Renee Fortune (Wife)

Jonny Fortune (Son)

Friends

Hairstyle

Short and Neat

Valued Possession

Trilby Hat

Enemies

Jacob Threetrees, Government official, caused to lose face in public office. Can use Gov Agency

Affectation

Dark Glasses

Background

Corporate Technicians

Life Goals

Get rid of a bad reputation

ROLE LIFEPATH

Role

Criminal Investigation

Role Decision

Jurisdiction - Corporate zones

Role Decision

Who is gunning for your group: Police Accountability group

Role Decision

Who is your groups major target: Organized Crime

Role Decision

-

ROLE ABILITY DESCRIPTION RANKS
Backup CN: 10 SP: 7 HP:25 Move & Body: 4
  Local Beat Cops: 4 x local beat Cops arrive in 2 compact ground cars. Armament: Heavy Pistols and Kevlar  

WEAPON TYPE WEAPON SKILL SINGLE SHOT DAM MAGAZINE SIZE RATE OF FIRE HANDS REQUIRED CONCEALMENT COST
Heavy Pistol Handgun 4D6 8 2 1 yes 100eb (premium)
Shotgun Shoulder arms 5d6 4 1 2 no 500eb (expensive)
Smoke Grenade x2 Athletics -4 to certain tasks 1 1 1 yes 100eb

ARMOR TYPE ARMOR DESCRIPTION STOPPING POWER ARMOR PENALTY COST
Light Armourjack Kevlar and plastic meshes inserted into the weave of fabric 11 None 100eb (Premium)

CYBERWARE INSTALL DESCRIPTION & DATA COST HUMANITY LOSS

GEAR DESCRIPTION COST
Agent Self adaptive AI powered smartphone (=2 Library search/Wardrobe and Style) 100eb (Premium)
Handcuffs Restraints (req. Body > 10 to break) 50eb Costly
Scrambler/Descrambler Scrambles/Descrambles comms 500eb (Expensive)
Smoke Grenade x2 100eb
Heavy Pistol Ammo x100 100eb
Shotgun Ammo x30 30eb
Flashlight Rechargeable. 100m/yd beam, lasts up to 10 hours on a charge. 20eb

CHIC DESCRIPTION COST
BOTTOM Business Wear Dark Brown suit trousers 500 (expensive)
TOP Business Wear White dress shirt 50eb (Costly)
JACKET Business wear Dark brown suit jacket 500eb (Expensive)
FOOTWEAR Business wear Tactical Boots 500eb (Expensive)
JEWELRY      
MIRRORSHADES Urban Flash Dark Glasses with neon green strip light across top frame 100eb (premium)
GLASSES      
CONTACT LENSES      
HAT      
FASHIONWARE Business wear Charcoal grey Trilby Hat with blue neon downlight in rim 100eb (Expensive)
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      

PERSONALITY

Richard Fortune is a hard-ass detective, gruff, blunt and to the point. He is often moody and usually is staring down at a glass of whiskey with a beer chaser as he finds it keeps him calm in times of need. Not well liked on the force due to his headstrong manner and unorthodox way of dealing with gonks and boostergang members, his boss would like to see him off the books. But he is just a too damn good a detective, gets the job done and does it well. Although, much to the frustrations of his department, he has no qualms about "bending" the laws. Not one to make friends as he believes that if anyone gets too close to you in NC, it will be ones downfall.

Ricky loves his wife and child and will do anything, anything to protect them, within the limits of the law, or not.

Ricky does not like cyberwear and will try and avoid getting implants unless absolutely necessary. He has a disdain for those that become obsessed with it.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:34 AM, TheWorldmaker said:

Tactical APPEARANCE

Generally well groome but often unshavend, Ricky has Short, combed dark brown hair in a side parting, often hidden under his Trilby hat. He is a handsome man with a few scars across his face from the many encounters he has experienced over the years. He wears a long coat beneath which is usually a navy or dark brown suit and combat boots on his feet.

HISTORY

I was just an ordinary kid, born and raised in Harlem, New York just after the turn of the century. I didn't have some rough childhood or fall in with some Boostergang, Rockerboy or some bullahit. Nah, didn't happen like that. I had good folks and was looked after, y'know? Went to school, knocked around with a few buddies and got up to mischief. Just like any brat of the noughties.

Ricky Fortune took a sip of whiskey from his tumbler before pulling out a packet of "Aces" from his breast pocket. Flicking the packet a cigarette popped out and he extracted it from the pack with his mouth. Grabbing his silver paraffin lighter, classic 98' model, he struck the flint and lit the tobacco and took a long draw before exhaling and filling the booth with thick, blue smoke.

So, how d'ya end up in Night City, Rick? the Rookie asked, sipping his synthetic lemon tea.

Ricky sat back in his booth and paused for a moment, swirling his whiskey glass and watching the two cubes of ice spin in the dark liquid.

My folks had a dream. The American dream. Nuclear family. 2.4 children or some whacked idea of paradise. They were corpo's man, so I guess just followed the money. They just picked the wrong side in the end. The detective took another puff on his cigarette, letting the smoke dance slowly towards the ceiling. You want another tea? He asked his partner.

No thanks. Was the money in NC then?

Ricky snapped his fingers at the waitress ordering another large whiskey. I wasn't really old enough to remember, or to be interested. He answered. Truth is, I guess i was sold on the yarn my parents spun me. The newest city in America, yadda yadda. Damn man, i was barely heading into my teens when we got our shitty conapt out here. Ricky looked over the bar room to a wall of screens displaying the latest propaganda from Night City.

Listen choom, he said turning back to his companion. Not long after we moved here, shit went down. I was born in the midst of the second Corp war, so new no different, but the third...I was old enough to understand and it was thrown in our faces every goddamn day. Ma n' Pa ended up fallin' foul of the 2016 Cyber Assault. They had stocks. Shares man. Lost the fucking lot. Within a week, we had nothing and they couldn't even afford to pay the rent... Ricky swore to himself. Desperate times, man.

So all this Corpo, Cyber bullcrap....how on earth did that make you become a cop?

Ricky stared at his partner with a long, icey gaze as he recalled just why he became a man of the law. Listen, Pete. Desperate times make for desperate measures. My Pa lost everything and began to turn to drink. Ma nagging in his earholes daily, and rightfully so. It was his duty to provide, and he wern't. He turned to the dark, got in with a bad crowd, y'know?

Pete nodded in understanding.

He ended up getting involved in a gig of some unknown. A Fixer by the name of Baz Oldham. Long in the turf now though, good fucking riddance. Ricky paused for a moment as he recalled the past. The gig involved some highly illegal profiteering and my old Pa thought he could one up Baz and siphon some 'eddies of the top. As if these guys wouldnt know if a nickel went missing. The whole gig got messy and some other boostergang got in on the action and Baz ended up losing out. Suffice to say, Baz turned out to be the kind of Bag Man you dont **** with. Has Choombas in high places.

Sounds messy. Pete interjected. Ricky nodded and gulped down what remained of his whiskey.

Messy aint the word. Baz called in some Wise Guys from Watson who set this whole case up against me Pa. Raided the hole we were livin' in and iced me Ma. God rest her soul. Me Pa then got rigged for a bust and was tried for her murder. Got sent down and has been doing bird for the last few decades.

And that's what made you want to be a cop? Jeezus Rick!

Yeah kind of. I wanted to bang up these lowlifers. Make 'em pay for what they did. Whack a few on the way, y'know? The streets man, get worse by the day and I just wanna make it better. If not for my Pa, then in the name of me Ma. Rick paused for a moment and stared at the bottom of the whiskey glass. Trouble is... he took a long sip. Bein' a cop just don't pay the bills...

Edited by Drifter One (see edit history)

RICKY FOtoken_1lm.png.91a7496faaf87677239c32425daa7b10.pngRTUNE - LAWMAN

Head Armor: 7 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 0 | HP: 45

INT: 7 | REF: 8 | DEX: 7 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 6 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 7 | MOVE: 6 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 4

Humanity: 40/40 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Heavy Pistol 4D6 | ROF 2 | Hands 1 | Shots (8) | Concealed |

Shotgun 5d6 | ROF 1 | Hands 2 | Shots (4):

Edited by TheWorldmaker (see edit history)

I added one, but to replace it, delete the token attached, upload your own or post the image and then at the end of the code before the close bracket after the image, just post  style="float:left;height:auto;" width="175"

Then just kind of click and drag it in place in the post

Edited by TheWorldmaker (see edit history)