Edit History

Maester1216

Maester1216

Vorticar Seraddon
spacer.png

Characteristic Bonuses: Str +10, Tgh +8, Ag +3, Int +4, Per +3, Will +4, Fel +5

Wounds: 22/22

Movement: 4/8/12/24

Armour: Body - 10 (Front)/6 (Back), Arms - 7 (Front)/6 (Back), Other Locations - 9 (Front)/6 (Back)

Pain Suppressant Doses: 8/8

Current Ammunition: N/A

Fate Points: 3/3

Vorticar's brow arches at the Salamander's venomous rage, but as Vulker calms himself a smile creeps in from the corner of his mouth. He listens as the others speak and begins to notice some measure of a pattern; it would seem a great many of the assembled Astartes - himself included - have personal experience (or grievance) in fighting Greenskins. Such rage was being focused into a finely honed weapon, but of what sort? Were they a knife... or a hammer?

As each Astartes speaks in turn on the matter of strategy against the Greenskins, his gaze follows each in turn as he absorbs their words. Finally he speaks up, echoing much of what Madoc said.

"Truly fearless? Not wholly, no. Their bravery is commiserate to their numbers. Typical of any army I suppose, save that an Ork horde can number in the many millions. The sobriquet 'Green Tide' is more accurate than most realize. But as the others have said, do not mistake them for mere animals. They may prefer a brutally direct path, but have a feral cunning about them. They are durable as well - such obstructions as you've listed Zorael are more likely to slow them down rather than stop them. All the more glorious a battle, no?"

Vorticar rubs at his chin in thought. "Their own tactics can be used against them however. I did as much on Gyros-Thravian, battling the forces of Gharkul Blackfang to great effect. Killing their champions and leaders will inspire awe and fear amongst their common soldiery in the short-term, and cause infighting in the long-term, as warriors fight amongst themselves to secure the fallen's position. The fact that the Greenskins enjoy killing each other as much as us is perhaps the only reason they have not overrun the galaxy... and makes the force here at Ullanor all the more dangerous."

A question on his mind, Vorticar looks aside to Madoc. "The Death Guard were part of the army sent to Gyros-Thravian as I recall, alongside we Luna Wolves and the Imperial Fists. The Pale King himself commanded, alongside my father and Rogal Dorn. Did you serve there Madoc?"

There was an edge to Vorticar's question, a probing quality not unlike a young wolf sizing up an old alpha.

Maester1216

Maester1216

Vorticar Seraddon
70b720bc68262cc0dea4af78fe6b7e0d.jpg

Characteristic Bonuses: Str +10, Tgh +8, Ag +3, Int +4, Per +3, Will +4, Fel +5

Wounds: 22/22

Movement: 4/8/12/24

Armour: Body - 10 (Front)/6 (Back), Arms - 7 (Front)/6 (Back), Other Locations - 9 (Front)/6 (Back)

Pain Suppressant Doses: 8/8

Current Ammunition: N/A

Fate Points: 3/3

Vorticar's brow arches at the Salamander's venomous rage, but as Vulker calms himself a smile creeps in from the corner of his mouth. He listens as the others speak and begins to notice some measure of a pattern; it would seem a great many of the assembled Astartes - himself included - have personal experience (or grievance) in fighting Greenskins. Such rage was being focused into a finely honed weapon, but of what sort? Were they a knife... or a hammer?

As each Astartes speaks in turn on the matter of strategy against the Greenskins, his gaze follows each in turn as he absorbs their words. Finally he speaks up.

"Truly fearless? Not wholly, no. Their bravery is commiserate to their numbers. Typical of any army I suppose, save that an Ork horde can number in the many millions. The sobriquet 'Green Tide' is more accurate than most realize. But as the others have said, do not mistake them for mere animals. They may prefer a brutally direct path, but have a feral cunning about them. They are durable as well - such obstructions as you've listed Zorael are more likely to slow them down rather than stop them. All the more glorious a battle, no?"

Vorticar rubs at his chin in thought. "Their own tactics can be used against them however. I did as much on Gyros-Thravian, battling the forces of Gharkul Blackfang to great effect. Killing their champions and leaders will inspire awe and fear amongst their common soldiery in the short-term, and cause infighting in the long-term, as warriors fight amongst themselves to secure the fallen's position. The fact that the Greenskins enjoy killing each other as much as us is perhaps the only reason they have not overrun the galaxy... and makes the force here at Ullanor all the more dangerous."

A question on his mind, Vorticar looks aside to Madoc. "The Death Guard were part of the army sent to Gyros-Thravian as I recall, alongside we Luna Wolves and the Imperial Fists. The Pale King himself commanded, alongside my father and Rogal Dorn. Did you serve there Madoc?"