Fellowship of the First

Zatvair

This world was created by the Gem Heart Golems they built the sky, the mountains, and civilization. They laid the very framework of all the laws of nature.  When their task was complete, they laid themselves to rest. As civilization and people grew, the Gem hearts grew into things of pride for many, The Hearts themselves are made of a very rare and priceless material. The Realms of Men turned much of their Gem Heart into Crowns and rings, the core itself was fashioned into a table, in the center of Centralia, for the Kings seat of power. Some left there Gem Heart completely intact others have sold its pieces to the highest bidder.  or share them among there people. Regardless the Gem Heart's themselves are powerful artifacts.  In a year when the fighting between Man and Orc was at its fiercest one man was able to walk to the western shore, there he found what had been left behind. What he had found A Gem Heart completely intact, somehow unknown to the world he re-ignited the power of the Gods and changed a fundamental law of nature. The Dead serve Numen Zal.

For 500 years when the soul leaves the body and passes on, the dead rise and march to the west. The dead are not violent or dangerous. they will begin moving passively toward the west. Many burn there dead the dwarves bury there's in large heavy tombs. In time when the body decays enough, it will truly be dead. while the dead people rarely make it to Numen Zal. The bugs, the trees, the birds, and animals who expire have arrived at Numen Zal. so, it is no mere rumor when they say even the trees listen for him. 

After 200 years a King of Centralia gathered an army of Men to end the overlord's threat, once and for all. Leading the Army was, Centralia's greatest champion, the golden Knight, a man who was undefeated in combat. wielding a blade made of gem heart Steel.  The army marched with the hope of all, only to return a year later with far fewer men and the tale of the Golden Knights, first loss.

300 years later the Kings of Centralia are still committed to Numen Zal's defeat, but instead they have funded a fellowship of champions to go into the badlands and learn of Numen Zal's plans for the world. The fellowship has been formed for over a year; you have traversed the badlands. In your search for the Overlord's domain. finally, far to the west you have found his domicile 

WIP

Work in Progress

Edited by Zatvair (see edit history)

dain troops along, axe in both hands, and eyes scanning for anything out of the ordinary. "y'know if i were a canny overlord, i woulda set up some kind of scout detail or magical sentries to keep watch on the overlords domicile. what say you?"

vigg and dvali walk alongside him, weapons shouldered and ready. 

"yknow, dwarves of old would set up pressure plates that would rattle a can on a string at a guard post" he says, stalking along "course, thats a ton of work, but its a good defense along with pits and repeating arquebus traps"

using my all that glitters move to detect if there is a trap or ambush

Edited by bramblefoot (see edit history)

These dark lands hold many mysteries, especially dark and dangerous ones, while danger is all around you, you have an experienced orc guide, and have gained a talent for dodging the many patrols and Prescence of the dark lord's forces. You have come here to earn fellowship with the realms of man, they require some proof that the overlord is coming for them. Or for you to return with Centralia's greatest weapon the golden knight's blade. before you left you have a compass that points to the blade's location at all times.  Right now, there is no trap or ambush 
image.png.92199d6060494c7930b2915a18dc567f.png

Edited by Zatvair (see edit history)

Elora shrugs at Dain's comments. "I guess we should be glad he's not a dwarf of old then. Or maybe he doesn't need them. Maybe he's using some hidden defense." Elora squints her eyes as she looks around the area.

OOCwhere are we on the map?

where are we on the map?

For my move: the questions will be:
•What is going on here?What do my senses tell me?
• Is something hidden or out of place? If so what looks suspicious?

Edited by Fallout_Monkey (see edit history)
Name
Look Closely
2d6+0 2,4

"aye that ye should" dain chuckles. "thankfully, the overlord hasn't gotten the secret of gunpowder out of any dwarf, living or dead. we tend to die in captivity and develop selective mutism about dwarven secrets. if'n we didn't, he'd have every dwarven secret out there"

In an effort to be helpful, Cassie raises her Dwarven Rifle and proclaims, "Ya, the Overlord'll have to tear the secrets of gunpower from Dain's dead hands!", giving a proud 'hurrumph' since she knows Dain would never betray his people. 

Looking around, Cassie gives a slight shiver at the possibility of going somewhere that wasn't 100% safe. She knew though that she was in the company of Heroes, and that her job was to make sure that they had everything they needed to save the day!

OOC questionWho is holding the compass? Curious.

Another OOC questionWhat kinds of moves can I do, and how do you roll on this site? I have the book for the apocalyptical version of this game, but I'm not sure if the moves are the same. I also don't have my internet at home yet, and likely won't for a while (very bitter), so I can't look on the discord. 😞

The legend of the Golden Knight
No one knows really knows how it went down rumor has though the Knights father on the day of his son's birth paid a huge sum of monetary wealth to a witch, she delivered the baby and bestowed Apon him a boon that said, he will never fail, in any pursuit he goes after.  As the boy grew, he proved the boon true.  He never lost a battle, fight, any martial contest. When he was sent to go after the Overlord his confidence was brimming, now years later people still gather at the palisade he left from thinking the Golden Knight will ride back returning with the news that the Overlord is defeated.  

Present Day
The Fellowship is making camp in a small cave hidden outside the Overlords dark fortress, the Golden Compass pointing to the Golden Knights sword continues to point ever onward, The Compass is in the hands of a Human, by the name of Sir Hamhock, a veteran of fighting Orc's he is a Centralia Knight, who has been with you all from the beginning of your Trip, Sir Hamhock is the Realm of Man's representative.  He is not a bad fellow, but he makes a point of not talking to Szarka you'd all know Orcs and Humans have been fighting each other for a long time, so there's still a lot of suspicion on both sides.  ( you can do anything you want to Ham hock he is sort of everyone's companion) 

Elora's Senses
Standing Next to Ham Hock is the Halfling Elora, as you quiet the small talk and focus your senses you hear the drip of the cave the fellowship is taking shelter in. The Echo reverberates in your ear, as you follow the sound, focusing your senses, The Cave is a tunnel that goes under.... the Overlords Fortress.  A possible secret passage?

Szarka sniffs the air as she, moves with deliberate caution. Snots, her small Orc companion rides on her shoulder, also looking out for trouble.

For the moment, Szarka is more concerned with making sure that they remain unseen rather than looking for a way in.

"Everything here is an enemy. We will not find any Free Orcs this close to the Fortress. So we kill anything that sees us."

Edited by dunderklumpen (see edit history)

Sir Hamhock grits his teeth before stepping down from the cave mouth, he lets out a whistle to get everyone's attention. He would gather the fellowship around a some what flat stalagmite.  He pulls out the map you have all been making since you arrived. and lays it out.  You all know why we are here, to gather information and return The gold Knights Sword.  Hamhock places a gold piece on the table to represent the party.  We need a plan to assault the castle without one would be madness.  

The way I see it we have maybe 3 options we could go in from above or below, as Hamhock hooks a thumb to the tunnel in the back of the Cave.   Seeing as we have some Orks in our Party perhaps They might know something, that can get us in"  Szarka you'd get the sense of a little resentment
. There are no bad idea's or plans.  Says Hamhock Finally as he looks at the fellowship, seeing as I have the compass right now tell me your plans and Ill  pick one.

Looking around at the others, Cassie mentions, "I'm not sure how well I'll be able to see down there; does anyone have a torch or two?", then goes through her pack, seeing if she remembered to bring anything that might help her see if they were to go someplace dark...

The Tunnel it is lets move.  Says Hamhock  as he gives one resounding nod to his fellows, well have to try and make quick work, I'm sure the overlord will crash down on us once he notices we are in his home.  Hamhock takes a torch from Cassie has her light it and says Follow me, as he heads down the tunnel.  In his head he is thinking  some dwarves,  a young squire and a Halfling vs the might of the overlord. And an orc, maybe.  It matters not, Well win the day and stop him.  
"I know the overlord's armies are vast but I'm sure if we don't give up and travel on we can do this."

Confirming Interest

I'm going to start making my posts about every two days, Im just confirming who is still playing if you are, Lets continue on. At some point well find more players at a good point but lets do this. The story is very free form right now so feel free to write anything you want.  I'am going to maybe do an attack on you guys so we can see combat as well.