The Docks (OOC Thread)

So, first, I can see Legion taking Pup under his "wing" and trying to teach her how to be a Shadow Runner.

Second, am I reading this right and that we have two Street Samurai, a Shaman/spellcaster and a Rigger?

Just to be clear, Legion prefers to send in his drones on jobs and he stays safe in his van or someplace nearby to control them. However on occasions he has physically gone on the mission when necessary.

So while folks discuss pregame stuff, possible character relationships, and such; Our first run will be acquiring your base of operations and boat to operate from, and I'll probably have the introductory IC thread up in a while, hopefully tomorrow, setting up your meeting with the Johnson for this run. This will be a short, introductory run mostly built around a single setpiece, and will hopefully work out any kinks in the team and serve as a good first run for members who haven't met each other yet.

And yes, team comp is two street sams, a spellcaster, and a rigger.

I've discussed the issue of connection a bit with @NewSheo on Discord. If I'm honest, I'd prefer Llorona to be connection, as she and Pup shares the hatred for Aztechnology. It would make the most sense for Pup's contact Allyria to connect Lloronoa and Pup through some third party.

It looks like Lloronoa is the only one with any social skills to speak of. Pup has the charisma, but is completely lacking in skills.

@Kuri_kun Blockade looks like a complete combat monster! Very glad to have him on our side and not have to face him.

@Draidden Legion brings drones for fun and profit, something that is absolutely appreciated.

As for what Pup brings to the group:

• Great perception, including astral and by scent.
  • Illusions! She can for example use her Trid Phantasm and make us all look like security guards and a dog, or just hide someone with Improved Illusion. A dice pool of 17 should give me a pretty good chance of success too.
  • In a combat scenario, Chaotic World to reduce enemies' dice pools by up to 7. Just make sure you don't walk into it yourself. Might be an issue if Blockade insists on going melee. Also the occasional Stunbolt to get someone out of the way.
  • Some utility in Levitate, which can be used for flying.
  • Limited healing. On unaltered people, great healing, but when used on heavily cybered people a -5 penalty reduces the dice pool from 13 to 8.
  • Spirits, if Llorona is okay with it.

We have one significant hole in our team; no decker/technomancer, which is a problem. But hey, what can possibly go wrong?

By the way, Pup is less of a newborn chick and more of an egg when it comes to shadowrunning. In other words, she is completely clueless and will need some instruction. She is not stupid, and will catch on quickly, not least since I as a player am pretty seasoned.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, Ayeba said:

Spirits, if Llorona is okay with it.

@saithor This actually brings up a good point. Would an ally summoning a spirit cause a Flashback roll, or could I potentially argue for the trigger to only be an OPFOR mage, given the cause (specifically, an Aztechology mage summoning a spirit that broke her squad during the Battle of Bogota)?

To be clear Blockade isnt a rigger and not really a street sam either. Im not sure he fits in any of the typical archetypes but yes he is a big boy combat monster. I added a love of vehicles and motorcycles with a background in gang life because I wanted him to be more interesting then just a character that smashes stuff. Dont get me wrong though, hes smashes stuff and he does it well

So Blockade desires to be a Rigger? I say this because he has no rigger equipment. This is cool. Once they get to know each other Luke, aka Legion would be happy to teach him some basics and help him get setup with his first Rigger drone or vehicle.

I was looking over my sheet and it is missing the Rigger Control Console, I know I bought one. Will have to look into that. Without that he can't control his drones or vehicles remotely.

Okay, I fixed that little goof. Had to get rid of my duplicate drones and buy one of the cheaper Rigger Control Consoles, but hopefully this game will run long enough that he can gain some money and replace them.

I also have him owning his own boat. As we are going to acquiring one to use as our base of operations, would it be more beneficial to the group for me to take the money I put into the boat and use it for a better console and maybe a couple more drones? And would that be allowed?

2 hours ago, Kuri_kun said:

To be clear Blockade isnt a rigger and not really a street sam either. Im not sure he fits in any of the typical archetypes but yes he is a big boy combat monster. I added a love of vehicles and motorcycles with a background in gang life because I wanted him to be more interesting then just a character that smashes stuff. Dont get me wrong though, hes smashes stuff and he does it well

He's definitely not a street samurai. In 3rd edition of Shadowrun, there was a title for street grown fighters who were tough as nails, but I'll be darned if I can remember it.

Doesn't matter. He's big, he's mean to others, and he's on our side. Looking forward to getting to know him.

2 hours ago, Draidden said:

So Blockade desires to be a Rigger? I say this because he has no rigger equipment. This is cool. Once they get to know each other Luke, aka Legion would be happy to teach him some basics and help him get setup with his first Rigger drone or vehicle.

Ignore this. I misread that as "is" a rigger so my bad.

To be clear I wasnt planning to have Blockade get into rigging but neither am I opposed to the idea. Hes very much a motorcycle and cars enthusiast, a guy whos really into biker culture. He even has some skill points in maintenance/repair but rigging could be an unplanned but interesting development. I think for me personally it would be a big change since I know almost nothing about rigging. Blockade is the first time Im not playing a full blown Decker. Mostly because I wanted to do something different. I played with the idea of making him an adept but I just couldnt make it work how I wanted it to plus I was adamant that I was playing a troll

No problem. Legion is a skilled mechanic, so he and Blockade can bond over that.

I am going to go look at trading in the boat and seeing what I can come up with to replace it.

I do have one question. I am not finding very much on water based drones. Are there some in one of the books and if so which book?