Back to the start of it all

JasonGlasses.jpg.ea1bb423127dc6c665e5b3fe76d56eae.jpgJason Holloway
Spiritmancer - Detective

High Concept: Cleveland's Fallen Son 

Trouble: Debts Up To His Eyeballs

Jason exhales lightly, as he rested his hands on her hips.

Have I told you in the last half hour how luck I am to have you? I feel like I need to make sure to do that on a regular basis. As for the guilt, well that whole genetic inbred Irish-Catholic guilt thing. Don't think I'll ever be able to fully shake it. Keeps the whole "do what makes you happy" thing in check.

He gave her a half smile, as he looked at how she was positioned.

Shame I didnt go with the parking garage. I could take advantage of this situation so much better.

He slipped his hand down and gave her butt a firm grip.

But I promise I will not rush into any contracts...I'm not going to take on anything that might hurt you, Nero, or anyone that I consider family. That's been a primary stipulation with all of them.

He leaned forward kissed her lightly.

Alright mamichula, so unless we're moving this to the back seat, because I doubt the steering wheel jamming in your back is going to work well as a erotic stimulate, should probably focus on why we came here in the first place.

image.png.a171c3c2d8be10131f0d02e2c8ff08d6.pngMarina Trevino

Ghost Whisperer

High Concept: Intuitive Ectomantic Forensic Scientist

Trouble: Door's Always Open

Marina pulls him back in for another kiss.

"Yeah, I guess we should do some work," she mumbles against his lips before kissing him again. "For the record, though, I wish we didn't have to."

She slides over into the passenger's seat, slings her tote over her shoulder, and steps out of the car. The sunshine feels great on her skin. The crisp, fresh air has a little bit of a bite to it, but it also holds the promise of Spring. Taking a deep breath, she anchors herself in the moment and centers her spirit. She walks around to the driver's side as Jason gets out. With a bright smile, she takes his hand.

"Lead the way."

OOC

TBD

Posted (edited)

Spiritmancer - Detective

Jason took his aviators back out of his pocket and slipped them back on. Exiting Christine he gave her a gentle tap and she locks herself up tight. He turned his attention back towards the street and crossing the street into the city's Asiatown.

It wasnt early morning, so the businesses were now open and alive with activity. A vibrant energy as the morning sun casts its warm glow upon the bustling streets. The aroma of sizzling woks and steaming dumplings filled the air, enticing passersby with promises of flavorful delights. Streets lined with ornate red lanterns and colorful banners create a picturesque scene, inviting exploration and immersion into the rich tapestry of Asian culture.

As the morning progressed, the streets of Asiatown become a lively mosaic of sights and sounds. Local vendors had set up their stalls, proudly displaying a cornucopia of fresh produce, exotic spices, and traditional crafts. The melodic chatter of merchants haggling with customers mixes harmoniously with the occasional clang of pots and pans emanating from the open kitchen windows of bustling restaurants. Locals and visitors alike weave through the vibrant marketplace, their faces animated with anticipation as they sample delicacies and peruse the eclectic array of goods on offer.

As the clock inched closer to lunchtime, the tempo of Asiatown quickened, reaching a crescendo of activity. The aroma of sizzling meats and savory broths becomes more pronounced, signaling the impending lunch rush. Families gather at dim sum parlors, eagerly awaiting their turn to indulge in an array of steamed dumplings and savory treats. Meanwhile, noodle shops and barbecue joints bustle with patrons eager to savor authentic Asian flavors.

He slipped his arm around one of Marina's as they began to maneuver through the streets.

So.. Yeah.. back before I made Detective and was on Patrol. This was part of my regular beat. Spent a lot of time down here.

A merchant came out of one of the stalls trying to offer some jewelry, likely to Marina. Jason smiled and politely waved them off with his free hand.

Nǐ hǎo, bù, dànshì xièxiè nǐ.

He smiled again lightly.

Yěxǔ xià cì

The merchant paused, surprised for a moment at hearing the response in Chinese. Then just nodded and headed off towards their next potential customer.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

Ghost Whisperer

The merchant isn't the only one surprised to hear Jason speak Chinese. Marina looks at him with a big smile.

"Show-off," she teases, squeezing his arm playfully. "How long was this part of your beat? It's so busy. Must've been a little overwhelming."

She moves out of the way of an oblivious person and clings closer to Jason. Crowded places like this were never something she enjoyed. With crowds comes more ghosts. When she was younger, it was more difficult to turn off her abilities. Now that she's a little older, it's easier, but it can still become overwhelming. She sees nothing yet, but then again, she's not looking.

"Is the place on this road?"

OOC

TBD

Spiritmancer - Detective

Jason shrugged lightly.

I'm not going to be translating anything like on Johan's level. But I can hold a fairly decent street level conversation in Mandarin if needed. Picked up a few bits of Korean too, but mostly just for trying to ask a few basic questions.

He looked around the area, reminiscing slightly.

I got this beat right after I was got released from my FTO. Was around here and the surrounding area for...roughly four years I guess.

He pointed down the block with his free hand.

That's the restaurant over there.. Kim's Red Dragon. Alleyway is down a little bit further. Then the laundromat, it has two floors of apartments overtop of it. Apartment had a window that overlooked the alleyway right by where the restaurant had there back door to the dumpsters.

Ghost Whisperer

Marina's eyes follow Jason's hand and frowns.

"Pretty ballsy of them, doing that in the middle of all this." She looks around. "Did you check to see if there were any security cameras that might have caught them? Any witnesses? A gunshot's pretty loud."

OOC

TBD

Spiritmancer - Detective

I mean it was later at night. Middle of the week. Probably has a suppressor. I dont even remember hearing the gun go off. More the glass shattering after it had already ripped through my shoulder.

He shook his head.

No CCTV. Its cheap rent apartments. Barely floats above code. This isnt typically housing for people with...legal means of being here.

Ghost Whisperer

Marina's frown deepens. Of course it wouldn't be that easy.

"Well, let's see what we can find."

She moves closer to Jason and pulls her aviators down over her eyes. The chaos of the street and the energy around them is overwhelming to the senses. Hopefully the building they're heading to is quieter. At this point in her life, she's honed her abilities and gained a large measure of control over them, but environment does matter. If the energy around them is frenetic and there are ghosts nearby, it may complicate her ability to accomplish their goals.

Dreamily, she says, "I need a little time to prepare myself. Can you lead the way, babe?"

Without waiting for a response, she begins preparing. She has no doubt he'll take the lead. Jason has never told her 'no': why would he now? Marina takes a deep breath. She imagines roots sprouting from her feet and burying themselves deep into the earth's core. With each slow inhale, she imagines taking in the earth's healing and stabilizing energy. With each slow exhale, she imagines negative energy leaving and 'stuck' energy loosening. She continues doing this until she feels as though her entire body is filled with the heavy, calm, sturdy energy of the earth. Next, she says a small prayer of protection in her head, calling on Juma to be alert and act as a "bouncer" of sorts for any overeager ghosts who might demand to be heard. Finally, she focuses on establishing boundaries: fortifying her mental protections, setting clear intentions about what she wants to accomplish, and focusing on Jason's energy. By the time they reach the laundromat, she's ready.

OOC

TBD