Name | Impispacer.png

Refresh | 1

High Concept | Super Soldier of the Feral Flower

Trouble | Hunted by the Mielikki Project

Aspect III | Grew Up in a Laboratory

Aspect IV | Just Wants to Feel Pretty and Loved

Aspect V | Dissatisfied with the Life of a Rogue

Backstory

Over 20 years ago, Finnish biologists discovered a strange, aureate flower growing in the island of Vaskiluoto. Ingesting its petals would heighten the subject's feral instincts, turning them into an unarmed fighting machine. Some 18 years ago, Project Mielikki purchased the newborn Impi from a desperate, impoverished mother. They raised her in a laboratory in Vaasa. The researchers fed the child the petals of the Metsän Kultaomena flower every day, hoping to create a permanently augmented super soldier; the experiments were harsh and inhumane. A few months ago, a certain band of rogues broke into the laboratory to steal an unrelated bioweapon, and forcibly liberated Impi out of a sense of empathy for the girl. While grateful for her freedom, Impi is apprehensive about the criminal life that she has been dragged into, and wishes for a way to live a normal life, pretty and loved.

Great (+4) | {Athletics} {Notice}

Good (+3) | {Empathy} {Physique}

Fair (+2) | {Chi} {Computers} {Rapport}

Average (+1) | {Academics} {Crafts} {Investigate} {Resources}

Stress | [1] [1] [1] [1] [1] [1]

Mild Consequence | -

Moderate Consequence | -

Severe Consequence | -

Stunts

Mesikämmen's Momentum

When Impi has moved at least one zone during her turn, or when an enemy has moved into her own zone during their last turn, she can attack with Athletics rather than Fight. Impi adds 2 shifts to any stress she deals with this attack.

Otso's Unerring Claw

When Impi has moved at least one zone during her turn, or when an enemy has moved into her zone during their last turn, she gains a +2 bonus to melee attacks.

Kontio's Awareness

Impi gains a +2 bonus to initiative rolls with Notice.

Ukko's Gale

Impi can move two zones rather than just one. She can take her action at any point during this movement.

Ilmatar's Elusiveness

Impi gains a +2 bonus to defend or overcome with Athletics against anything that would represent her movements being bound or otherwise disrupted: Entangled, Grappled, Off-Balance, Prone, Stunned, and the like.

Extras

Chi Training

Permissions: Interact with the supernatural

Costs: Ranks in Chi

The flower that Impi has consumed all her life is more than mundane.

Personal Equipment & Gear
  • A rigid backpack more fashionable than functional, taken from a villain she beat up a while ago
  • Expensive fashion, jewelry, and accessories, taken from another villain she beat up a while ago

Note: List here any equipment your character reasonably has that will be narratively relevant to the story. This should include any gear they commonly use to accomplish their goals, and weapons without WR they use to fight with. Also anything with personal significance to them. Don't worry about being super-complete, you can have everyday items that most people have. Phone, keys, wallet, handbag, laptop, etc. You don't need to include your ride here.

Note: Do not delete this line. Insert new items above this line.

Edited by Colette (see edit history)

This character fits much better, tonally speaking. :) What role would you say she generally falls into on the team?

The As Forceful As A Bear's Claws Stunt is a little OP, though. Might I suggest this Stunt instead?

The Tiger Moves With Purpose

Move at least 1 Zone and make an attack using Athletics or make an Athletics attack on a target that just moved into your Zone on their last action. Add 2 shifts to any Stress you deal with this attack.

With this, you could discard both As Forceful As A Bear's Claws and Augmentation of the Feral Flower, then rename The Tiger Moves with Purpose to whatever you like. It has a fun movement-based limitation, and a bonus to damage as long as you can pull off the Stunt.

And if you like that, then I can suggest another martial-arts-style Stunt. ;) Just let me know what kind of technique you're looking for.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rune Knight said:

This character fits much better, tonally speaking. :) What role would you say she generally falls into on the team?

The As Forceful As A Bear's Claws Stunt is a little OP, though. Might I suggest this Stunt instead?

The Tiger Moves With Purpose

Move at least 1 Zone and make an attack using Athletics or make an Athletics attack on a target that just moved into your Zone on their last action. Add 2 shifts to any Stress you deal with this attack.

With this, you could discard both As Forceful As A Bear's Claws and Augmentation of the Feral Flower, then rename The Tiger Moves with Purpose to whatever you like. It has a fun movement-based limitation, and a bonus to damage as long as you can pull off the Stunt.

And if you like that, then I can suggest another martial-arts-style Stunt. ;) Just let me know what kind of technique you're looking for.

Thank you. This character probably falls under the "muscle" category, I would say. I would be open to another martial-arts-type stunt suggestion. I am looking for something that improves accuracy with your proposed Athletics stunt, or something that grants a +2 bonus to defend against or overcome anything that would impede the character's movement or positioning.

Bull Charge looks like your best bet when it comes to extra power on those Athletics attacks. You might rename it to sound more kung-fu, such as Raijin Tiger Strike.

Alternatively, this one incorporates the environment around you as a method of striking harder:

Leaves Like Razors

When Invoking a situation Aspect or environment-based Advantage on an attack, you add +2 Weapon Rating to that attack.

I can't find anything for a bonus to overcome obstacles like you've described, but it would be pretty simply to create one: something like Lightning Crosses the Sky, where you have +2 to Overcome with Athletics when you describe how you use parkour to defy danger and close the gap.

No need to take all of these, of course. Make sure to keep in mind your Stunt/Refresh ratio, as always.

Posted (edited)

Would Bull Charge not just be a +2 bonus to the roll for your proposed Athletics stunt?

Would it be fine to take a stunt that grants a +2 bonus to Athletics to defend against attempts to create an advantage?

When it comes to creating Stunts, it's important to give a Stunt limitations that keep it from being used to often. If you can use a Stunt every time you make a certain skill roll or take a certain action, it's too broadly applicable.

Bull Charge is a fine Stunt because it requires certain conditions; it just so happens that those conditions are very similar to The Tiger Moves with Purpose - the two Stunts are synergistic with each other.

A Stunt that grants a bonus to Athletics against all attempts to Create an Advantage on you, however, is a little too broad.

Think about all of the other Stunts you've seen: they aren't merely mechanical, they have a theme, they have a vibe, they fit an aesthetic. Essentially, there's got to be something fun and interesting about a Stunt.

Hello @Colette! I'm trying to finish my own character sheet today for this game. I'm currently working on my last Aspect and I wanted to tie it to another PC, exploring the connection between the two.

May I write up my character's Aspect about Impi? I see the backstory and I imagine my mastermind helped free her and gave her this new life. Although I imagine her wanting a normal life is a constant concern ;)

6 hours ago, Starsign said:

Hello @Colette! I'm trying to finish my own character sheet today for this game. I'm currently working on my last Aspect and I wanted to tie it to another PC, exploring the connection between the two.

May I write up my character's Aspect about Impi? I see the backstory and I imagine my mastermind helped free her and gave her this new life. Although I imagine her wanting a normal life is a constant concern ;)

Certainly, you can do that. I appreciate it very much.

56 minutes ago, Colette said:

Certainly, you can do that. I appreciate it very much.

Thanks! I went with something like this. What do you think?

Taught her Everything I KnowEver since rescuing Impi, Watcher taught her how to make the best use of her abilities and how to work alongside the rest of the team. The two nowadays work in tandem in close-range combat, as Watcher prefers; he makes sure the team sticks together, no matter what.

3 hours ago, Starsign said:

Thanks! I went with something like this. What do you think?

Taught her Everything I KnowEver since rescuing Impi, Watcher taught her how to make the best use of her abilities and how to work alongside the rest of the team. The two nowadays work in tandem in close-range combat, as Watcher prefers; he makes sure the team sticks together, no matter what.

I do not have any issues with this. Could you please clarify what "everything" is in this specific context, though? Thank you.

2 hours ago, Colette said:

I do not have any issues with this. Could you please clarify what "everything" is in this specific context, though? Thank you.

Whoops, yeah that is rather vague, isn't it? Perhaps instead of "everything" it'd be "Combat Trick" given her style of combat is quite different from my character's, and Impi can use her own style to coordinate attacks, setups, or movements with my PC. Thoughts?

12 hours ago, Starsign said:

Whoops, yeah that is rather vague, isn't it? Perhaps instead of "everything" it'd be "Combat Trick" given her style of combat is quite different from my character's, and Impi can use her own style to coordinate attacks, setups, or movements with my PC. Thoughts?

Yes, that would be fine. Thank you for letting me know.