Edit History

Ryfte

Ryfte

1. What is your experience with Pathfinder 2e?

Answer

Been playing it since it was published and have a subscription to Paizo.

2. What is your experience with PbP?

Answer

Been here on MW for well over a decade and a half along with Enworld, WotC, and other boards over the years.

3. What is your Role-playing Experience (overall, PbP and otherwise)? And, what makes a game "good"?

Answer

I'm one of those old guys here having started with the DnD red box in the late 70's and haven't stopped since then.

The GM is, in my experience almost completely what makes a game "good" in that their ability to create a compelling experience along with their chosen players is at the crux of the game. Granted it hinges on the players doing their part of course but a good GM can turn an awful system into a wonderful experience, lol. "Good" in the sense of what do I look for in a game is really the same thing, involved players and GM that have fun roleplaying their characters. I am frequently not focused on the "roll playing" aspect of a game and more interested in the "role playing" side of things. *shrug*

4. Please link me a couple examples of your Roleplaying here at the Weave (preferred). If no examples, be sure to post an "RP" in the open RP thread (when I get one up) I'd like to see a sample of your game-style writing.

Answer

DESCRIPTION She wears simple clothing that an innkeeper or server in such a place might but in a more layered fashion. Her padded armor actually gives her more mass beneath her clothing and makes her appear to have actual flesh on her bones despite that simply not being true. Functional and with numerous small concealed folds that serve as hidden pockets her priority is more about not standing out in the crowd. She does keep her body wrapped and within her armor to conceal her skeletal self hidden and then wears her clothing over those, always keeping her porcelain mask in place and hood pulled up in settlements.| APPLICATION | SHEETspacer.pngLoreli Certes
Female, Neutral Evil, Skeleton (Compact - Goblin), Kineticist 2

AC: 18 HP: 30/30 S/D/C/I/W/C: 0/+3/+4/+1/+2/+0 F/R/W: +10/+9/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +6
Trained: Acrobatics +7, Athletics +4, Deception +4, Diplomacy +4, Lore: Politics +5, Nature +6, Society +5, Stealth +7, Thievery +7
Untrained: Arcana +1, Crafting +1, Intimidation +0, Medicine +2, Occultism +1, Performance +0, Religion +2, Survival +2

Loreli watched the owl soar quietly through the air to its directed location and then pantomime being wounded as it "struggled" to fly from one branch to another. It was a trick that she would have used, feigning weakness before striking an unguarded and unsuspecting enemy. The fact that Gin's familiar could be so versatile definitely gave her pause as she considered the possible uses.

"You know, even if we could get by them, they would likely be there on the way out." She spoke quietly, barely loud enough for those around her to hear her voice. "It would be safer to simply remove them from the situation if we can lead them to a safe place to do so..." It wasn't a very compassionate suggestion and the balance of good vs. evil actions was something she was keenly aware of considering her recent change in circumstances but the need here was to save someone.

She didn't know anything about these creatures one way or another but knew that there was a prisoner, a hostage if you will, that needed to be rescued. That alone allowed for some leeway if nothing else.

OoC

Summary: ---

Reaction: ---
Action 1: ---
Action 2: ---
Action 3: ---

Impulse (Attack +8 / DC 18)*:
Elemental Blast (Air) (+8; 1d6; 60', electricity or slashing)
Weapon of X (Weapon Infusion: Melee Weapon) +8 • Damage 1d6 bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing • One of: agile, backswing, forceful, reach, or sweep
Bow of the Zephyr Winds (Weapon Infusion: Short Bow) +8 • Damage 1d6 piercing • 50' range increment, propulsive
Bow of the Mountain Gale (Weapon Infusion: Long Bow) +8 • Damage 1d6 piercing • 100' range increment, volley

*Note: An elemental blast (or weapon infusion) that takes 2 actions gains a +4 status bonus to the damage roll. It also can trigger your impulse junction which allows you to take a free half Stride or a Step action for free, either before or after the attack.

I went ahead and copied a sample post out of one of my games. I can grab a bunch more if you need them.

5. Tell me about a couple of your favorite characters you've actually played (in PBP or even in TT) and why you enjoyed those characters so much.

Answer

I've enjoyed virtually all the characters I've played over the years...

I recently, in the past couple years, played a sprite in a PF2e game that I quite enjoyed playing. They were "wished alive" so I got to treat them as not being very emotionally mature and more childlike but allowed for them to mature over time. That and playing with the size differences I always enjoy, being a smaller creature in a larger world and taking advantage of that for RP purposes.

On the flip side I played a large warforged that was an old scrap heap sort of similar to a scaled down "Iron Giant" character that was enjoyable. Having the more martial guardian character and playing that out was fun.

Every character has their fun... ;)

6. Name (do not use the "mention" function) one or more players 'applying' for this game ("Shadows of the City") whom you would like to be accepted 

Answer

I don't really have any preferences here as I simply haven't read through them all. Been rushing to get the character in place in time, heh! :D

Ryfte

Ryfte

Third post incoming...