Episode One - 'Bits and Pieces'

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

A Star Wars Text Adventure (Game 1) - 'A Matter of the Mind'

Episode I – 'Bits and Pieces'

12 ABY (The New Republic Era - EU)

Playable Character: A female Mirialan Jedi Knight with partial amnesia.

Primary Goal: Escape from the Imperial base holding you captive.

Score: TWENTY-THREE points out of a possible 1,138

BEGIN-

Hallway EE-S [Section 4] (East-West Hallway)
Tagged in Aurebesh text, two halves of a broken sign lie upon the pristine floor. A pair of E-11 blaster rifles sit on the floor as well.

The horizontal swiping port, once on the north wall, has been destroyed. It now exists only as plasteel shards littered across the hallway. There's also a small, empty recess above the fried console.

A plasteel equipment rack, undamaged, is recessed into the wall. It holds two E-11 blaster rifles.

There's a holding cell to the south. Its designation is written in Aurebesh, which you... couldn't read. However, comprehension of the text is slowly returning to you. You don't know what caused this recall, but the text reads 'Holding Cell EE-90'. Due to its ray shield being deactivated, the cell is accessible.

Again, you notice the schematic attached to the southern wall on both sides of the cell's aperture:
schematic-detentionblockEEA2.jpg.8845f364b071c594e134a9f108499f21.jpg
The rooms depicted by the schematic are labeled in Aurebesh. Since you seem to be able to read Aurebesh again, you peruse the labels corresponding to the east-west hallway:
use2.jpg.63820cb262db88f1da7e8b3c1ca66c53.jpg

You hear nothing but the drone of the illumination banks, coupled with your saber's hum.

Staring westward, beyond your greenish-yellow hands and the lightsaber, you're a bit stunned that the corridor is now empty. You finally remove one hand from your exquisite hilt, and immediately notice that your palm features a dark, geometrically repetitive tattoo.

You don't know when any adversaries may show up. However, there are three more unguarded cells within the east-west hallway.

@Barrigan > Examine the hallway, the swiping port/s and the cells. See if Sulon left the magenta card behind, or if there is another nearby. See if any of the other three cells are occupied. Call out to any occupants. "Hello in there! I'll get you out if I can. Any advice?"

You commence with your examination. All of the swiping ports are functional, with the exception of Section Four's. You know the card with a teal square opened your cell, and the card with a magenta square opened Sulon's cell. However, you DON'T know which cards open the three remaining cells.

Electing to study the cells, you enter Holding Cell EE-90, which was Sulon's.

Holding Cell EE-90
You can now examine the human's cell from within the room itself. Without delay, you study the holding cell. You see two power cells, lying on the pristine floor. There's a crude wooden chair in the southeast corner of the room. Sitting atop the chair is a plasma gas cartridge.

You exit Holding Cell EE-90, returning to the east-west corridor. Sulon did NOT leave the magenta card behind, and you find no cards of any kind.

The other three cells are indeed occupied. Considering you've already stared at the occupant in Holding Cell EE-88, you head over to Section Two of the hallway.

Hallway EE-S [Section 2] (East-West Hallway)
Tagged in Aurebesh text, a sign hangs high on the northern wall. Beneath, a horizontal swiping port protrudes out of a console.

A plasteel equipment rack is recessed into the wall. It holds one personal shield generator.

There's a holding cell to the south. Its designation is written in Aurebesh. It reads 'Holding Cell EE-88'. Due to its ray shield being activated, the cell is inaccessible.

Once again, you notice the detention block schematic attached to the southern wall on both sides of the cell's aperture.

You call out to the occupant, a male Zabrak sitting upon a crude wooden chair. "Hello in there! I'll get you out if I can. Any advice?"

His distraught face looks up and examines you for a moment. Then, he springs to the floor and nears the ray shield with a glint of hope in his eyes. "Hello. I've seen them swipe the key card. It's marked with a small square."

@LDDragon > Go east.

You head east.

Hallway EE-S [Section 3] (East-West Hallway)
Tagged in Aurebesh text, a sign with a blast mark hangs high on the northern wall. Beneath, a horizontal swiping port protrudes out of a console.

Still accessible, Holding Cell EE-89 is located to the south. Its designation is notated in Aurebesh. The detention block schematic is found on both sides of the aperture.

"Are you a Jedi?" the Zabrak asks loudly from his holding cell. "What should I do?"

You have now visited FIVE locations. Explore seven more to receive 12 points!

Edited by Green Ice Cream (see edit history)

I assume we have to be in section 2 to free the Zabrak. The bronze square key card is the only one we have and do not know what it does, so might as well try it here.

> Go west then swipe bronze square key card in horizontal swiping port. Say "Yes, I am a jedi". Get personal shield generator from rack.

Sounds like a plan. Good call grabbing the shield too. I didn't realise each of the sections only corresponded to one cell until we got the map. That makes it much easier to visualise.

> Ask the Zabrak "What's your name? Why are they holding you here? Do you know the way out?" Look down the hallway to see if we can find the guard station which may have more keycards. Listen for anyone who may be approaching.

On 4/13/2024 at 4:50 AM, LDDragon said:

> Go west then swipe bronze square key card in horizontal swiping port. Say "Yes, I am a jedi". Get personal shield generator from rack.

Hallway EE-S [Section 2] (East-West Hallway)
Tagged in Aurebesh text, a sign hangs high on the northern wall. Beneath, a horizontal swiping port protrudes out of a console.

A plasteel equipment rack is recessed into the wall. It holds one personal shield generator.

There's a holding cell to the south. Its designation is written in Aurebesh. It reads 'Holding Cell EE-88'. Due to its ray shield being activated, the cell is inaccessible.

Once again, you notice the detention block schematic attached to the southern wall on both sides of the cell's aperture.

You grab the Imperial key card (with bronze square) from your utility belt. Just as you rush over to the console, you hear a loud buzz from the corridor's west end. Only distracted for a moment, you refocus and swipe the card through the horizontal port. Another loud buzz, higher in pitch, informs you that the card's been rejected. The ray shield remains functional.

"Yes, I am a Jedi," you tell the Zabrak prisoner.

"I'm Zan," he replies, disappointed that the shield is still active. "I don't get it. Your card looks exactly like the one they used."

Listening to Zan, you near the recessed rack. Personal shield generator: Taken.

On 4/14/2024 at 4:20 AM, Barrigan said:

> Ask the Zabrak "What's your name? Why are they holding you here? Do you know the way out?" Look down the hallway to see if we can find the guard station which may have more keycards. Listen for anyone who may be approaching.

You call out to the male Zabrak. "What's your name?"

"Um." He pauses, wondering if you had heard him. "It's Zan... Zan Sey."

One section to the west (the west end), a high-ranking Imp enters the hallway from a north passage. He seems to ignore your presence, and approaches the cell in front of him.

Satisfied that you haven't been noticed, you quietly continue talking to Zan. "Why are they holding you here?"

The Imperial officer engages in conversation with another captive. You can't make out the words.

Zan Sey answers. "The Imperials claim that I have vital knowledge pertaining to their ravine, and frankly, I have no idea what they're talking about."

You proceed with another inquiry. "Do you know the way out?" The Imp swipes his key card and enters the westmost cell, probably to interrogate.

"All I know," Zan explains, "is that the north passage leads to some sort of guard station... but there are no controls for the door. Oh, and there's a hangar bay somewhere to the east."

You look down the corridor one section and study the west end. The northern station must be where the Imp entered from. No one is approaching at the moment.

(+1 Awareness) Your 'Awareness' total is now +2

>Try swiping the keycard with the teal square through the reader for Zan's cell. Examine the high ranking Imperial officer. Do we recognise him? Try to feel the Force inside us. Has it recovered at all?

On 4/22/2024 at 10:26 PM, Barrigan said:

>Try swiping the keycard with the teal square through the reader for Zan's cell. Examine the high ranking Imperial officer. Do we recognise him? Try to feel the Force inside us. Has it recovered at all?

You swipe the card with the teal square through the horizontal port. The red-tinted ray shield instantly vanishes. "Splendid!" Zan exclaims. "Thank you."

(Player 2 earns two points for solving a puzzle and one point for logic.) (Score: 26 out of a possible 1,138)

The Imp cannot be examined, for he's no longer in your line of sight. He entered the westmost cell, probably to interrogate the prisoner.

(-1 Awareness) Your 'Awareness' total is now +1

When he was present in the corridor, you did NOT recognize him. However, you deduced that he's highly ranked.

The Force flows through you. It has fully replenished. Although you feel no depletion of any kind, certain aspects of the energy field are still altered.

Your ability to sense other beings is not completely severed, but you cannot recall how to access it. Detecting other Force-sensitives may prove easier. Again, you're unsure if your captors are responsible.

Zan Sey, the male Zabrak, joins you in the east-west hallway. His skin is orange-beige.

Alignment- LIGHT SIDE: +6

Power cells where Sulon was. Not sure if they are fully charged or depleted, may or may not be useful later if we get them, along with the plasma gas cartridge. Want to keep Zan safe so probably better if he has the personal shield generator, assuming that it works. Vaguely wonder if we could ambush and knock out the nearby officer.

> Test personal shield generator to see if it works. Then give personal shield generator to Zan.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

For some reason I remember there being another prisoner near Zan. Might be in the next cell along, although that could be the one the high ranking Imp is interrogating. My sense of distance in this game seems to be a bit off. I can't tell if the Imp is at the other end of a long hallway or in the next cell over from Zan's.

> Say to Zan "That should give you some protection. Stay close to me. Grab a blaster if you can. Do you know anyone else in here? We'll rescue anyone else we can and then get out of here." Move to EE-S Section 1. Inspect cell EE-87 for occupants.

Edited by Barrigan (see edit history)