First Epoch: OOC discussion

Anthr4xus

33 minutes ago, Kunakic said:

I just had mine start as a tiny flame before coalescing and coming into being fully. Unnoticed until he enacted his first display of power and creating the beginning of his divine mantle.

Would you like to join the other god's discussion, or would you like to create stuff on your own first? Wondering if I should acknowledge you in Takayaane's conversation with Veshwoon.

Um, just a reminder (on mobile at the moment, BTW); goblins are godlings, not mortals. They’re fragments of the Tolig divinity, making them largely akin to tutelary deities or nature spirits, just given physical form.
It doesn’t really make sense for one to expire, not unless something drained them of spiritual power. Maybe replace the dying goblin with a dying drake or one of Veshwoon or Lux’s creations?

Sorry for my relatively slow posting, and thanks so much for asking my creations to the timeline. 

I manage a bank and we're being audited, and on the family side there's been a rather traumatic passing... So lots going on.

I'll likely very much be wanting to escape into the weave periodically, so I'll still be posting pretty regularly but rl is coming on pretty strong, so I thought it best to set some realistic expectations around my posts likely coming in sputtering busts atm. 

To be clear, mythic and even fabled races like the godkin can die. Especially if they fight each other. Though, I agree that a goblin is not as weak as we might imagine goblins in our world. I think it's reasonable to request a change in this instance. 

Also, things have died or ended before. This wouldn't be the first. It would only be the first to be saved, by being made into a soul. 

Ah, guess I will just change the torn apart goblin with something else. Figured they were mortal given they were called goblins. And they could be killed by being torn apart by something trying to eat them.

Is there currently any sapient mortals?

Edited by Kunakic (see edit history)

No one bothered to create humans or elves yet.

The only non-mythic races so far are the various animals and monsters that began eating each other as they were made by Veshy.

I think there are drakes and dragons that are not quite mythic but a above being animals or monster tier. 

Sorry, but there are two problems with this. 

Godkin are a fabled race. They were made mythic and then Iam infused them with a portion of his own being, 1 of his 2 infusion slots. They are the most powerful base race. He then taught them martial arts.

You can kill off a godkin, but not from ruining away from a beast. 

The second problem is more of an issue. There is no gravity. No falling. 

The godkin were also created to be able to sustain themselves with source energy. So no starving or drowning or dying from sleep deprivation. As long as they can mediate. 

Iam taught them pacifism, too, but there might be those that ignore or defy him.  Especially if they are not living within the godkin city as part of the Theocracy. Iam gave them free will after all. 

My suggestion is to make it a murder. The first murder and the first victim, defying the decree if their creator. A godkin kills and not only that, a godkin kills another godkin. 

Come to think of it, Iam taught them that killing was wrong because they are so powerful and the other races are not as strong, so maybe this murder reasoned that a fight between two godkin would be a fair one. 

You don't have to give motivation for the murderer if you don't want to.

I hope this works for you, and welcome to the game. 

One more thing to note is that all the godkin were created in one location with Iam. They built a city there and that was their starting point.   The rest of the gods are on a giant floating island, being moved by a giant and giant dragons. They are headed to Iam's city 

If you want to it to be a godkin, but then want to go talk to the others, you can place the death somewhere between the city and the moving island. So the death happens, you are created, then you see the moving city approach in the distance. 

Edited by The Stranger (see edit history)

Is the Starting Island still an island though? Or did Lux link it up with a water sphere and a bunch of asteroid bits to make a proper planet of sorts?

I'm home again by the way.

...Actually, thought, though it would probably require a big rewrite; perhaps flame-Tzikic could see a goblin 'die', being tasted by a hungry drake, before the goblin's ghost-like divine essence gathers up the power to manifest a new physical form (so physical destruction>become a ghost>cast resurrection spell on self).

The concept of a 'self' that persists even if their physical shell is destroyed could serve as an inspiration for Tzikic, leading him to bestow a concept of spirit upon all living and/or thinking creatures.

Also, I'm out of AP at the moment, but, @Kunakic, if you want to split off a sub-race of goblins/ogres or even giants to assist Tzikic with afterlife stuff, feel free, serving the gods is their whole job.

Edited by Avaday Daydream (see edit history)

Personally, I think self resurrection is too powerful for just a mythic race. If you are a fabled race with an infusion of divine power then maybe, but then you wouldn't be able to make sub races anymore. 

Alternatively, make magic and spellcasting or an analog of it. Then the goblins could in theory cast resurrection on each other at least. 

Welcome home, by the way. 

We've only lightly talked about gravity, but yeah, we're not thinking about it too hard.

In theory the relationship between mass and gravity does not need to exist in our universe and unless created, does not.

Since the godkin are basically human shaped, they essentially move like the astronauts do in space. They 'climb' along the floor and walls, pushing themselves along as they float. We've only talked about the threat of floating out into space, never to be seen again in passing out of character.

A lot of creatures do fly, and there is a breathable atmosphere that is localized around the planet chunks. This breathable atmosphere does not cling to the planet due to gravity. It was just created there and is not compelled to fill all of empty space like it would in our reality. 

Since this game let's us create the universe, we get to write the rules of physics essentially. Meaning if no one writes anything, there are no rules. This makes things confusing, because certain things can't or shouldn't exist without certain other things and things that exist seem weird to us and their behavior is unexplained, but... well just try to have fun and maybe don't think so hard about it. 

Anyway, I mention the atmosphere because the creatures that do have wings can probably fly and maneuver because of it. It was mentioned that creatures who are flying out into space are probably rescued by those that can fly. Though, I think that right now prevention is the main defense against floating out into space. 

In theory, Iam and the other gods can take any form and have any ability they want. So, they also can rescue creatures that are floating off into space if it happens. So far, no one has mentioned it happening in character. 

A godkin that floats out into space can in theory meditate to sustain themselves as previously mentioned, but they would be unable to move or do much else. 

I also want to mention again that other creatures have died or ended before. As soon as some were created, they began eating each other. However, the godkin were made few and guided closely by Iam who lives among (most) of them. This could be the first godkin to die. 

Edited by The Stranger (see edit history)