Episode 1 - Unnamed Pilot

tuxagon

The second detective walks over, takes out a pocket-sized steno-pad from his blazer and flips a few pages. He's a little overweight, has a mustache and a combover so thin that only denial would prevent him from just accepting his baldness.

"Owners of the place are Theodore and Margaret Reinholder, which" Without looking up from his notes, he points at the bodies. "are presumably those two. They have three children: Tyler, Miranda, and Courtney. Miranda being the oldest and Tyler being the youngest." He flips the pages closed and replaces it into his inner-blazer pocket.

"Damndest thing I ever seen. That's for damn sure. By the way, I'm Detective Jenkins and my partner over there is Detective Williamson. We were told you'd arrive a little after we did. Williamson thinks this whole TV thing is gonna be a shit show and make our jobs harder, but... you know, makes me a little excited. Believe it or not, I was Mark Antony in high school! Always thought my second career option could be in the movies, but..."

"Jenkins! Stop sucking their dicks and get your ass back over here!" Detective Williamson is staring daggers at the newcomers and Detective Jenkins sighs briefly.

"Let me know if you need anything. Also, if you could only use shots from my left side... I have slightly more hair th--"

"JENKINS!" The detective waves and then walks back toward his partner and they begin chatting about something.

Looks like they won't be of any help, Kapur thinks. Best to get to business and let the results speak for themselves - no point in trying to convince Williamson otherwise. And Jenkins seemed a tad too positive at the mention of being on the show. Making his way back to the others, he'd brief them on what the two detectives ha told them, and suggested that they look around for clues of their own.

"It'll take too long to go through official channels," he said, making sure he wasn't in earshot of any of the police. "Look around, see what we can find."

Name
Investigate a Mystery
2d6+1 1,3

Coming back inside in time to hear Ali's briefing, Tina salutes somewhat imperfectly (possibly even obnoxiously), and walks towards the kitchen and dining area.  She seems to be skirting the walls, as though to avoid going any closer to the corpses than she has to, while simultaneously avoiding even looking in that direction. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting bored in the kitchen, Tina spends more time actually looking around, trying to see what there might be to find.

Investigate a MysteryHold 1. Spend hold to ask,

"What is being concealed here?"

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)
Name
Investigate a Mystery (Sharp)
2d6+1 3,3

As Tina looks around the kitchen, she remarks on the fact that the contents in the refrigerator and cupboards are in disarray. A few eggs are broken due to a container of salsa falling off a higher shelf onto the egg carton. Some of the beer bottles are standing while the others are on their sides. There is one aspect of the kitchen that stands out to Tina more, however. On the counter, some salt spilled onto the counter and it's in the same exact pattern as the family's remains.

Ali, who'd previously attempted to look around the crime scene only to ushered out by forensics, finds himself in the kitchen when Tina points out the salt.

"Definitely," he says, taking a photo of the pattern. "The trick is finding out how. Salt is mostly used as a protection against evil, but I'm not so sure about this. Cassiday, what do you make of this?"