Flight of the Kessel

8605aba0f141478083fb4450e2e9d476.jpg.8b45d09e027364c9d512506d86df2d56.jpg

Moxi Rei'Wen
Female, Neutral Good Gremlin, Alchemist (Construct Rider) 4

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'
Init: +4 | CMD: 14 | FCMD: 10 |Bombs 5/10

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Looking at the dwarven engineer as he chucks the vans wheels Moxi considers. "Kaboom boom? Hmm, That's less then ideal. I kind expect that's how I would go out one way or another...though, HEY, why not...instead of boom boom the ship instead have like....well, stupid Watchtower regulates these...I HATE THEM SO MUCH!!! Sigh, but being military you guys might be able to have access so. Why not have teleportation traps that send people who don't have a permissive signature to a holding cell or even an area with another trap rune that incinerates them there?" Moxi offers, not entirely sure how much the armed forces might be regulated on magic as well. It's a good idea to her, but it comes down to if those bonehead corruptible mages would allow such a thing for military tactics. So very blind if they don't. They are an international group after all so allowing such magic might be considered too much support for one nation over another. Nah. They're just power hungry snobs with a god complex. Look at us, we control all the magics. We can't allow anyone to have these powers...grrr. She then thinks to herself

AC: 17, HP: 40/40 SVS Fort: 4, Ref: 7, Wis: 2,

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

ON-mount-Ebon_Dwarven_Wolf.jpg.dfc42ce4526ef78cf95a198d56fc4ac7.jpg

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Adhesive Spittle Bombers Eye

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

5108efeb6649445fafcc4c5a635e259d.jpegTeleportation outside of the long distance travel provided by the Church is restricted by the Watchtower. Its a means to prevent all sorts of global government destabilization. Or whatever the spiel is.

Midas shrugged.

Assassins popping in and out all lickity-split. But nay, even the military here aint special enough for any sort of teleportation traps. I mean doesnt stop people from still tryin' but it does limit the access. I mean this war may have been over a long time ago if one side had teleportation.

He tapped his belt of tools.

But look at it this way. The fact that magic is restricted has pushed all of us to try and make a life that provides the same results without it. If we all fell back on magic, we probably wouldnt have some of the marvels we do like steam cycles or this little platform right here.

As Midas mentioned the platform it finally came to rest and connected with the mechanized arms at the cargo bay to hold it in place.

Ya want to pull your bus on inside. Got my boys there to help get you situated. I'll head back and get your friends... Dire-horse.

He chuckled a bit.

Moxi Rei'Wen

AC/TAC/FFAC: 18/15/14 | HP: 40/40 TEMP HP: 0 NON LETHAL: 05 | S/D/C/I/W/C: -2/+4/+2/+4/+1/-1 | F/R/W: +6/+8/+2 | Move: 30'

SKILLS: Appraise: +11, Craft (Alchemy) +15, Disable Device: +11, Knowledge (Arcana): 11, (Engineering): 11, (Nature): 11, Perception: +8, Ride: +15, Stealth: +12

Moxie nodded, though she still didn't care for the Watch tower. "Still, connected sigils are "Not" as bad because they only go to one location instead of where you want. The idea of creating the technology to push past the those smug...grr. Still dematerialization of a form is a long way off. Let alone putting those pieces back together safely. Hmmm." Moxi considers this as she puts the van into gear and drives forward, being directed to where she'll park it for the time being. "Maybe it will be one of my famous discoveries, who knows." Moxi smiles as she clears the platform.

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

5108efeb6649445fafcc4c5a635e259d.jpeg

As Moxi went to settle the van into place with the other ships crew, Midas would lower the platform back down to the rest of the group. He'd look to Xio with a bit of a smile.

Aye, Miss. Your beastie fella' is next. Whenever your ready. I'll take it slow just to make sure it doesnt confuse 'em. He might be the toughest warhorse, but if he'd aint never flown before it still enough to give him a spook.

Midas readjusted the controls on the platform. Boss was big, but he wasnt nearly as heavy as the bus was. Having it life off with the same counterbalance could send them all toppling over.

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

"Eh, getting spooked is fun. Makes the heart beat faster. I laugh when I'm scared." Dame pauses, and for a moment it's as if she's second guessing whether anyone was actually interested in her somewhat related facts about herself. "I mean, I also laugh when I'm happy, and sad, and sometimes when I'm angry too. So... yeah." No, her pause was just realizing to clarify that just because she laughed didn't necessarily mean she was also scared.

"Hey Xi, if your horse takes to flying, maybe Moxi can fix 'em up with wings or like tiny engines on his hooves or however that works."

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

XiomaraVitellus.png.c02778faa61a8ff9bdcd7fca0f7a89ec.pngXiomara Vitellus

AC: 18 | HP: 52/52 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +4, Will: +5

Passive: Perception: 15

Xiomara nods at Midas and leads Boss onto the platform. This is a little risky: Boss has never done this before. She's unsure how he would react. When they're settled in the center of the platform, she strokes his head and looks him over.

"Alright, Boss, we're doing something new," she says firmly. "The ground is gonna move, but we're okay. Just stay calm and everything will be alright. "

She hears Dame's remark about putting wings on Boss and smiles, turning around to look at the gunslinger. "Well, that would certainly be interesting. If the Boss is alright with it, then I am, too."

She places a reassuring hand on Boss's neck, then turns to look at Midas. "Ready when you are."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Midas nodded and looked over to Rackahm.

Get 'em back in a jiffy.

The dwarf adjusted the controls and the platform gave a hiss and slowly lifted off the ground again. A gently turn of the dial and the jade crystal glowed again. The platform rose slowly into the ground. Boss almost seemed bored with the concept of the thing moving rather than scared or even jus confused. The horse snorted a bit and just seemed to shrug.

A moment or two later the platform would find itself up next to the ship and locked in to allow Boss and Xio to step off and into the cargo hold. Moxi's van was almost secured already. Having straps around all the wheels keeping it very much in place and unlikely to shift at all should the ship start to sway or rock.

Alright, there big fella' almost done.

He glanced over to Xio.

Probably put him on the opposite side. Just for safety. Dont see the wagon comin' loose, but dont need to give a reason for something to cramp the fella either.

"Yeah, he does like his space," Xiomara replies. She eyes the straps securing the van as she starts walking Boss to the other side of the cargo hold. "And how will you be securing my horse? He behaves himself for the most part, but I'm sure he'd appreciate at least a cozy corner to rest in."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Rackham already has hay and feed comin in. Should be here in the next hour or so. We got some slings ready that we can use too. Like riding in a hammock if we gotta worry about the weather getting a bit windy and rockin the ship.

He motioned over to the area that had been set up.

I admit I aint the most knowledgeable with transportin' horses. So I'm treatin' a bit like transportin a steam-jack. Just a bit more gentle-like.

Xiomara looks to the area Midas mentions and leads Boss to it. It's sparse, but it'll do. She pulls some feed from one of the saddlebags and places it on the ground for Boss to eat.

"I'll likely be down here with him most of the time. If anything goes bad, I'll handle it." She sets Boss up as best she can, then gives him a final pat on the neck. "Be back soon."

Xi nods at Midas and begins walking back the way they came. "Let's head back to Rackham."

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

Moxi Rei'Wen

As the lift made it's way back up, Moxi was working with the crew to secure her van in a manner that will put the least strain on the wheels there corresponding parts. She turned and waved enthusiastically to Xio, turning to walk over then stopping turning back towards her van then stopping again a few more times as she then raises her finger in the "One moment" sign. Moxi makes sure everything is finalized before finally making her way over.

"Hey hey, What did you think of the lift up. Was Boss a good sport about it? I hope he's alright for the night." Turning towards Midas a moment. "Quite a few gearheads up in the crew. Looking forward to picking their brains about different things. Oh! I should see if the guild has some regent's I can pick up before we head out. Might be a good time to try some new things out."

Combat

Free Action: 

Swift Action:

Standard Action: 

Move Action: 

Extracts and Prep

Level 1 Extracts

Level 2 Extracts

Level 3 Extracts

Level 4 Extracts

Level 5 Extracts

Level 6 Extracts

Crafters fortune

Comprehend Languages

Cure Light Wounds

Shield

Skim

Monkey Fish

Cure Moderate Wounds

1. Shield
  2. Adhesive Spittle
  3. Pending
  1. Cure Moderate

Xiomara sees Moxi's enthusiastic wave and stops walking with Midas. A hint of a smile appears as the gremlin woman starts towards her, then moves back towards the van, and repeats the process a few times.

'Easily distracted. Brilliant but unfocused mind. I'll have to keep an eye on that.'

When Moxi finally makes it over to her, she expects the explosion of questions and chatter but they still surprise her.

"Boss is fine, but I'll be back later to make sure he's properly set up." And gods help the crew if he's not. Boss is the one stable thing she has in her life. She'll take no.risks with his safety or comfort.

Xi gestures towards the exit. "Shall we?"

She begins walking before Moxi or Midas have a chance to respond.

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action:

As the group leaves the barracks area, the afternoon is coming to a close. Before long the end of the day would be approaching. With the sun setting and the tankards are filled, members of the guild Persona Non Grata trickle in, their faces weary from a day's work but alight with anticipation for the night's festivities. The air is thick with the scent of ale and roasted meats, tempting the senses and luring in patrons from the bustling streets outside.

Bards on the stage tune their guitars and ready their drums, preparing to play to the crowd with lively tunes that set feet tapping and hearts racing. The rhythm of the music blends with the stomping of feet and the roar of conversation, creating a symphony of revelry that seems to reverberate through the very walls of the guild hall.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

In the midst of it all, the guild members let loose, shedding the burdens of their daily lives and embracing the freedom of the night. They dance on tables, their movements wild and carefree, and raise their voices in song, their melodies blending together in a joyful cacophony.

As the hours slip away and the fire dims to embers, the revelry shows no signs of slowing. Tankards are drained and refilled, and the tales grow taller with each telling. In this moment, time seems to stand still, and for that fleeting moment, the worries of the world outside are forgotten in a haze of camaraderie and merriment.

The morning dawn, be it a bit too bright for still partly inebriated eyes, however would see the Drujba setting back the military barracks to board the Kessel.

spacer.pngDame Crow - Character Sheet

AC: 16 | HP: 48/48 | TEMP HP: 0 | Move: 30'| Passive Perception: 16

Init: +6 | SAVES: Fortitude: +8, Reflex: +8, Will: +3

General Feats: Great Fortitude, Gunsmithing, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Deadly Aim

Gunslinger Feats: Grit, Lucky

Grit: 0/4 | Deeds: Deadeye, Gunslinger's Dodge, Focused Aim, Gunslinger's Initiative, Pistol Whip, Utility Shot

Dame is in her element. Drinking, partying, she blends right in. It turns out she doesn't feel she needs to be the center of attention, doesn't try to one up everyone. No, it's more that her state of normal is like many others wait until there's a raucous celebration. There's a few things the others pick up on. She's a tease, but not a flirt. As in, she's happy to make raunchy comments, but shuts it down pretty fast when someone starts acting serious. She enjoys people's company, seems more herself than in fight. She likes to tease all people, throwing playing jabs here and there, willing to take it in return.

Of her own goals, they're simply enough. For one, she wants a rematch with the Rotgut, and will sneak away when she gets a minute to do so. For two, she tries to scope out any other potential matches for the other Drujba. Even if they're not interested in romance or flings now, could always try again later after they get back. For three, she's interested to hear how well the other new team did, see if they're proper rival material or not. She's also convinced, or at least claims to be convinced, that Reska is likely to start a Dame fan club, and that poor Chaucer fell in love at first sight and doesn't know what he's gotten himself into.

Of course, she also wants to get to know Moxi, Xi, and Zaer better. She doesn't ask personal questions, and more to get a sense of their likes and dislikes.

And the next morning, she's up and refreshed early. In fact, she acts as if she had a full night's rest even though the hours don't add up. She seems attentive regardless of the amount of liquor she drank, which was a lot. It was a lot. Not to mention none of the others have seen her actually eat anything yet. It's beginning to feel like there's some sort of trick she has.

OOC

Movement: -

Action: -

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

The night's revelries are of little interest to Xiomara, outside of the information she may gather. She takes the time to introduce herself to other members, inquire about the performance of the other new group, and avoids Reska and Brett as much as possible. No need to repeat last night's embarrassing series of events. She nurses two ales throughout the night, never drinking enough to get buzzed but enough to look like she's fitting in with the revelers.

Throughout the night, she keeps a close eye on her Drujba. Dame's penchant for drinking is especially concerning, but she seems to handle it much better than Xiomara's father. Moxi and Zaer require less of her attention, but she still keeps an eye on them. It would be unprofessional for them to show up on their first day of work less a person or hungover as hell.

The next morning, Xiomara is up bright and early with Dame. She's a little surprised at the woman's constitution, considering how much she drank the night before. But then, Dame is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. There's no way she'll be figured out in a day or two. Xi snacks on a sloppily thrown-together sandwich of pork sausage, eggs, and cheese as they make their way to the barracks. She's not looking forward to re-entering the military compound, but what choice does she have? It must be done.

Between bites, she says, "Anyone got any fun stories from last night?"

OOC

Free Action:

Swift Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Full Action: