Edit History

8bitWizard

8bitWizard

Madoc Mannaw

madocportrait.png.1c6a151c7701039ce899e6e638801db0.png
Characteristics: WS:71 (+7) | BS:38 (+3) | S:51 (+12) | T:52 (+10) | A:44 (+4) | I:34 (+3) | P:42 (+4) | WP:38 (+3) | F:36 (+3)

Movement: 5/10/15/30 | Armor: Body 9, Rest 7

Wounds: 21/21 | Fate Points: 3/3

1 hour ago, Maester1216 said:

A question on his mind, Vorticar looks aside to Madoc. "The Death Guard were part of the army sent to Gyros-Thravian as I recall, alongside we Luna Wolves and the Imperial Fists. The Pale King himself commanded, alongside my father and Rogal Dorn. Did you serve there Madoc?"

Madoc's dark eyes turned to face Vorticar, staring in silence a moment longer than one should take to answer such a simple question. He took caution not to let his weathered face express the emotion behind it, the shame of his own failures, but slowly shook his head. There was no sense lying to his newest comrades-in-arms.

"No." He said simply. A heavy pause followed, threatening no further explanation before the Death Guard admitted, stone-faced, "By order of my Legion Command, for the past century or so, I have been charged with overseeing the training of Barbarus' young neophytes. It has been my honor to shape them into soldiers worthy of the XIV Legion. This new assignment has relieved me of that distinction." Now that bordered on a lie. Sergeant Mannaw was not resentful of his duties and preformed them without complaint, but every pox-marked boy he'd seen rise to a man and don the armor of a Legionary was a bitter pill to swallow, at least until recently. His broad shoulders rolled faintly, feeling almost uncomfortable in his power armor. It had been a long time since he last wore it. "From what my brothers have told me, t'was a dark day to be had until the Emperor and his Guardians took to the field and slew the vile Blackfang. Ach, would that I could have been there, to see Him glorious battle once more..."

Madoc trailed off as disquiet roiled inside of him. No doubt now they would see him as warrior past his prime, a washed-out mongrel fit only to teach the young dogs new tricks. Or worse yet, a liability: a tired old soldier keen on finding some honorable death at their expense. Let them have their misgivings; he would prove them wrong. He stood now on an Imperial flagship. By the day's end, he just might see his Emperor again...

"Said you're with the 10th Company, aye? You must have fought on Krypt, then. Battle-Captain Garro spoke highly of Captain Loken, and his Wolves. Nary a finer a legion he'd rather fight alongside, he told me. I look forward to seeing Brother Nathaniel's words proven true." He nodded in cautious respect, eager to change the subject from his own 'honors' to another's.

8bitWizard

8bitWizard

Madoc Mannaw

Characteristics: WS:71 (+7) | BS:38 (+3) | S:51 (+12) | T:52 (+10) | A:44 (+4) | I:34 (+3) | P:42 (+4) | WP:38 (+3) | F:36 (+3)

1 hour ago, Maester1216 said:

A question on his mind, Vorticar looks aside to Madoc. "The Death Guard were part of the army sent to Gyros-Thravian as I recall, alongside we Luna Wolves and the Imperial Fists. The Pale King himself commanded, alongside my father and Rogal Dorn. Did you serve there Madoc?"

Madoc's dark eyes turned to face Vorticar, staring in silence a moment longer than one should take to answer such a simple question. He took caution not to let his weathered face express the emotion behind it, the shame of his own failures, but slowly shook his head. There was no sense lying to his newest comrades-in-arms.

"No." He says simply. A heavy pause follows, threatening no further explanation before the Death Guard admits, stone-faced, "By order of my Legion Command, for the past century or so, I have been charged with overseeing the training of Barbarus' young neophytes. It has been my honor to shape them into soldiers worthy of the XIV Legion. This new assignment has relieved me of that distinction." Now that bordered on a lie. Sergeant Mannaw was not resentful of his duties and preformed them without complaint, but every pox-marked boy he'd seen rise to a man and don the armor of a Legionary was a bitter pill to swallow, at least until recently. His broad shoulders rolled faintly, feeling almost uncomfortable in his power armor. It had been a long time since he last wore it. "From what my brothers have told me, t'was a dark day to be had until the Emperor and his Guardians took to the field and slew the vile Blackfang. Ach, would that I could have been there, to see Him glorious battle once more..."

Madoc trailed off as disquiet roiled inside of him. No doubt now they would see him as warrior past his prime, a washed-out mongrel fit only to teach the young dogs new tricks. Or worse yet, a liability: a tired old soldier keen on finding some honorable death at their expense. Let them have their misgivings; he would prove them wrong. He stood now on an Imperial flagship. By the day's end, he just might see his Emperor again...

"Said you're with the 10th Company, aye? You must have fought on Krypt, then. Battle-Captain Garro spoke highly of Captain Loken, and his Wolves. Nary a finer a legion he'd rather fight alongside, he told me. I look forward to seeing Brother Nathaniel's words proven true." He nodded in cautious respect, eager to change the subject from his own 'honors' to another's.

8bitWizard

8bitWizard

Madoc Mannaw

"No." He says simply. A heavy pause follows, threatening no further explanation before the Death Guard admits, stone-faced, "By order of my Legion Command, for the past century or so, I have been charged with overseeing the training of Barbarus' young neophytes. It has been my honor to shape them into soldiers worthy of the XIV Legion. This new assignment has relieved me of that distinction." Now that bordered on a lie. Sergeant Mannaw was not resentful of his duties and preformed them without complaint, but every pox-marked boy he'd seen rise to a man and don the armor of a Legionary was a bitter pill to swallow, at least until recently. His broad shoulders rolled faintly, feeling almost uncomfortable in his power armor. It had been a long time since he last wore it. "From what my brothers have told me, t'was a dark day to be had until the Emperor and his Guardians took to the field and slew the vile Blackfang. Ach, would that I could have been there, to see Him glorious battle once more..."