Sheets Viewer Update - Cache Clear May Be Required ×

Edit History

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

"I...huh. I don't...think so? Or like...maybe in principle but not in practice? It's...I'm not entirely clear on where the limits are, other than that they definitely exist. And that I can't conjure bananas."

"I don't think it really...makes stuff happen. It's more subtle than that. Tweaks things so that something that already could happen now does happen. Uh...sometimes. Like, it's not really probability manipulation, I don't think, but it can make...people...luckier...? Wait, but how is that not probability manipulation?" The more she tried to explain it the more she kinda wondered if she was completely misinterpreting her instincts, or something. She felt that there was a power in her voice, an ability to change the world around her with her words. But maybe she was just taking the whole power word thing and building it up in her head to be bigger than it actually was? Like...the more she tried to talk about it the more it started to seem like she wasn't actually making anything happen differently. The fact that she still hadn't managed to come up with a way to show it off didn't exactly help...

"...I can speak power words. They're really loud and make stuff go boom! I just didn't want to make anything here go boom, so I went with the illusions instead." That was an exciting power, right?

--

"A-and badass! Slightly creepy but definitely also badass!" Heather reiterated, blushing a bit. She hadn't meant to like call him out on his Blessing or anything. Awkward.

...Of course, a few moments later he demonstrated that yep, it wasn't an arbitrarily conjured weapon of blood, but was evidently made from his own blood. How was that not creepy? Sometimes Heather felt like she didn't understand Karl at all...

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

"I...huh. I don't...think so? Or like...maybe in principle but not in practice? It's...I'm not entirely clear on where the limits are, other than that they definitely exist. And that I can't conjure bananas."

"I don't think it really...makes stuff happen. It's more subtle than that. Tweaks things so that something that already could happen now does happen. Uh...sometimes. Like, it's not really probability manipulation, I don't think, but it can...make...people...luckier...? Wait, but how is that not probability manipulation?" The more she tried to explain it the more she kinda wondered if she was completely misinterpreting her instincts, or something. She felt that there was a power in her voice, an ability to change the world around her with her words. But maybe she was just taking the whole power word thing and building it up in her head to be bigger than it actually was? Like...the more she tried to talk about it the more it started to seem like she wasn't actually making anything happen differently. The fact that she still hadn't managed to come up with a way to show it off didn't exactly help...

"...I can speak power words. They're really loud and make stuff go boom! I just didn't want to make anything here go boom, so I went with the illusions instead." That was an exciting power, right?

--

"A-and badass! Slightly creepy but definitely also badass!" Heather reiterated, blushing a bit. She hadn't meant to like call him out on his Blessing or anything. Awkward.

...Of course, a few moments later he demonstrated that yep, it wasn't an arbitrarily conjured weapon of blood, but was evidently made from his own blood. How was that not creepy? Sometimes Heather felt like she didn't understand Karl at all...