Siobhan Cassiday, The Spell-Slinger

DoNotFearToTread

Title

spacer.pngSiobhan Cassiday

Spell-Slinging Tech Whiz

Charm +1, Cool 0, Sharp +1, Tough -1, Weird +2

Combat Magic

Stipulations - Consumables, Gestures, Incantations

Bases - Blast (2 harm, magic, close, obvious, loud)

Extras - Fire (+2 Harm, Fire. 10+ prevents spread of flames); Ice (+1 Harm, Restraining)

Moves List

• Arcane Reputation - Pick three big organizations or groups in the supernatural community, which can include some of the more sociable types of monsters. They’ve heard of you and respect your power. With affected humans, take +1 forward when you manipulate them. You may manipulate affected monsters as if they were human, with no bonus.
  • Could've Been Worse - When you miss a use magic roll you can choose one of the following options instead of losing control of the magic:  Fizzle (The preparations and materials for the spell are ruined. You’ll have to start over from scratch with the prep time doubled.) OR This Is Gonna Suck (The effect happens, but you trigger all of the listed glitches but one. You pick the one you avoid.)
  • Forensic Divination - When you successfully investigate a mystery, you may ask “What magic was done here?” as a free extra question.

Gear

Old Revolver (2 harm, close, reload, loud)

Consumables for spell casting

Biography in Brief

Things to expand on...

• Born during the '69 riots in Belfast.
  • Grew up to parents with strong IRA ties.
  • Parents owned a repair shop where she learned to work on machines, mostly audio/visual stuff.
  • Father was versed in the Draoideachta, Irish folk magic, and came from a line of respected practitioners.
  • Escaped the Troubles after her parent's death thanks to connections in various supernatural agencies.
  • Got work for the TV network doing audio mixing, camera work and on-set repairs.

So I had a few thoughts. It seems like Office of Interstate Transport Safety is a smart play here, as they would have likely had some role in her immigration from Ireland and they're a mortal agency which is nice. I also figured the Council of Wizards would be a good faction to have some sway with given that my Luck mechanic introduces them into the game, so probably a faction among them that focuses on solving supernatural crimes? I'm gearing Siobhan in the direction of a Dresden Files style investigator moonlighting as a techie for the show, so a group like that would be a good fit. A group specific to monsters would be a nice finisher here, maybe one consisting of monsters who are trying to stay on the straight-and-narrow but still have ties to that world? The last one is pretty loose, but I'd be interested in applying the 'can manipulate them like they are mortals without the bonus' aspect of the move that way.

I got caught up in some stuff over the weekend that really taxed my time but I should be able to get my background properly fleshed out before the end of the week.