Edit History

iantruesilver

iantruesilver

spacer.png

“Well you can do quite a bit with rabbit really. You could kind of almost look at it like… a more gamey version of chicken I suppose. Yes I know it sounds weird, like, they’re not even the same animal, right?” Ameiko began to explain, recalling most of the cooking from memory as she pans the omelette up onto a plate, placing it in front of her sister on the counter, “Keep your pants on Noriko. If you think you can just hook up with some guy and that’ll save you from learning how to cook, you got another thing comin’. I’ll send you to the cathedral with a set of nun’s robes myself.”

“No offence Lars. But really though, the only other real difference when it comes to the meat is that rabbit a bit tougher, especially the leaner parts. So you gotta be careful not to give it too much fast heat.” After thoroughly scolding her sister, Ameiko proceeds back to the stove and starts cranking out another breakfast, repeating the same motion as before. “So you can really do almost anything with it. Roast it, bake it in a pie, braising it for a stew or casserole is always nice, keeps all that moisture in. Make a ragout with it with some tomato…”

“Garlic, sage, rosemary… if you have prunes and whatnot that can also be nice, help tame down the gaminess a little.” Though it seems she might just be prattling on, the tone is actually quite pleasant, as though the girl actually is enjoying the topic of interest…

And then the eureka moment occurred right in front of you, with her stopping mid-stir and the thoughts spilling out of her out loud. “Hey now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen rabbit in some kind of pâté or terrine, what’s stopping me from mincing the meat and frying it in a patty? I could serve it on a thick slice of day old bread to soak up the juices!”

iantruesilver

iantruesilver

spacer.png

“Well you can do quite a bit with rabbit really. You could kind of almost look at it like… a more gamey version of chicken I suppose. Yes I know it sounds weird, like, they’re not even the same animal, right?” Ameiko began to explain, recalling most of the cooking from memory as she pans the omelette up onto a plate, placing it in front of her sister on the counter, “Keep your pants on Noriko. If you think you can just hook up with some guy and that’ll save you from learning how to cook, you got another thing comin’. I’ll send you to the cathedral with a set of nun’s robes myself.”

“No offence Lars. But really though, the only other real difference when it comes to the meat is that rabbit a bit tougher, especially the leaner parts. So you gotta be careful not to give it too much fast heat.” After thoroughly scolding her sister, Ameiko proceeds back to the stove and starts cranking out another breakfast, repeating the same motion as before. “So you can really do almost anything with it. Roast it, bake it in a pie, braising it for a stew or casserole is always nice, keeps all that moisture in. Make a ragout with it with some tomato…”

“Garlic, sage, rosemary… if you have prunes and whatnot that can also be nice, help tame down the gaminess a little.” Though it seems she might just be prattling on, the tone is actually quite pleasant, as though the girl actually is enjoying the topic of interest…

And then the eureka moment occurred right in front of you, with her stopping mid-stir and the thoughts spilling out of her out loud. “Hey now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen rabbit in some kind of pâté or terrine, what’s stopping me from mincing the meat and frying it in a patty? I could serve it on a thick slice of day old bread to soak up the juices!”

iantruesilver

iantruesilver

spacer.png

iantruesilver

iantruesilver

“No offence Lars. But really though, the only other real difference when it comes to the meat is that rabbit a bit tougher, especially the leaner parts. So you gotta be careful not to give it too much heat.” After thoroughly scolding her sister, Ameiko proceeds back to the stove and starts cranking out another breakfast, repeating the same motion as before. “So you can really do almost anything with it. Roast it, bake it in a pie, braising it for a stew or casserole is always nice, keeps all that moisture in. Make a ragout with it with some tomato…”

spacer.png

iantruesilver

iantruesilver

“Well you can do quite a bit with rabbit really. You could kind of almost look at it like… a more gamey version of chicken I suppose. Yes I know it sounds weird, like, they’re not even the same animal, right?” Ameiko began to explain, recalling most of the cooking from memory as she pans the omelette up onto a plate, placing it in front of her sister on the counter, “Keep your pants on Noriko. If you think you can just hook up with some guy and save you from learning how to cook, you got another thing comin’. I’ll send you to the cathedral with a nun’s robes myself.”

“No offence Lars. But really though, the only other real difference when it comes to the meat is that rabbit a bit tougher, especially the leaner parts. So you gotta be careful not to give it too much heat.” After thoroughly scolding her sister, Ameiko proceeds back to the stove and starts cranking out another breakfast, repeating the same motion as before. “So you can really do almost anything with it. Roast it, bake it in a pie, braising it for a stew or casserole is always nice, keeps all that moisture in. Make a ragout with it with some tomato…”

spacer.png

iantruesilver

iantruesilver

“Well you can do quite a bit with rabbit really. You could kind of almost look at it like… a more gamey version of chicken I suppose. Yes I know it sounds weird, like, they’re not even the same animal, right?” Ameiko began to explain, recalling most of the cooking from memory as she pans the omelette up onto a plate, placing it in front of her sister on the counter, “Keep your pants on Noriko. If you think you can just hook up with some guy and save you from learning how to cook, you got another thing comin’. I’ll send you to the cathedral with a nun’s robes myself.”

spacer.png

iantruesilver

iantruesilver

spacer.png