Edit History

codexgigas

codexgigas

1. What is your experience with Pathfinder 2e?
I've played a couple games of Pathfinder 2E on Myth Weavers. Two campaigns ended suddenly when the DMs withdrew, but I did complete the "Fistful of Flowers" adventure as a one-shot. I've also run the Beginner Box as a DM for my IRL group.

2. What is your experience with PbP?
I've played PbP off-and-on over the years, mostly on MW. I got back into MW during 2020 (like a lot of people). I've played and DMed a number of games, mostly D&D 5E. Right now, I'm the DM for two D&D 5E campaigns here on MW. I'm a player in two other 5E games.

3. What is your Role-playing Experience (overall, PbP and otherwise)? And, what makes a game "good"?
I started playing TTRPGs in college, which is almost 20 years ago now. I've played a lot of systems, including D&D 3.5, 4, and 5, D20 Modern, Adventures in Middle Earth, Star Wars Saga Edition, the old Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game, and Mutants and Masterminds. This has been a mix of in person, virtual (mostly Roll 20), and PbP. Ultimately, I enjoy games that are collaborative and creative. I love the chance to explore my own character while telling a larger story. I see good roleplaying as taking a "yes, and" approach. I need to build on the story the DM and the other players are telling, rather than just telling my own.

4. Please link me a couple examples of your Roleplaying here at the Weave (preferred). If no examples, be sure to post an "RP" in the open RP thread (when I get one up) I'd like to see a sample of your game-style writing.
Here are a couple recent posts, both as a DM and as a player:

I picked these posts intentionally, since they're stylistically very different from one another. I hope they show you my breadth as a player.

5. Tell me about a couple of your favorite characters you've actually played (in PBP or even in TT) and why you enjoyed those characters so much.
Here are some descriptions of a few of my favorite characters.

I played Xael Jhaelian, an Aereni elf cleric of the Undying Court, in an Eberron campaign. I enjoyed playing Xael because the Aereni are very different from other fantasy elven cultures. Xael was a "fish out of water" character, since the campaign was set in Sharn, and he was the only elf in the party. Over the course of the campaign, Xael moved past his xenophobia and was able to appreciate aspects of cultures other than his own. He was also interesting to play because he had a completely different relationship to necromancy and the undead than the rest of the party, since his culture was ruled by undead ancestors.

I played Aidan Quinn, a human swashbuckler, in a short-lived Pathfinder 2E campaign. Aidan was fun to play because he was the jokester of the party. The campaign allowed Aidan to explore some of his trauma and why he used humor and risk-taking as coping mechanisms. He's one character I regret not having more time to develop.

Finally, back in college, I played an infamous archivist character in a D&D 3.5 campaign. I don't remember his name, but a climactic encounter occurred during a library, which prompted the question: "Do I need to roll initiative if I'm just going to read?" My friends and I still laugh about it. I've also grown as a player since then.

6. Name (do not use the "mention" function) one or more players 'applying' for this game who you would like to be accepted.
After looking at the completed apps, I liked Razig, Nico, Boz, and Kilaim.

codexgigas

codexgigas

1. What is your experience with Pathfinder 2e?
I've played a couple games of Pathfinder 2E on Myth Weavers. Two campaigns ended suddenly when the DMs withdrew, but I did complete the "Fistful of Flowers" adventure as a one-shot. I've also run the Beginner Box as a DM for my IRL group.

2. What is your experience with PbP?
I've played PbP off-and-on over the years, mostly on MW. I got back into MW during 2020 (like a lot of people). I've played and DMed a number of games, mostly D&D 5E. Right now, I'm the DM for two D&D 5E campaigns here on MW. I'm a player in two other 5E games.

3. What is your Role-playing Experience (overall, PbP and otherwise)? And, what makes a game "good"?
I started playing TTRPGs in college, which is almost 20 years ago now. I've played a lot of systems, including D&D 3.5, 4, and 5, D20 Modern, Adventures in Middle Earth, Star Wars Saga Edition, the old Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game, and Mutants and Masterminds. This has been a mix of in person, virtual (mostly Roll 20), and PbP. Ultimately, I enjoy games that are collaborative and creative. I love the chance to explore my own character while telling a larger story. I see good roleplaying as taking a "yes, and" approach. I need to build on the story the DM and the other players are telling, rather than just telling my own.

4. Please link me a couple examples of your Roleplaying here at the Weave (preferred). If no examples, be sure to post an "RP" in the open RP thread (when I get one up) I'd like to see a sample of your game-style writing.
Here are a couple recent posts, both as a DM and as a player:

I picked these posts intentionally, since they're stylistically very different from one another. I hope they show you my breadth as a player.

5. Tell me about a couple of your favorite characters you've actually played (in PBP or even in TT) and why you enjoyed those characters so much.
Here are some descriptions of a few of my favorite characters.

I played Xael Jhaelian, an Aereni elf cleric of the Undying Court, in an Eberron campaign. I enjoyed playing Xael because the Aereni are very different from other fantasy elven cultures. Xael was a "fish out of water" character, since the campaign was set in Sharn, and he was the only elf in the party. Over the course of the campaign, Xael moved past his xenophobia and was able to appreciate aspects of cultures other than his own. He was also interesting to play because he had a completely different relationship to necromancy and the undead than the rest of the party, since his culture was ruled by undead ancestors.

I played Aidan Quinn, a human swashbuckler, in a short-lived Pathfinder 2E campaign. Aidan was fun to play because he was the jokester of the party. The campaign allowed Aidan to explore some of his trauma and why he used humor and risk-taking as coping mechanisms. He's one character I regret not having more time to develop.

Finally, back in college, I played an infamous archivist character in a D&D 3.5 campaign. I don't remember his name, but a climactic encounter occurred during a library, which prompted the question: "Do I need to roll initiative if I'm just going to read?" My friends and I still laugh about it. I've also grown as a player since then.

6. Name (do not use the "mention" function) one or more players 'applying' for this game who you would like to be accepted.
I'm going to spend the weekend reviewing other apps, and will complete this by Sunday at the latest.