cha: 9

Blessing of the R. Q.  Fey Ancestry  Eyes of Night Vigilant Blessing  Trance  Languages  Proficiency and Tools

Shadow Step: 1/2,

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,| My actions . . .

Ezra winced seeing Duala take a nasty shot to the side as she moved down. Seeing the half-orc take cover behind the building, Ezra moved herself behind the building across the way. The goblins that shot Duala came from the mill it seems. Though there were three still in range as Ezra used the corner of the house for cover. Seeing her the others also take cover, Ezra points at one of the goblins again for a third time. Oh blessed queen of death and winter weather, release thine foes from this life's tether.

Once more the magic that should be radiating through the goblins head is simply ignored as if the creatures were to stupid to know they should be concerned for those bells. Perhaps the incessant ringing from the church is disrupting the pitch too much. Ezra wishes she had a crossbow at this point. It would be hard to ignore a bolt sticking out of your eye socket.

TO WHOM It MAY CONCERN....

OOC
  • Ongoing Effect:
  • Concentration:
  • Reaction/Ready Action:
  • Swift Action: 
  • Action: 
  • Move Action: Move to AK 20

Spell Att: +6, Spell Save DC: 14, Wisdom.

Spells 

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
Slots 1/2 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0
  • Bless
  • Command
  • Cure Wounds
  • Faerie Fire
  • Healing Word
  • Shield of Faith
  • Sleep

Cantrips: Guidance, Toll the Dead, Word of Radiance.

Clerics have access to all spells on their spell list. The spells shown are the spells prayed for to have access to for the day.

Edited by Seardon (see edit history)
Name
roll
1d20-1 18

Posted (edited)
Date

24 Ches 1490 DR,
The Claw of the Sunsets,
the Year of the Star Walker's Return

Early Afternoon

Temperature: 18 F (−7.8 C)
Winds: Very Strong, at 50 mph (80.5 kmph).
Precipitation: Moderate snow
Relative Humidity: Moderate
Selûne: 2nd Qtr

Round 5, Concluded

Goblin 3 rushes up to Thordin—unaware that the giant of a man is a polearm master—triggering his mastery. The goblin swiftly ducks under Thordin’s halberd, however, and attacks! It’s scimitar slices cleanly through Thordin’s thigh, where his chainmail doesn’t reach, dealing 7 slashing damage to him!

After a javelin thrown by Yod sails just past goblin 4’s cheek, it narrows its eyes and aims a shot back at him! The arrow pierces Yod’s beefy throwing arm, dealing 8 piercing damage!

Goblin 5 shoots at Thordin, dealing another 5 piercing damage before moving over behind another farmhouse and crouching to hide in some bushes (DC 19 to spot it).

Goblin 6 fires at Throdin, but the arrow sails past his head. It then moves over towards the farmhouse, but can’t quite get far enough to try to hide.

Unable to properly hide, when goblin 7 pops up to fire at Thordin, it does so with disadvantage! However, the winds shift and the arrow lodges itself right in Thordin’s throat! He’s down and bleeding out!

Goblin 8 pops out and aims at the fallen form of Thordin! Because it’s attacking from a hidden position, it overcomes the disadvantage due to range and firing at a prone target. However, the same winds that shifted an arrow into Thordin’s throat also shifted goblin 8’s arrow off course, causing it to land a few feet from its intended target.

Both goblins 7 & 8 drop back into a hiding position. Goblin 7 is somewhat hidden—DC 12 or a passive Perception score of 12 will spot it, but once again, goblin 8 is the expert skulker, disappearing perfectly into the shadows (DC 23 to spot it)!

When Thordin goes down, goblin 3 steals Thordin’s halberd out of his unconscious hands as an interact-with-object and then retreats the rest of its movement to behind the building, crouching down in some grass (DC 14 to spot it).

Round 6, Start!

Maps

Your character cannot see whatever’s in the grayed-out areas, but I left them visible so you, the player, can know where you’re moving your token, rather than trying to imagine squares in blackness. If you move into a space that would reveal what’s there, you can react to it.

To spot a creature that is hiding, you must first move into a position to see it, if you are not already in one. If your passive Perception score meets or beats the DC given, then you see it automatically and you can act as normal. However, if your passive Perception does not meet or beat the hiding creature’s Stealth DC, then you must take the Search action on your turn to spot it. As I said in the last post, anyone who spots a hiding creature automatically reveals that creature’s position to everyone, negating the advantage they had from hiding.

Everyone

image.png.a165bf912900c2f024f5171c71238d01.png

Statblocks

GoblinGoblin

Small Humanoid (Goblinoid), Neutral Evil
Armor Class 15 (leather armor, shield) or 13 (leather armor) when using a bow
Hit Points 7 (2d6)

Goblin HP Max-HP % Remaining Notes
Goblin 1 −12 10 −120% DEAD!
Goblin 2 −3 9 −33% DEAD!
Goblin 3 3 11 27% AC Currently 15, Hidden (DC 14
or passive Perception 14)
Goblin 4 11 12 92% AC Currently 13
Goblin 5 7 7 100% AC Currently 13, Hidden (DC 19)
Goblin 6 8 8 100% AC Currently 13
Goblin 7 10 10 100% AC Currently 13, Hidden (DC 12
or passive Perception 12)
Goblin 8 12 12 100% AC Currently 13, Unseen, Hidden (DC 23)

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
8 (−1) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 8 (−1) 8 (−1)

Skills Stealth +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 9
Languages Common, Goblin
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Nimble Escape. The goblin can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of its turns.

Actions

Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

• Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) slashing damage.

Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target.

• Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.

Environment: Forest, Grassland, Hill, Underdark

Source: MM, page 166. Also found in LMoP; PotA; SKT; TftYP; ToA; WDH; WDMM; GoS; BGDIA; ERLW; RMBRE; EGW; IDRotF; TCE; WBtW; CRCotN; DSotDQ; HftT; PaBTSO; SatO; BMT; GHLoE. Available in the SRD.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Thordin polearm master AoO vs Goblin 3 (AC 15); Slashing Damage; Crit
9; 9; 7
1d20+6;1d10+4;1d10 [3]; [3,5]; [3,5,7]
Goblin 3 Scimitar attack vs Thordin (AC 16); Slashing Damage; Crit
20; 7; 2
1d20+4;1d6+2;1d6 [16]; [16,5]; [16,5,2]
Goblin 4 Shortbow attack on Yod (AC 15); Piercing Damage; Crit
21; 8; 2
1d20+4;1d6+2;1d6 [17]; [17,6]; [17,6,2]
Goblin 5 Shortbow attack on Thordin (AC 16); Piercing Damage; Crit
16; 5; 4
1d20+4;1d6+2;1d6 [12]; [12,3]; [12,3,4]
Goblin 5 Dexterity (Stealth) check to Hide
1d20+6 13
Goblin 6 Shortbow attack on Thordin (AC 16); Piercing Damage; Crit
13; 5; 3
1d20+4;1d6+2;1d6 [9]; [9,3]; [9,3,3]
Goblin 3 Dexterity (Stealth) check to Hide
1d20+6 8
Goblin 7 Shortbow attack on Thordin (AC 16—Disad); Piercing Damage; Crit
23; 8; 4
drop(2d20,highest,1)+4;1d6+2;1d6 [19,19]; [19,19,6]; [19,19,6,4]
Goblin 8 Shortbow attack on Thordin (AC 16); Piercing Damage; Crit
8; 7; 3
1d20+4;1d6+2;1d6 [4]; [4,5]; [4,5,3]
Goblin 7 Dexterity (Stealth) check to Hide
1d20+6 6
Goblin 8 Dexterity (Stealth) check to Hide
1d20+6 17
Goblin 3 Scimitar attack vs Thordin (AC 16) Disadvantage Roll
1d20+4 15
Goblin 5 Shortbow attack on Thordin (AC 16) Disadvantage Roll
1d20+4 16
Goblin 6 Shortbow attack on Thordin (AC 16) Disadvantage Roll
1d20+4 13

cowboy3.pngGaron Ammakyl

Human Noble Paladin

AC 18 | HP 12/12 (1/1d10 +2) | Sense 4/4 | LoH 5/5
Str 16 | Dex 12 | Con 14 | Int 10 | Wis 12 | Cha 16

Spellcasting +5 DC 13 | Cantrips | Shield 1/1

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,'  | My actions

Garon watches in horror as the giantling gets murdered in front him and has his weapon taken by the goblins as a souvenir, confirming in the worst way his strong apprehension fighting these ambushy archers. "Duala! Yod! Thordin is down!" He calls across the town hoping his new companions hear him.

He looks with surprise and concern toward their follower of the Raven Queen, "Ezra! You got him?" When she confirms that she does, Garon breathes a sigh of relief and refocuses on the goblin out in the open.

Spitting out another, "Fuego!" he sends a bolt of fire toward the little bugger. But again, his emotions get the better of his aim sending the firebolt above its head. And then, puts his armored shoulder against the wall for cover.

OOC

Right hand: Empty
Left hand: Shield

Use Object -

Move

Action Cast Firebolt if at Goblin 6

Reaction Cast Shield if hit and worth it

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Perception (spot goblins)
1d20+1 13
Firebolt at Goblin 6
1d20+5 4

spacer.pngThordin Galorspyd

Human Giant Foundling Rune Knight Fighter

IC: “My words,” Thordin said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Thordin thought. | My actions . . .

Thordin’s heart struggled to beat. There was still so much he had to do, dammit!

OOC

Movement:

Interaction:

Bonus Action:

Action:

Reaction:

| AC: 16 or 18 | HP: 0/14 | Speed: 30' | Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 11 | Initiative: +2 |

| STR: 18 (+4) | Dex: 15 (+2) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 12 (+1) |

| Hill Strike 2/2 | Greater Weapon Fighting | Second Wind 1/1 |

Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)
Name
Death Save
1d20 17

FnmB2FcfOX2Oe95w2Q2S--1--rgq1w.png.8f4145fde2636f51b4d5dc858f928fb4.pngEzra Dyn'Thalos Shadar-Kai, Twilight Cleric

Ezra

HP: 10/10, AC: 18, Hit Die 1d8, Passive: Perception: 16, Insight: 16, Investigate: 13

Blessing of the R. Q.  Fey Ancestry  Eyes of Night Vigilant Blessing  Trance  Languages  Proficiency and Tools

Ezra saw the flurry of Arrows hit the large man. The goblins really seemed to have his number, but it didn't help that he was pretty much walking into a fire lane with 4 attackers. Her options are limited at this moment and while he was foolish for not using the buildings for covers, she feels that the Raven Queen can forgive his reckless abandon. Hopefully he learns from this...if they all survive.

Ezra moves out, shield kept between her and the goblin archers as she gets beside Thordin and invoke the magic of her goddess. "Blessed queen of death and frost, mend this soul from midnights toll. Tis not time for eternal sleep to take, I pray his soul you will not reap." Placing her free hand on Thordin allowing the divine magic to pass. The wounds begin pushing the arrows out of the giantkins wounds and sealing them. As he awakes, Ezra furiously yells at him as she returns to behind the building. "Get to cover you fool!"

OOC
  • Ongoing Effect:
  • Concentration:
  • Reaction/Ready Action:
  • Swift Action: 
  • Action: Cast Cure on Thordin
  • Move Action: Move 15 feet From AK 20 to AK 23 to cast cure then move 15 feet back to reclaim cover by the house.

Spells 

Slots 0/2 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0
  • Bless
  • Command
  • Cure Wounds
  • Faerie Fire
  • Healing Word
  • Shield of Faith
  • Sleep

Clerics have access to all spells on their spell list. The spells shown are the spells prayed for to have access to for the day.

Name
Cure Wounds on Thordin
1d8+4 8

spacer.pngThordin Galorspyd

Human Giant Foundling Rune Knight Fighter

IC: “My words,” Thordin said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Thordin thought. | My actions . . .

Thordin rose with renewed vigor, he saw where Garon looked, seeing the goblin that stole his weapon. It wouldn’t keep it if he had anything to say about it. He drew his second hand axe and chucked it at the fleeing creature before withdrawing to the safety of cover!

Regardless of his actions, looked over at Garon and Ezra, “You both have my…gratitude…I believe it’s called.

OOC

Movement: getting up, moving to AK26 after action

Interaction: Draw out a hand axe

Bonus Action:

Action: Attacking Goblin 3 with hand Axe, since garon looked in that direction and succeeded the perception check, I’m guess it isn’t hidden?

Reaction: Attacking any enemy that approaches within 10’

| AC: 16 or 18 | HP: 12/14 | Speed: 30' | Senses: Passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 11 | Initiative: +2 |

| STR: 18 (+4) | Dex: 15 (+2) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 12 (+1) | Wis: 16 (+3) | Cha: 12 (+1) |

| Hill Strike 2/2 | Greater Weapon Fighting | Second Wind 1/1 |

Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)
Name
Hand Axe attack at Goblin 3
1d20+6 15
Slashing
1d6+4 4

spacer.pngDuala

Half-Orc Gladiator Paladin

HP: 7/14 | AC: 18 | HD: 0d10/1d10 | Passive Perception: + | Initiative: +0 | Speed: 30'

Str: 16 | Dex: 11 | Con: 14 | Int: 13 | Wis:14 | Cha: 16

Darkvision | Relentless Endurance: 1/1 | Savage Attacks | Languages

Divine Sense: 4/4 | Lay on Hands: 2/5

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

Duala hears Garon call out that Thordin's fallen. She closes her eyes, whispering a quick prayer. More voices comes and she sees Ezra move towards their fallen comrade, and so she has to have faith in them, and she moves towards the other side of the building, trying to put herself in a position to either flank behind the remaining goblins not in the windmill, or support Yod if he needs it.

I'm not strong enough. Not yet.

She tries to brush off the self-doubts, second guessing each decision, each action, and instead put her mind to the present.

OOC

Movement & Action: Move and dash to AO34, hopefully using the building as full cover from Goblins 5-8 unless they move

Action: -

Bonus Action: -

Str: 10 (0) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 18 (14) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 14 (+2)

Omar is taking deep steadying breaths so much is happening so fast, Thordin going down Garon shouting that he is dead. Yet Ezra coming through, bringing the big Krigga back, actually killing the Goblin that had eluded him for so long.

He moves past Garon. Looking straight at the on goblin he can see, points his Staff and shouts again "Pyrofuego".

Not even waiting to see what is happening he hastens back into the cover of the building.

He can't see the effect of his spell, but he can hear it, as the howling of the hit Goblin is long and ongoing, until it suddenly is replaced by entire silence. "So I can be effective if I get close enough" Omar thinks "That's for Thordin you foul creatures!" he yells.

OOC

Move move to ak21 cast firebolt then end at AK19

Action: cast fire bolt at Goblin 6

Name
Firebolt against Goblin #6
1d20+6 18
Fire bolt damage
1d10 10

ce872034a624bc5059627dd657a21870.jpgYod Ironbeard

Shield Dwarf Folk Hero Ancestral Guardian Barbarian

AC: 15 | HP: 6/18 (1d12) | Speed: 30 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 13, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 19 (+4) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 13 (+1) | Cha: 11 (+0)

Rage: 2/2 |

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Yod curses as the goblin shoots him in the arm. More than a little pissed, he mutters to himself, "Clangeddin, I'm gonna a little help here. Bless me as I smack the crap outta this here gobo!"

The dwarf lumbers forward toward the goblin archer. He heaves his maul over his head and moves next to the fence. The weapon cracks hard into the ribs of the green-skinned menace, but it isn't enough to kill it.

OOC

Move:  Yod moves SW, S, S, S

Attack:  He uses his maul to attack Goblin 4. He hits for 10 points of bludgeoning damage.

Edit: If Yod does somehow kill Goblin 4, he will finish his move by going W, W against the building for some cover instead of just standing out in the middle of nowhere like an idiot.

Edited by Shadeus (see edit history)
Name
Maul attack vs. Goblin 4
1d20+6 7
Bludgeoning damage
2d6+4 1,5

Posted (edited)
Date

24 Ches 1490 DR,
The Claw of the Sunsets,
the Year of the Star Walker's Return

Early Afternoon

Temperature: 18 F (−7.8 C)
Winds: Very Strong, at 50 mph (80.5 kmph).
Precipitation: Moderate snow
Relative Humidity: Moderate
Selûne: 2nd Qtr

Round 6, Concluded

As a bonus action, goblin 4 disengages from Duala and Yod, who just came running down the farm-field to the fence separating her from it. Although she would have no problem attack it through the fence, it will take half her movement to climb over or through it to get to the goblin. The same applies to Yod, who is next to her in the field.

After disengaging, the goblin nocks an arrow, takes aim and shoots at Yod (OOC: Initially, I had it attack Duala because I accidentally missed Yod’s post, so to correct that, it would have shot at the burly dwarf that nearly killed it, not the scary lady that just ran up.) before scampering and ducking down behind the big boulder lodged in the grass. Because it already used its bonus action to disengage, it cannot also hide. However, goblin 4 does have +5 to its AC (currently) from three-quarters cover behind that big rock!

In its haste to scarper from Duala and Yod, its arrow goes wide, landing harmlessly in the field behind him.

Goblin 5 pops out from its hiding place behind the farmhouse and once in view of Ezra, shoots at her. She has a +2 to AC from cover, but it has advantage on the attack because it was hiding. It then returns to its position behind the house and as a bonus action, takes the Hide action: DC 15 to spot it with passive Perception or the Search action.

Goblin 5’s arrow /thunks dangerously close to Ezra’s head.

Goblin 7 pops up and looses an arrow at Thordin. It has disadvantage on the shot due to long range, and Thordin has a +2 to AC from cover. The arrow flies wide. (OOC: I accidentally forgot to replace “Ezra” with “Thordin” in the dice roller.) The goblin then ducks down and takes the Hide action as a bonus action: DC 14 to spot it with passive Perception or the Search action.

Goblin 8 pops up from out of a hiding position, canceling out the disadvantage from long-range, and looses an arrow at Thordin, who has cover. Its arrow also flies wide. It, too, drops back down to hide. However, it yips loudly when it stubs its toe, and you can see the top of its green head bobbing up and down. It’s not hidden.

It is about now that you all notice that the bell-ringing has stopped and you can hear the yipping sounds of two goblins exiting the temple.

Round 7, Start!

Maps

Your character cannot see whatever’s in the grayed-out areas, but I left them visible so you, the player, can know where you’re moving your token, rather than trying to imagine squares in blackness. If you move into a space that would reveal what’s there, you can react to it.

To spot a creature that is hiding, you must first move into a position to see it, if you are not already in one you must either rely upon your passive Perception score, OR you must take the Search action. If your passive Perception score meets or beats the DC given, then you see it automatically and you can act as normal: its attacks do not have advantage against you, and your attacks do not have disadvantage against it. However, you and only you gain this benefit.

If your passive Perception does not meet or beat the hiding creature’s Stealth DC, then you must decide whether or not you will take the Search action on your turn to spot it. Taking the Search action costs you your action in combat and you lose your attack. However, if you do take the Search action, everyone gains the benefit of you spotting the creature. ALSO, you do not need to specify which creature you are Searching for. Any creature whose Hide check result is the same or less than your Search check result is now revealed to you and everyone in your party. This does not mean you necessarily see the creature, but you know their position for whatever reason—sound, smell, whatever.

Related to the last bit, above, conversely, line of sight on the map does NOT enable your character to spot a hidden creature. If I say that a creature is hidden, it is hidden, and only your character’s passive Perception or their Search action check can reveal it. Just because you can see its token on the map does not mean your character can see the creature. The creature could be hidden in a tall tuft of grass or behind a bush that is not displayed on the map.

Statblocks

GoblinGoblin

Small Humanoid (Goblinoid), Neutral Evil
Armor Class 15 (leather armor, shield) or 13 (leather armor) when using a bow
Hit Points 7 (2d6)

Goblin HP Max-HP % Remaining Notes
Goblin 3: −5 11 −45% DEAD!
Goblin 4: 1 12 8% AC Currently 13
Goblin 5: 7 7 100% AC Currently 13, Hidden (DC 15)
Goblin 6: −2 8 −25% DEAD!
Goblin 7: 10 10 100% AC Currently 13, Hidden (DC 14)
Goblin 8: 12 12 100% AC Currently 13, Unseen, Hidden (DC 23)
Goblin 9: 10 10 100% AC Currently 15
Goblin 10: 11 11 100% AC Currently 15
Goblin 11: 12 12 100% AC Currently 15

Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
8 (−1) 14 (+2) 10 (+0) 10 (+0) 8 (−1) 8 (−1)

Skills Stealth +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 9
Languages Common, Goblin
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Proficiency Bonus +2

Nimble Escape. The goblin can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of its turns.

Actions

Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

• Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) slashing damage.

Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target.

• Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.

Environment: Forest, Grassland, Hill, Underdark

Source: MM, page 166. Also found in LMoP; PotA; SKT; TftYP; ToA; WDH; WDMM; GoS; BGDIA; ERLW; RMBRE; EGW; IDRotF; TCE; WBtW; CRCotN; DSotDQ; HftT; PaBTSO; SatO; BMT; GHLoE. Available in the SRD.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)
Name
Goblin 4 Shortbow Attack vs Duala (AC 18); Piercing Damage; Crit
5; 3; 4
1d20+4;1d6+2;1d6 [1]; [1,1]; [1,1,4]
Goblin 5 Shortbow Attack vs Ezra (AC 20 (Cover)—Adv); Piercing Damage; Crit
17; 7; 1
keep(2d20,highest,1)+4;1d6+2;1d6 [8,13]; [8,13,5]; [8,13,5,1]
Goblin 5 Hide
1d20+6 9
Goblin 7 Shortbow Attack vs Ezra (AC 18 (Cover)—Disad (Range)); Piercing Damage; Crit
8; 7; 4
drop(2d20,highest,1)+4;1d6+2;1d6 [18,4]; [18,4,5]; [18,4,5,4]
Goblin 7 Hide
1d20+6 8
Goblin 8 Shortbow Attack vs Thordin (AC 18 (Cover)); Piercing Damage; Crit
6; 5; 2
1d20+4;1d6+2;1d6 [2]; [2,3]; [2,3,2]
Goblin 8 Hide
1d20+6 4

Omar looks up and sees the two goblins exiting the temple “Two more of those nasty buggers behind us, at least they are not aiming arrows at us.” He calls out to is companions.

”yet” he only adds in his thoughts “We have no cover from them at all here, getting pinned down from two sides is a sure way to get into fatal trouble.”

he raises his staff again and fervently prays that he got the hang of it “Pyrofuego”

With terror and disgust he sees his magical projectile entirely missing the goblin. Crestfallen he turns to the others “Might I suggest that we focus any long range attacks we have at our disposal at those two in our backs?”

OOC

Move: upon advice from Council Omar moves to AK 18 and cowers behind the rock

Action: cast fire bolt at Goblin 10

Name
Firebolt at goblin #10
1d20+6 6

cowboy3.pngGaron Ammakyl

Human Noble Paladin

AC 18 | HP 12/12 (1/1d10 +2) | Sense 4/4 | LoH 5/5
Str 16 | Dex 12 | Con 14 | Int 10 | Wis 12 | Cha 16

Spellcasting +5 DC 13 | Cantrips | Shield 1/1

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,'  | My actions

Garon stares at the arrow that barely misses Ezra's head. After a moment, he says, "Good idea, Omar. And, you two should take cover behind that obelisk from those new goblins keeping this building between us and the ones that took down Thordin." Garon tries to switch places with the elf and take the corner and the threat.

Following Omar's example, he points at one of the new goblins and ignites another bolt of fire from his index finger with the trigger of "Fuego." The blast explodes the goblin's head in spectacularly burning bits.

OOC

Right hand: Empty
Left hand: Shield

Use Object -

Move to AK20

Action Cast Firebolt if at Goblin 10

Reaction Cast Shield if hit and worth it

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Firebolt at Goblin 10
1d20+5 20
Fire damage to Goblin 10
2d10 8,4

spacer.pngDuala

Half-Orc Gladiator Paladin

HP: 7/14 | AC: 18 | HD: 0d10/1d10 | Passive Perception: + | Initiative: +0 | Speed: 30'

Str: 16 | Dex: 11 | Con: 14 | Int: 13 | Wis:14 | Cha: 16

Darkvision | Relentless Endurance: 1/1 | Savage Attacks | Languages

Divine Sense: 4/4 | Lay on Hands: 2/5

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

It's a tricky situation, and so long as those Goblins are sniping at them, it makes everything a risk. Still, she didn't come up here to become a tailor or basket weaver. Seeing Yod ready to go after his quarry, she gives him a nod and leaps over the fence. She rushes towards the large rock very much out of place, and has her shield up against any arrows coming her way.

She sees the two Goblins she had earlier, one now burnt to a crisp, the other still very much in the fight. If she can just strike it down, or at the very least chase it out of cover...

OOC

Movement: Move to AQ31, hopefully using the rock as cover from the windmill Goblins

Action: Dodge

Bonus Action: -

Ezra

As Garon was about to attempt to swap with Ezra. Ezra instead moved out. "We'll need to keep both flanks protected." She said as she moved along the side of the house to where she could see the goblin that shot at her. She speaks the prayer hoping that the Toll will now be heard with the ringing from the church ceasing. It appears the little goblins are entirely deafened though, paying no mind to the magical Raven's whispering dark demise upon them.

Ezra quickly moves back up to the corner of the house, aware of the other two goblins in the windmill. It's not ideal, but she can at least cover a retreat if need be.

OOC
  • Ongoing Effect:
  • Concentration:
  • Reaction/Ready Action:
  • Swift Action: 
  • Action: Cast Toll the Dead on Goblin 5.
  • Move Action: Move from AK 20, 20 feet to AO 21, After casting Toll the Dead move 10 feet back up to AM 21.

Spells 

Slots 0/2 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0
  • Bless
  • Command
  • Cure Wounds
  • Faerie Fire
  • Healing Word
  • Shield of Faith
  • Sleep

Edited by Seardon (see edit history)
Name
Toll the Dead on Goblin 5
1d20-1 18