Lost and Found

Unkabear

image.png.a171c3c2d8be10131f0d02e2c8ff08d6.pngMarina Trevino

Ghost Whisperer

High Concept: Intuitive Ectomantic Forensic Scientist

Trouble: Door's Always Open

Marina daintily dabs the corner of her mouth with her napkin. The food is amazing. She'd feel bad about her silence if Johan hadn't also dug into his meal. He didn't show as much gusto as she did, but to be fair: he's had this several times before. She plays with some of the food on her plate.

"I've always liked puzzles. It seemed like a natural fit." That's only part of the story. Can she really withhold from Johan after he's shown her this wonderful place? She licks her lips and leans back in her chair. "But, really, what pushed me was another of my talents. Sometimes when I touch something, I can see things. Memories, moments in time, things like that. I wanted to do something useful with it, maybe learn to understand it better. Turns out I actually have a talent for that sort of thing, with or without the gift."

OOC

TBD

https://i.ibb.co/HXTRQJm/Johan-remove.pngJohan
Gentleman Thief

High Concept: Reformed Thief trying to turn a new Leaf,

Trouble: Old Habits Die Hard

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Notice (+3); Stealth (+3)

Athletics (+2); Deceive (+2); Investigate (+2)

Empathy (+1); Lore (+1); Rapport (+1); Resources (+1)

Well !@#$, that could certainly be a problem. "Wow, that is fascinating, what kind of things do you see, memories you say?" Johan asked starting his more in depth probe, grabbing the last piece of naan, tearing it in half and using a portion to dab up some of the sauce on his plate.

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

"Something powerful enough to leave an imprint on an item. Kind of like the ghost of a memory." Marina chuckles softly. "Ghosts are my thing, after all. Usually traumatic events: someone's possession holding the memory of their death or some other emotionally strong event. It's rarely anything good."

She follows his lead and dips some of her remaining naan in her dish's sauce.

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Crisis averted. To his knowledge he should not be leaving such impressions, or items with such impressions should not be anywhere near Ohio let alone Cleveland. "That sounds like it could be jarring. You are very strong to be able to handle such an intrusion, let alone dealing with the dead." Johan was not sure how he would be able to handle such a thing. Many of the things that have gone through his hands would certainly have caused him several problems. Items of high value tend to leave a bloody trail behind them.

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

Marina laughs. "'Strong?' I don't know about that. You just either learn to live with it or let it consume you." She pops some naan in her mouth. "I choose to live."

She chews thoughtfully, swallows, and shrugs.

"Things can always be worse, you know? I just try to stay positive. It's very easy to be pulled into darkness and very hard to get out. Thankfully, I've had some wonderful people to help me along the way. I just want to be that for others."

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan shook his head. "Strength is more than muscles and attack. Strength is also the willpower to do something, to keep going, to choose to live!" He poked the table with each point.

"Do not underestimate your own strength." he said finally pointing back to Marina.

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

Marina is momentarily surprised by Johan's fervor, but overcomes it quickly. She hasn't seen him be anything other than calm and composed. This was an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

"Thank you, Johan. I needed that reminder. Sometimes we're too close to see the truth." She smiles somewhat sadly. "I get the sense that you speak from experience?"

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan shrugs. "Sometimes strength is knowing you are in over your head and knowing when to run away." he picks up his glass of water and sips from his straw. "And sometimes you can find strength in friends."

OOC

Hide this

Ghost Whisperer

"And when you run away with all of your friends? Super strength." She stretches in her chair, a satisfied expression on her face. "This was incredible, Johan. Thank you. May I at least leave the tip?"

OOC

TBD

Gentleman Thief

Skills

Skills

Burglary (+4)

Johan smirked, she would not leave enough, but he could slip a bit more under his plate to make up for it. "Sure, I will let you know what the bill is so you can work out what you think is fair." Johan seemingly lived small, but found himself spending more on food and drink than he ever had in his life.

But it was nice to share it.

OOC

Hide this