Run 1: We're on a boat!

Pup portraitPup, Fox shapeshifter

Bod 3 Agi 3 Rea 5 Str 1 Wil 5 Log 2 Int 7 Cha 6 Edg 2 Mag 7
Limits, Mental 6 Physical Social 8
Damage, Physical 0/10 Stun 0/11
Perception, Astral 12 Scent 15 Visual 11 Audio 14 (can hear Ultrasonic)

There were some people nearby, but two of them stood out as walking towards them rather than just being somewhere in the vicinity. She studied their auras as they approached. Both of them had icky parts inside them... but not as much as her mistress, so that was probably fine.

As they got closer, she took in their scents. Without getting closer, it was hard to tell them exactly apart; their scents blended together. It didn't help that both of them seemed to smell that oily thing two-legs used on machines. As much as she wanted to head over to them and sniff all over them, she recalled what happened earlier. She didn't want to get smacked on the nose by a stranger again.

The big guy seemed friendly. She wagged her tail at him and wanted to get closer, but waited until her mistress gave her permission.

The other one seemed... fine? With his face being all hidden and no other impression, she couldn't really get a feeling of him. She watched Isadora's reaction to see how she felt about him.

OOC

Rolling Assensing for each of them to see how much she discovers.
Rolling Blockade's resistance to the illusion. He, too, resists the spell and sees their real appearance. Got to weave a better illusion next time.

Are any of you on any drugs? She'll be able to tell.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)
Name
Assensing Blockade
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 5,2,4,5,5,1,3,6,4,3,3,6
Assensing Legion
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 6,5,4,3,1,3,6,1,6,6,1,4
Blockade resist illusion
success(6d6,5,above,no,no) 5,4,6,4,1,6

Pup's examination of the physical and astral around doesn't reveal too much out of the ordinary. A few water spirits talk of the new boats, including a rather large one that recently docked. The pier you are on, within view but much less busy, doesn't reveal anything of the ordinary. The two employees at the little corner coffee your mysterious contact has invited you to enjoy a meal at seem normal, and are talking about a recent delivery when you listen in on them.

Blockade stood there for a moment paying each one a moment of respect as he looked over them. "An elf, an orc, and a purple fox" he thought as the message popped up on his comlink. He opened the message within his AR overlay and read it before reaching up with his right hand setting on the top of his helmet before pulling it off and hanging it on his belt by the chin strap. Beneath it he had a large black bushy beard and large canines that protruded upwards along his cheeks. His different colored eyes look around before pointing to the nearby corner cafe mentioned. "Seems like our client is buying. Lets grab a bite. We can talk while we wait." he suggests in an inviting tone, beginning to walk toward the cafe, figuring they would follow behind him.

Legion.jpeg.8540b69831eee1030aa3df66a7f889d5.jpeg

Luke Books, aka LEGION

roadmaster.jpg.da740115b6b35a27ee0b49c9b7836481.jpgBod: 5 | Agi: 2(3) | Rea: 6 | Str: 3(5) | Wil: 3 | Log: 4 | Int: 4 | Cha: 2 | Edg: 1

Limits: Physical: 7 | Mental: 5 | Social: 4 | Astral: 5
Damage: Physical 0/13 | Stun 0/10

Initiative: 10 +1d6 | Rigger Initiative: 10 +1d6

Matrix AR: 10 +1d6 | Matrix Cold: 4 + DP +3d6 | Matrix Hot: 4 + DP + 3d6Speedboat.jpg.641eb8b6d2a7e4d583bdcb97400bf292.jpg

Black not white->

Seeing the message come in and inviting them to a meal he sighs. So much for his wanting to keep the helmet on until he knows them better. As the big troll takes off his helmet, Luke does the same and tucks it under his arm as he follows the big guy to the diner.

Once they are all seated at the table he glances around at everyone, raising his eyebrows at the fox/dog.

So, either of you two have a name, or do I just make something up?

When the waiter or waitress comes he will order up a nice big steak meal.

LloronaDryad Street Samurai

Bod 3 Agi 7(9) Rea 4(6) Str 4 Wil 3 Log 2 Int 4 Cha 5 Edg 1
Limits, Mental 4 Physical 6 Social 7
Damage, Physical 0/10 Stun 0/10

Initiative 10+3d6

Kamikaze+Narco: Bod +2, Agi +2, Str +3, Wil +2, Physical Limit +2, High Pain Threshold 3, +2d6 initiative dice

image.png.38b2a4dcde3e941d258696ae708c42be.png.a4b7495b776c8d40ad8d523fa48d0ce6.png

The punk woman appraises the two approaching her. Llorona looks at the message from the client, before glancing back at the two, an ork and a troll. Seems like this is the rest of the team. "Pup, I think we can trust them for now. We're going to head to that place that smells of food. If you could drop the illusion, please?" The punk's cropped hair gives way to long, almost waist length black tresses, while her features morph from a Caucasian human to a Latina elf, who stands about six and a half feet tall. Green tattoos peek out from the arms of her jacket sleeves, while one in particular is displayed prominently across her chest. As the dyrad moves, there's a hint of bulk beneath the jacket, suggesting a holster of some sort. She has a winning smile on her face as she speaks to the two, with a slight Amazonian lilt to her otherwise fluent English. "Apologies for the smoke and mirrors, but better to be cautious, right?"

Once seated at the table, dryad snorts at the Ork's question. "I'm Llorona, and this ..." She gestures over to the oddly-colored fox. "... is Pup." Llorona takes in the Blockade's obvious armament, as well as the biker leathers and motorcycle helmet of Legion. "Seeing as we're presumably going to be working together, I feel like it would be good know what we all bring to the table." Not much subtlety here, though given it's Miami, that might be a plus. Ugh ... that's going to take some getting used to. She raises her scarred eyebrow. "I think I've got a pretty good idea but well ... I've been surprised before."

Edited by NewSheo (see edit history)

Food, free of charge? Pup is elated. She dutifully stays beside Isadora as they walk to the the establishment. Once they sit down, she takes the opportunity to get a closer sniff at the two other people. When her nose touches Blockade's leg, she makes a mental connection to him. All of a sudden, a steady stream of impressions is shared between Pup, Blockade and Llorona. Pup uses the opportunity to mentally lick Blockade's face, a novel experience for most people.

She doesn't completely trust the orc yet. He is probably not bad, but his scent and aura don't give her enough reason to trust him. Blockade, on the other hand, has the faint but recent scent of a child on him, and there is still a lingering hint of joy, which is enough to give him the benefit of doubt.

Once that is done, she leaps up on the seat beside her mistress. Unless someone tells her that she's not allowed to, she's happy that she gets to sit with the others.

When Isadora introduces them, she gives a small bark at the mention of her name.

"I can do magic," she shares across the mental link, "And talk to spirits. Fox is my friend. Who is your friend? The little one?"

OOC

Casting Mindnet, Extended force 3 on Blockade and Llorona. Buying hits for both spellcasting and drain. Unfortunately I only have Focused Concentration 2, so I can't focus on all three without taking dice pool penalties, not to mention possible drain. I want to spend the first karma I earn to get another level of Focused Concentration to communicate with all three at the same time.

As the fox moves close to smell him Blockade's hand moves down, running gently over the top of Pups head and all the way down her back. Comparitivly his hands were huge and pup might be able to lay down in just one of them. Yet the motion was done just one time and its gentle and deliberate as he looks across the table at the other woman. At hearing the voice in his head hes taken aback for a moment, surprised that the source of the magic he noticed earlier was the fox and not the woman.

For a moment he wonders how to answer those questions, already pup had revealed something he didnt want revealed in this shadowrunning life. He was doing this vor Vorrka so he could live a better life then Blockade had. "The little one..." he begins as he looks in pups eyes, trying to fake a smile though there was a bit of anxiety in his voice. "The little one you smelt is my son. Hes not part of this and its best you forget him while were on the job."

He looks across the table at Llorona for a moment "My talents are everything you see. Im good at smashing stuff, and people. Im a bit of a gearhead too. I always liked choppers and old vehicles." he says as he looks over at Legion. "Seems I might not the only one. Saw your drone when I was driving up. Nice hardware. Rigger, Decker, something in between?" he asks before looking back across the table "and you, are you bot magic or do you have different talents?"

Pup senses Blockade's protectiveness. It makes sense that he wants to protect his offspring, yet it does not deter the fox.

"How about after the job?" she asks, "Can I meet the little one then? He'll be happy if we bring treats, right?"

She sends the emotional equivalent of puppy eyes over the mental link.

Luke Books, aka LEGION

roadmaster.jpg.da740115b6b35a27ee0b49c9b7836481.jpgBod: 5 | Agi: 2(3) | Rea: 6 | Str: 3(5) | Wil: 3 | Log: 4 | Int: 4 | Cha: 2 | Edg: 1

Matrix AR: 10 +1d6 | Matrix Cold: 4 + DP +3d6 | Matrix Hot: 4 + DP + 3d6Speedboat.jpg.641eb8b6d2a7e4d583bdcb97400bf292.jpg

Black not white->

Luke sits back and watches as the little fox sniffs away at him and the big troll. He is a little confused when Blockade starts talking to the fox as if she had just asked a question. He notes that Blockade has a son and respects that he does not want to share any more info than that. This juts adds to his original assessment that that was no ordinary dog.

I am a Rigger. I prefer to let my drones do most of the work. I use them to keep an eye out for trouble and I got a few that can provide fire support if needed. Once we figure out what this job is we can go into more detail as to what all my drones and I can do.

So the big guy smashes stuff, I'm a Rigger, what specialties do you and your pup bring to the party?

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

LloronaDryad Street Samurai

Bod 3 Agi 7(9) Rea 4(6) Str 4 Wil 3 Log 2 Int 4 Cha 5 Edg 1
Limits, Mental 4 Physical 6 Social 7
Damage, Physical 0/10 Stun 0/10

Initiative 10+3d6

Kamikaze+Narco: Bod +2, Agi +2, Str +3, Wil +2, Physical Limit +2, High Pain Threshold 3, +2d6 initiative dice

The dryad watches as Pup does her usual greeting with the two. She also notes that Pup makes a connection with Blockade, and not Legion, grimacing a bit as the fox shifter brought up Blockade's son. They'd need to have a talk about boundaries ... and there's the puppy eyes, she thought with a wry smile. He's doomed.

She couldn't fault Pup's eagerness, given she hadn't had many companions the dryad knew about, beyond Llorona herself and the spirits the fox played with. Llorona sent a thought to Pup alone. "Pup, is something wrong with Legion? You didn't link with him..." She didn't sense any worry from Pup through the link, but the dryad wanted to be sure there weren't going to be any surprises.

She looked between Blockade - muscle - and Legion - rigger - as her attention returned to the conversation, the gears in her mind already turning on how to make the would-be team work. "Pup's awakened, as you might expect. Spells, mostly illusion stuff, and spirits." Llorona quashed the apprehension at that last word down before it could show, her outward demeanor remaining professional. "As for me, well ... I bring hand-to-hand combat expertise, marksmanship, a pretty face, and a decently polished silver tongue." Llorona chuckles. "The latter's probably not enough to get someone to give up their Just4Fans account password, but it should be enough to get someone to look the other way more often than not." She turns to Blockade. "And to answer your question, Blockade, despite the ink, I'm not an adept. Entirely mundane."

Pups push made him a little more uncomfortable but he was starting to get the feeling that Pup had little understanding of normal social ques. Blockade wasnt the smartest man in the room but he knew people. He usually had a good idea when to be nice, and when to use intimidation. With a future companions and a name like Pup shouting out her inexperience he figured this was a time to be nice. "Lets work together for a few months first. Then we can revisit that question." he answers. It wasnt a no, but it also wasnt a yes.

"So it seems were a little combat skewed. Good to know." he says with a firm nod as he calls the waitress over, and makes an order of synth-steak and fries as well as a cup of Soykaf, making sure to ask for a large sized order.

Pup's disappointment could be felt over the mental link. "Months?" she asked in disbelief, "That's... a long time!" 

She hadn't planned to include the last guy, but when her mistress requested it, she quickly relented. If Isadora trusted him, she would as well. She leapt down from her chair, touched the orc's leg and cast the spell to include him as well. There was a burst of pain as the spell kicked in, but it could've been worse. Once she was up on the chair again, she reintroduced herself to the orc as well over the mental link.

"I'm Pup, and I can cast magic and talk to spirits. I live with my mistress. Oh, and I like treats."

And that was all she shared, unless someone asked for more.

OOC

Casting Mindnet at force 3. Buying hits for the spellcasting.

Taking 1 stun damage from the spellcasting.

Name
Resist drain from Mindnet force 3
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 5,4,4,2,4,6,4,2,1,1,2,5

Luke Books, aka LEGION

Black not white->

Luke is caught a bit off guard when the pup touches him and suddenly it's thoughts were running through his head.

Whoa! That's an interesting trick. How does it work? I mean is it only the thoughts I want to send or is it every thought that runs through my head! I don't need nobody reading my mind or such. And who all is listening in on this? And how far can this ability reach? Could be handy, since no one will be able to pick up our comm chatter this way. Unless they use magic, I assume.

Pup mentally wags her tail over the mindnet, which might be a slightly confusing experience for Legion.

"You are share what you want," she explains, "But it's hard not to share it if you're too stressed." 

She proceeded to give Legion and Blockade a short crash course in the use of the mental link by way of demonstration. Various impressions, thoughts, experiences and even sensory inputs were shared with the other three, allowing them to see the world from Pup's perspective. Including quite literally, as the way she saw the world was clearly different from their own. She was always perceiving the astral, meaning all living creatures had an aura around them. In addition, various spiritual beings would pop in and out of the walls from time to time.

She also shared the joy of a good chase, the feeling of biting into something crunchy, smells she liked and getting belly rubs from Isadora. Both Legion and Blockade figured out pretty quickly how to block out or at least dull impressions they weren't a fan of.

"I don't think anyone can listen in," she said, "I mean, maybe? I don't know. But someone with magic could shut down the spell. Or you just go too far away. About two city blocks should do it."

OOC

Range: 210m at the current force rating. But the rules are a bit fuzzy. Is that 210 meters from the spellcaster, or the closest other target of the spell? That is, could it reach 400m with 3 targets where one is standing in the middle? @saithor, got an opinion?

As you all get settled in at the cafe, a car that looks more rust than metal pulls up. It's a wreck, and too conspicuously with how well it moves to a small parking lot. Someone has spent a lot of money to make it look like a piece of trash. It's door sticks until the occupant forces it open, a metahuman too covered in rags to tell if they are dwarf, human, or elf as they make their way over to the cafe. Getting closer, it becomes more apparent they are a male human, who quickly orders a meal in a slurred voice before heading to the corner of the cafe along with an order of crab. After a few moments a new message pops up on your comns

Just arrived. Corner of the cafe. Come over when you are ready.