https://i.ibb.co/HXTRQJm/Johan-remove.pngJohan
Gentleman Thief

High Concept: Reformed Thief trying to turn a new Leaf,

Trouble: Old Habits Die Hard

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Notice (+3); Stealth (+3)

Athletics (+2); Deceive (+2); Investigate (+2)

Empathy (+1); Lore (+1); Rapport (+1); Resources (+1)

Johan does not stop, but for a heartbeat he may have slowed down. "I guess I have not been too forthcoming with my past. And I thank you for that." Again there was another crosswalk that they had to wait at.

"I used to work in security, there are not too many places that I am not able to get into." Though dancing around the truth, nothing was really a lie. Johan then reached out and grabbed the arm of a kid about to run out into the street.

The kid spun on him about to yell up unto the point where a taxi zipped by. "Sorry about that," he said to the girl as he released her wrist.

"Yeah, you better" she tried to sound tough, but she was obviously shaken.

Johan then turned to Marina. "Sorry about that. I feel you understand."

OOC

Hide this

image.png.a171c3c2d8be10131f0d02e2c8ff08d6.pngMarina Trevino

Ghost Whisperer

High Concept: Intuitive Ectomantic Forensic Scientist

Trouble: Door's Always Open

Marina gasps as Johan pulls the girl from the street. This whole time he's been very aware of their surroundings, noticing things she didn't. She looks to the girl who's moving away from them, then back to Johan.

"You don't owe me any explanations. I don't need them, really. You are kind, good to us, and very good at what you do. I can trust you. That's all that matters to me."

The signal changes to allow them to cross. She looks both ways before beginning to walk, then casually loops her arm through his. That girl almost being hit shook her up more than she expected.

"Thank you for your help today. It was nice to have you with me, show you a bit of what I can do. Jason and Daemon, they're a bit more obvious in their talents. I tend to fade in the background, which is fine. I prefer that. But there's an art to subtlety, a finesse that they sometimes miss." They reach the other side of the street and she releases his arm. "It's nice to have someone with that same predilection."

OOC

TBD

Posted (edited)

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan was not expecting to have Marina slip her arm into his. He did not release her arm, but also knew that he would need to address this with Jason carefully should it come up. Thankfully it was rather short, ah, good. "Thank you, I appreciate it, I personally would rather run away than fight. Even better is avoiding trouble all together, but sometimes you just can't." He had been very lucky so far. And he had Marina and Jason to thank for that.

They arrived at the 'Masala Lala' and Johan waved at the receptionist. "Rahvi, do you have a booth available?" he asked walking up to give the plump woman behind the podium a great big hug.

"Yoan, good to see you again!" He made small talk with Ravi while she led them over to a booth and left them with menu's promising to drop off water.

"This place is very good and Rahvi likes to treat regulars like family."

OOC

Hide this

Edited by Unkabear (see edit history)

Ghost Whisperer

"Those are the best places," Marina replies with a smile.

She looks down at the menu and the choice becomes immediately clear: aloo gobi. After only a few seconds, she lowers the menu to the table.

"Ready when you are."

She takes a moment to look around the place. It's quaint, cute. A wonder that she and Jason haven't been here before. She'll have to bring him here so they can rank this place on their list of "Best Indian Eats". Hopefully it's good. He'll definitely want to come here after he hears she went with Johan. She would hate to disappoint.

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan waits a moment for a waiter to come to take their order, "Yoan, Bagara Baigan?" he says as he approaches the table. Johan looks a little bashful as he nods back to the man. "Yes Nomi, you know me so very well." And before Johan could even look over to Marina Nomi turns to her with a bright smile.

"And for you, do you need more time or are you ready to order?" he says already removing Johan's menu from him with long practiced movements, all while not taking his eyes off Marina.

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

"I'm ready. The Aloo Gobi, please," Marina replies, handing him her menu.

She looks slyly at Johan as Nomi leaves.

"You're quite the celebrity here, it seems. I'm surprised you didn't order in another language."

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan laughed, "It would seem so. But what it comes down to is that I treat people like people and tip very well. It is a 'magical' combination for excellent service." Johan air quoted the word magical. It was very mundane, a smile and a bill open many doors...

He then leaned back "And to tell you the truth, I do enjoy the reception I receive when I do." he said with a wry smile crossing his face. "But enough about me. How did you come to learn of your...gift?"

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

Marina giggles when Johan admits to enjoying the attention somewhat. When he asks about her, she shrugs lightly.

"I mean, I've always had it. When I look back on my childhood, it's kinda hard for me to distinguish between actual people and ghosts sometimes. Once I figured out that it was actually ghosts that I was seeing, that was a little freaky. It did explain some of the things I saw, though." She takes a sip of her water, not going into further detail. "Best I can tell, it comes from my dad's side. My aunt, his sister, helped me figure it out a little bit. Hooked me up with a guardian spirit. Everything just kind of rolled forward from there." 

She crosses her legs and sets the sunglasses on the table. "Did you know your parents had anything going on with them or was it a secret?"

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan nodded, he understood, but his was different, "Thank you," he said as water was dropped off at their table, he pulled out a thin leather case from his jacket and pulled out a metal straw that he slipped into the water. "It was a very open secret in our family. There was much training and meditation and whatnot. Long before we were instructed on how to cast the transformation spell there was discipline and instruction." On their family, thievery, the White Council, and the many powers that be that they would contract with and often work for.

"What I do is not inherent or inherited. But it is a legacy of the family. Instead of wolves or lions or other predators, my family saw the advantages of ravens. We have learned and perfected one spell, with time it becomes second nature." Johan then took a sip of water to wet his mouth.

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

Marina listens intently, her curiosity piqued.

"If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are the advantages of a raven over all else? I mean, it's pretty obvious what I do, but your abilities are completely new to me."

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan shrugged. "Why flight of course. And that there are ravens all over the world." They are invisible in the darkness of the night, the list keeps going. He sets the glass down on the table. Smells from the kitchen hit them as the door to the back opened briefly as Nomi brought out food for another table. Johan closed his eyes and let the scents roll over him.

"Sorry, many people often look for ways to defend themselves or their families, we found it was better to be able to move around when needed."

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

"I understand that."

Imagine being able to fly away whenever you wanted to go somewhere or avoid something. Marina thinks back on everything she could have done: sought out her father, visited Tití, taken a break, followed Daemon or Jason...the list is endless. The freedom. It must be nice.

"The idea of direct fighting doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't know how well I'd do with all that. But hey, that's what we have Jason for, right? And Daemon, of course."

She takes a sip of her water and looks out the window. People are bustling to and fro on the street. She hasn't seen Daemon for a while now. He wants to stay gone and she gets that, but she still searches for his face in the crowd. She doesn't find it, obviously.

"Definitely more interesting than my powers," she says, returning her gaze to Johan. "Have you ever flown across an ocean? I imagine that's a really tiring trip."

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

"Oh no, the only way I have crossed the ocean is aboard an aircraft, much nicer and there are meals." Johan was enjoying sharing, at the same time, he was weary of providing too much. He would hate to place them in danger, though Jason went out & fought things, there were some players bigger than them all. "Speaking of which," he said as two plates were placed before them. "Ah, obergine, sorry, eggplant, delicious." he said before bowing over his food and offering a short silent prayer before looking back up and waiting for Marina to take the first bite before he did.

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

Marina watches Johan carefully. With his old world charms and manners, he's an interesting figure. Add his clear avoidance and it makes him a very interesting figure. She smiles and takes the first bite of her food.

"Oh my God, that's good! Jason's gonna love this place."

She spends a few minutes happily tasting each part of the dish, rather methodically if Johan were to notice. And maybe with a little too much bread. She looks up after a minute or so and covers her mouth, stifling a giggle.

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

After Marina takes a bite Johan began into the plate before him. As always, it was a small piece of heaven. Most Indian places tended to model themselves after the curry places in London, but this, this was a place that held the traditions of India and was just as good as Marina exclaimed.

"What interested you in forensics?" he said after giving Marina an opportunity to enjoy the food and settle into a comfortable satiation where she could just pick at and enjoy what was on her plate, his own already more than two thirds gone, and the naan down to a single piece.

OOC

Hide this