Ayeba

Ayeba

Question

Portrait of Question, Automaton DivinerAutomaton wizard (diviner) 5
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 15 (Mage Armor) | HP: 32/32 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 10
SS 1st 3/4, 2nd 3/3 3rd 2/2 | Spell Attack: +8 | Spell DC: 16
Portent Rolls: 13, 14 | Accelerated Healing 1/1 | Inspiration: 1/1

Question stood still as a statue for more than a minute, staring into the pass. The only hints of movement were the two crystals on her chest, constantly pulsing. Each one followed its own rhythm and intensity, and also varied over time. A careful observer might notice that they were more animated than usual.

They were, in fact, working hard to balance the internal mana versus the ambient levels. Only through careful balance would her chaotic energies remain dormant. It was usually not an issue, but the current ley line disruptions were providing more of a challenge than normal.

Fortunately, the mana balancers took up minimum processing time. The rest of its capacity was dedicated to comparing visually observable information to the relevant entries in its database. It was running multi-thread, working on several leads at the same time. One thread was searching through the historical archives. Another was analyzing the safety and integrity of the path ahead. A third one was was dedicated to analyzing the current ley line disruptions. Comparatively little resources was spent keeping track of the surroundings in other aspects, making her rather oblivious to any ongoing conversations. The task of keeping track of low-priority information was assigned to her familiar, a raven perched on a nearby stone.

As the separate processes finished, more computing time was spent on the other until they were all completed. With no prior warning, she turned towards the others. "Informative statement: There is currently a 93% chance of lay line disruption. Advisory: Caution is advised when employing magic."

She stood still again, her glowing eyes staring unflinchingly at the others, while the previously recorded dialogue was played back from her familiar to her mind. Then it moved, making a curtsy with very staccato movements. It looked similar to the way a marionette would be forced to greet by its puppeteer.

"Prerecorded statement: I am happy to make your acquaintance, sir/lady/entry... Willowveil."

It turned to the others, making a similarly awkward curtsy.

"Introductory statement: This automaton uses the designation Question. Its purpose is to find information related to its origins. Any relevant information offered will aid in the current research process. If requested, this unit may employ some of its resources to enable the second level communication protocols. This unit will attempt to answer clarifying inquiries."

Even while talking, it did not move any muscle apart from its mouth, not even blinking. Once it was done, it once again stood still as a statue save for the lights from its eyes and crystals.

OOC

Rolls, and when to make them.

I'd like to make a History (+7) check on the Balvonians, an Arcana (+7) or Survival (+3) check on the ley line disruption, and a Survival (+3) check on the integrity of the path ahead; to see if there are any risk of rock slides and the like.

When I GM, I don't like when players roll without getting my clearance first. I don't want the players to roll when there is obvious information or a trivial test (automatic success) and when they have no chance of success at all (automatic failures). No, it doesn't matter that you rolled a 29 on your Persuasion check, the king still won't give you his throne.

I don't know your GMing style, so please tell me if you'd rather prefer that I roll or ask first.

Ayeba

Ayeba

Question

Question stood still as a statue for more than a minute, staring into the pass. The only hints of movement were the two crystals on her chest, constantly pulsing. Each one followed its own rhythm and intensity, and also varied over time. A careful observer might notice that they were more animated than usual.

They were, in fact, working hard to balance the internal mana versus the ambient levels. Only through careful balance would her chaotic energies remain dormant. It was usually not an issue, but the current ley line disruptions were providing more of a challenge than normal.

Fortunately, the mana balancers took up minimum processing time. The rest of its capacity was dedicated to comparing visually observable information to the relevant entries in its database. It was running multi-thread, working on several leads at the same time. One thread was searching through the historical archives. Another was analyzing the safety and integrity of the path ahead. A third one was was dedicated to analyzing the current ley line disruptions. Comparatively little resources was spent keeping track of the surroundings in other aspects, making her rather oblivious to any ongoing conversations. The task of keeping track of low-priority information was assigned to her familiar, a raven perched on a nearby stone.

As the separate processes finished, more computing time was spent on the other until they were all completed. With no prior warning, she turned towards the others. "Informative statement: There is currently a 93% chance of lay line disruption. Advisory: Caution is advised when employing magic."

She stood still again, her glowing eyes staring unflinchingly at the others, while the previously recorded dialogue was played back from her familiar to her mind. Then it moved, making a curtsy with very staccato movements. It looked similar to the way a marionette would be forced to greet by its puppeteer.

"Prerecorded statement: I am happy to make your acquaintance, sir/lady/entry... Willowveil."

"Introductory statement: This automaton uses the designation Question. Its purpose is to find information related to its origins. Any relevant information offered will aid in the current research process. If requested, this unit may employ some of its resources to enable the second level communication protocols. This unit will attempt to answer clarifying inquiries."

Even while talking, it did not move any muscle apart from its mouth, not even blinking. Once it was done, it once again stood still as a statue save for the lights from its eyes and crystals.

OOC

I'd like to make a History (+7) check on the Balvonians, an Arcana (+7) or Survival (+3) check on the ley line disruption, and a Survival (+3) check on the integrity of the path ahead; to see if there are any risk of rock slides and the like.

When I GM, I don't like when players roll without getting my clearance first. I don't want the players to roll when there is obvious information (automatic success) and when they have no chance of success (automatic failures). No, it doesn't matter that you rolled a 29 on your Persuasion check, the king still won't give you his throne.

I don't know your GMing style, so please tell me if you'd rather prefer that I roll or ask first.

Ayeba

Ayeba

Question

"Statement: I am happy to make your acquaintance, sir/lady/entry Willowveil."

OOC

When I GM, I don't like when players roll without getting my clearance first. I don't want the players to roll when there is obvious information (automatic success) and when they have no chance of success (automatic failures). No, it doesn't matter that you rolled a 29 on your Persuasion check, the king still won't give you his throne.

Ayeba

Ayeba

Question

Portent Rolls: - | Accelerated Healing 1/1 | Inspiration: 1/1

"Statement: I am happy to make your acquaintance, sir/lady/entry Willowveil."

OOC