Old timer is back

Svartalf

Well, I'm no newcomer to  MW, but Im back from a prolonged hiatus caused by the fact I was fed up with games that moved at a crawl, I hope I am refreshed and more patient. Those who don't remember my posting around OGMW can know what follows : I'm an old gamer, past 50 and more than 40 of those in the hobby. I like plenty of stuff, but I tend to like fantasy a lot, like I played 4 out of the 5 eds of D&D (Ad&D, 3ed, 4ed, 5ed), I also like stuff like L5R (4e, and certainly not the newer one), Shadowrun 4e (I liked 1-3 but lost some necessary material to play those again, like 4 better for some reasons, and was really disappointed by versions 5 and 6, so I don't have the material for those).

Then again, those are not all I like, I recently discovered in me a liking for the Warhammer 40K roleplaying universe, and am open to much, though I DO prefer games I happen to have the material for, as I like to know the system to a degree, and to be able to make my characters myself.

my main turn off are exceedingly dark games (as defined by ones where the baddies are too strong and you have to scrabble just to survive), White wolf stuff if played in the classic "oh, yeah, you're superhuman and have powers, why did I forget to mention that the rest of the world is even more powerful and exists only to make you miserable?" manner, and CoC and such games where, instead of seeing your character grow and evolve, you see it go down.

I'm open to questions, if I find them too prying, I'll tell you off, but I'm so self centered I'm not sure what people want to know.