First Epoch: OOC discussion

Anthr4xus

I would be inclined to lean in on the idea that nothing has a soul until it is explicitly given one.

Some of the other big concepts that come to mind we are missing are gravity or a means to measure time. I am working on there being an inherent "Starkin cycle" that is roughly equivalent to a "year" just to give some framing for the passage of time.

That's a good idea. You would have to use the create plane action, create portal, and then create a mythic concept, I think. The concept being portal suction.

The portal would be at the center of the shattered world. 

Then we could build a safety net around the portal... and if you fall through that, then that's it. You had your chance.

Edited by The Stranger (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Avaday Daydream said:

By the way, @Kaiju Cuddlebug, I've noticed that Takayaane doesn't seem to be spending any AP? Maybe now there's dragons about, you could use your Power domain to mutate them into fire dragons, lightning dragons, ice dragons...? Or make some of the plants and creatures Veshwoon has made, even bigger? Massive trees with branches that link asteroids together? Fireflies that radiate light and heat to nourish nearby plant life?

I'm still looking for a reason for Takayaane to spend AP. Takayaane has two objectives: 1) protecting the universe's continued existence, and 2) making the universe worth protecting. Takayaane's still searching for means of judging which objective is the priority. Not sure where it'll lead, but looking forward to finding out!

Does this world have to follow real world phenomena/rules.  I have an idea, one that may irritate other gods, but may not, but I think it could be fun regardless.

Can I create a center mass of water in the middle of the shattered world, then it reach out all tendrilly like one of those static orbs to all the significant floating/airborne land bits, creating a spring of water on each that runs from rivers off the edge back down to the center.  This would make for potentially many rainbows.  Also I want the landmasses to move in a pattern that tracks similar to the starkin, and invent astronomy.  I may make Mermaids as a mythical creature or maybe just sentient with a power or artifact in the watercore that can operate the eternal springs.

I'm totally spit balling, so if these ideas are too invasive, I'm happy to collaborate... alternatively could just fill all the gaps with water to create a deep dark ocean, but that's less pretty, I could create the first bit then someone else fill it in, I mean, I could see my goddess creating this ultra radiant overthetop rainbowness explosion on the world, that some of the other gods may just say... "that's a little much, lets tone this down some"

Oh, and idea for the goddess is accumulated divinity by the starkin during their first pass through the cosmos, manifesting turning their once per epoch swirl of lights, divine child of light.  So the dark progenitor, is kinda sorta my grandpa.

I love the visual of millions of cascading waterfalls flowing from the countless masses of the world and the Starkin shine filling the aether with rainbows.  I think that is really cool.

While it is nice and polite of you to ask, I see part of the purpose of the game is to see how we can each build off of and on top of each others creations.  As long as we are all on the same plane, I don't see how we could not.  

Welcome to the game.

It's been discussed elsewhere, but the general consensus has been that if an aspect of reality has not been explicitly created or stated to exist in the initial post then it does not exist.  So currently the reality is masses of elemental chunks and the various gods and their creations moving about in a breathable aetheric atmosphere that fills the bubble universe.  There is no gravity or "attraction of mass", water cycle, or patterned motion of movement (other than the Starkin), so for your waterfall idea to work you will need to make some kind of concept or aspect of the water itself to cause a "falling" effect.

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

I like your version of the 'oceans'. It's more interesting than recreating our existing concept of oceans.

I don't know what you would call it or how you would describe it taking place, but yeah making the water and then making a concept that acts on the water to get it to do what you want sounds like the way to go.

Welcome to the game.

One other thing I noticed; you haven't picked a portfolio. Your Domain is Light, so you're good at all things light. Your portfolio is sort of a specific aspect of light that you are best at (though at the start, it doesn't give any mechanical benefit). At least, that's my understanding of it.

So, you might be Light (Beauty) if you want. Though you might want to save Beauty for your next Domain. Although, I don't see why you can't have Light (Beauty) and Beauty (Something Else), eventually. 

I guess the only reason you would not want that, is that the overlap is a bit redundant, and it narrows down what you are good at. 

Edited by The Stranger (see edit history)