Edit History

Trigun

Trigun

Theodor walked out of the Traveling Man, having just enjoyed a breakfast of some hot soup and bread. Now he was simply walking down Old Korvosa, following an admittedly flimsy lead, mostly that Gaedren Lamm operates in the area. "It's the only lead I've got. Well, it's like baba always said. After bad luck comes good fortune, and after good fortune comes bad luck." The young Varisian said to himself, careful to avoid his old haunts, especially his old home, where his family is. He had just returned to Old Korvosa yesterday after having spent weeks in South Shore, having hoped that the area would be prime with info on whoever took his baby sister from them. It had been hard for Theodor, since he did not have much experience outside Old Korvosa when he began his search. But his footwork and dancing skills were enough to get him room and board during the first few months.

The young Varisian was shaken out of his revelry as he felt something land on his right shoulder and looked over to see a pigeon resting there. On the bird's left leg was a tied up letter. "Hello, what's this? Is Desna smiling on me? And a Harrow card too. I haven't seen one in years. Not since... " He shook his head out of his reverie, and read the letter. "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. I am picking a party to weed him out! Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

"Wait a minute. The card is in perfect shape." Theodor noticed, looking at the Harrow card again and noticed it was the Cricket. Most people would think it was a coincidence. But he was born and raised Varisian, not to mention a devout follower of Desna, the Song of Spheres herself. Those who used the Harrow can read fate when sufficiently trained. The young Varisian had avoided it, his parents having taught him that only the gods should deal with fate. But he did remember another saying of his baba's. "There are such things as false truths and honest lies. Maybe it's time I visited a Harrower. I sure could use some guidance." As he walked away, he suddenly smelled something disgusting and smelly. Looking over his shoulder, Theodor found the pigeon gone, after having used him as a public loo.

Standing outside the house at 3 Lancet Street, Theodor gave a quick look around. The outside seemed empty of people, yet having grown up in Old Korvosa, he knew that wasn't the case. Still, he took a step forward and knocked on the door. It suddenly opened as if a breeze blew it for him and the young Varisian walked into the house. The smell that came to him was fragrant, nostalgic of the times he visited his aunts and uncles, letting himself momentarily drift into memories of his childhood, around his family, happier times. Yet he couldn't linger in the smells from the incense burners, not if he wasn't the only one to arrive here.

Opening his eyes, he scanned around the room, noticing the tapestries hanging from the walls. The figures on the tapestries, the young Varisian believed were the depictions from the Harrow cards. The room itself look sparse with only a wooden table covered in a bright red cloth, tall-backed chairs which he had seen used by Harrowers before and a basket concealed by a blue cloth tucked beneath the table. The vibrant rugs underfoot added a touch of warmth to the otherwise mysterious atmosphere, which simply brought a smile to his face. Theodor was also aware that there were others in the room, having arrived as a low rumble from a short haired man spoke.

"Greetings stranger, from a stranger! It seems Gaedren Lamm has finally overdone his villainy and brought upon himself some comeuppance. That said, apologies doamnelor si domnilor, who sent our invitations? May I hazard a guess that each of you received a Harrow card? For it is a card from a Harrow deck which I was given as well. The Cricket chirps and bounces around after all." He said in a long introduction ending with a simple question of if the others had received a Harrow card and what it was.

Trigun

Trigun

Theodor walked out of the Traveling Man, having just enjoyed a breakfast of some hot soup and bread. Now he was simply walking down Old Korvosa, following an admittedly flimsy lead, mostly that Gaedren Lamm operates in the area. "It's the only lead I've got. Well, it's like baba always said. After bad luck comes good fortune, and after good fortune comes bad luck." The young Varisian said to himself, careful to avoid his old haunts, especially his old home, where his family is. He had just returned to Old Korvosa yesterday after having spent weeks in South Shore, having hoped that the area would be prime with info on whoever took his baby sister from them. It had been hard for Theodor, since he did not have much experience outside Old Korvosa when he began his search. But his footwork and dancing skills were enough to get him room and board during the first few months.

The young Varisian was shaken out of his revelry as he felt something land on his right shoulder and looked over to see a pigeon resting there. On the bird's left leg was a tied up letter. "Hello, what's this? Is Desna smiling on me? And a Harrow card too. I haven't seen one in years. Not since... " He shook his head out of his reverie, and read the letter. "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. I am picking a party to weed him out! Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

"Wait a minute. The card is in perfect shape." Theodor noticed, looking at the Harrow card again and noticed it was the Cricket. Most people would think it was a coincidence. But he was born and raised Varisian, not to mention a devout follower of Desna, the Song of Spheres herself. Those who used the Harrow can read fate when sufficiently trained. The young Varisian had avoided it, his parents having taught him that only the gods should deal with fate. But he did remember another saying of his baba's. "There are such things as false truths and honest lies. Maybe it's time I visited a Harrower. I sure could use some guidance."

Standing outside the house at 3 Lancet Street, Theodor gave a quick look around. The outside seemed empty of people, yet having grown up in Old Korvosa, he knew that wasn't the case. Still, he took a step forward and knocked on the door. It suddenly opened as if a breeze blew it for him and the young Varisian walked into the house. The smell that came to him was fragrant, nostalgic of the times he visited his aunts and uncles, letting himself momentarily drift into memories of his childhood, around his family, happier times. Yet he couldn't linger in the smells from the incense burners, not if he wasn't the only one to arrive here.

Opening his eyes, he scanned around the room, noticing the tapestries hanging from the walls. The figures on the tapestries, the young Varisian believed were the depictions from the Harrow cards. The room itself look sparse with only a wooden table covered in a bright red cloth, tall-backed chairs which he had seen used by Harrowers before and a basket concealed by a blue cloth tucked beneath the table. The vibrant rugs underfoot added a touch of warmth to the otherwise mysterious atmosphere, which simply brought a smile to his face. Theodor was also aware that there were others in the room, having arrived as a low rumble from a short haired man spoke.

"Greetings stranger, from a stranger! It seems Gaedren Lamm has finally overdone his villainy and brought upon himself some comeuppance. That said, apologies doamnelor si domnilor, who sent our invitations? May I hazard a guess that each of you received a Harrow card? For it is a card from a Harrow deck which I was given as well. The Cricket chirps and bounces around after all." He said in a long introduction ending with a simple question of if the others had received a Harrow card and what it was.