Family

Environment

decaying, once upscale neighborhood

Personality

Friendly and Outgoing

Opinions of People

I stay neutral

Family Crisis

family fled from Japan after run-in with organized crime that killed her mother.

Personal Style

Asia Pop

Valued Person

Hiroito (her father)Owner of a renowned sushi restaurant in Pacifica Playlands. He had to flee Japan after refusing to pay the Yakuza. He isn't particularly old, but the gruesome death of his beloved wife has left him frail and feeble. Masako loves him more than anybody else, and would gladly risk her life for him, but she refuses to take over his restaurant. He has grudgingly accepted her decision, but worries about her dangerous life a lot. (fictitional character)

Friends

Dr. Lee (Medtech)When Masako was banned from many of the fancy venues in Night City, he was the one who got her her first job unlikely job at the Afterlife, as an entertainer for a night. She doesn't know where she stands with him: Is he a second father? A mentor? Anyway, she knows that she is very grateful and that she owes him. (canon character)

Rogue (Solo)Masako hangs out at the Afterlife, and her first performance there wasn't her last - usually she does little tricks for free. Rogue likes to have her around because she lightens the mood, and Masako likes to stay because she feels safe in a solo bar. They are friends, and sometimes friends with benefits. (canon character, canon place)

Hairstyle

Long and straight

Valued Possession

her mother's ring

Enemies

Mr. M (professional rivel)Night City's most favourite magic performer doesn't like Masako's style. Masoko thinks he is envious of her. With his influence, he has dried up her engagements in many of the nicer places in town, so that she now has to work the less attractive venues he doesn't care about. He wants to keep her down and she wants to best him. (fictitional character) 

Carl Storm (Fixer)Carl runs the MetalStorm bar in the Pacifica suburbs with his wife Freya. Masako used to perform there and they were quite chummy, but when Carl sided with her rival, Mr. M, and stopped allowing her to perform at his place, she said some quite unforgivable things about his trustworthiness and fidelity to his wife. He has never forgiven her and she is not welcome there even as a guest. If Carl gets the chance to screw her over, he'll gladly take it. Masako tries to avoid the place, but if she ever has to set foot in there again, you can expect a lot of shouting and swearing with the potential for things to get really ugly. (fictitional character, canon place)

Affectation

Black contacts

Background

her father runs a posh Sushi restaurant in Pacifica

Life Goals

fame and recognition

ROLE LIFEPATH

Role

rockergirl

What kind of a rockergirl are you?

street performer

Are a solo performer?

yes, I like to perform solo

Where do you perform?

Wherever I get the chance to, usually seedy bars

Who is gunning for you

Mr. M, an older media star that feels threatened by my rising fame

ROLE ABILITY DESCRIPTION RANKS
Charismatic Impact  they can influence others by sheer presence of personality  4
 turn into fan  rolling Charismatic Impact + 1d10 vs. a DV8 for a Single Person, DV10 for a Small Group of up to 6, or DV12 for a Huge Group  4
 single person  Rockergirl can convince fan to do a major favor for the Rockergirl; go to bed with the Rockergirl, put a good word in for them, etc.  DV 8
 small group  Convince a group of up to 6 fans to regularly hang out with Rockergirl; provide booze, drugs, or other party favors to the Rockergirl.  DV 10
 large group  Rockergirl has a strong local following; fans buy their recordings and merch.  DV 12
WEAPON TYPE WEAPON SKILL SINGLE SHOT DAM MAGAZINE SIZE RATE OF FIRE HANDS REQUIRED CONCEALMENT COST
 Katana  Melee Weapons  3d6  n/a  2  usually 2  no  100eb
 (Hidden) Knife  Melee Weapons / Athletics (thrown)  1d6  n/a  2  1  yes (Cyberholster)  50eb
 Shuriken  Athletics (Thrown)  1d6  4  2  1  yes (pockets)  4x50eb = 200eb
 1 Smoke Grenade  Athletics (thrown)   -4 to certain tasks  1  1  1  yes (pockets)  50eb
ARMOR TYPE ARMOR DESCRIPTION STOPPING POWER ARMOR PENALTY COST
 Light Armorjack  A combination of Kevlar® and plastic meshes inserted into the weave of the fabric. Makoko's version is black and white Asia Pop style and comes with lots of pockets for her magic tricks.  Body: 11  0  100eb
   no helmet  Head: 0    
CYBERWARE INSTALL DESCRIPTION & DATA COST HUMANITY LOSS
Chemskin  Mall  Makoko  has chosen a rather basic version version that grants her unblemished skin.  A user with Chemskin and Techhair adds +2 to their Personal Grooming Skill for having both. (This bonus only applies once)  100eb  0
 Shift tacts  Mall  Color-changing lenses implanted into the eye. Makoko's version allows her to turn her irises black when she focuses. Only one choice of color and pattern can be made, but the user can deactivate the color change
at any time desired without an Action.
 100eb  0
 Tech hair  Mall  Color-light-emitting artificial hair. Makoko uses her tech hair to create effects with the colors black and white. A user with Chemskin and Techhair adds +2 to their Personal Grooming Skill for having both. (This bonus only applies once.)  100eb  0
 Audiovox  Clinic Vocal synthesizer. User adds +2 to their Acting skill and also adds +2 to their Play Instrument Skill while singing. Multiple installations of this option provide user no additional benefit.  500eb  3
 Contraceptive Implant  Mall  Implant prevents undesired pregnancy.  10eb  0
 Hidden Holster:  Clinic  Holster inside the user's body can store a weapon already capable of concealment so that it can be successfully concealed without a roll. Weapon can be drawn from the hidden holster without an Action, as long as it is implanted in an easily accessible place on the user's body. Makoko has a knife holster in her left arm.  500eb  7

Total:   1310eb  10
GEAR DESCRIPTION COST
Agent  Self-adaptive-AI powered smartphone; that "learns" how best to fit your needs simply by interacting with you. Boni: +2 Library Search and Wardrobe & Style  100eb
Anti-Smog breathing mask  Useful for filtering out toxins and smoke from the local environment. User is immune to the effects of toxic gasses, fumes, and all similar dangers that must be inhaled to affect the user.  20eb
Carryall  Heavy ripstop nylon bags of varying sizes, from messenger to nearly man-sized duffel bags.  20eb
Flashlight  Rechargeable. 100m/yd beam, lasts up to 10 hours on a charge.  20eb
Handcuffs  Book 'em, Danno. Can be broken easily if your BODY is higher than 10.  50eb
Inflatable Bed & Sleep-bag  It's a self-inflating air mattress than comes packed with a thin sleeping bag. The whole thing folds to a 6"x6" package for
easy storage.
 20eb
Memory chips  Thin wafers of doped plastic that store information in all forms. Some of these are larger than others.  10eb
Personal CarePak  Toothpaste-loaded toothbrush, all body wet-wipes, depilatory paste, comb, etc.  20eb
 Pocket Amplifier  About the size of a large book, this rechargeable amplifier delivers sound up to 100m/yd for up to 6 hours. Can support two instruments.  50eb
 Radio Scanner/Music Player  Music player can link to the Data Pool to listen to the hottest music, or play directly from a Memory Chip. User can also
scan all radio bands within a mile that are currently being used and tune into them, though some channels might require a Descrambler to understand.
 50eb
 Street magic gimmicks  playing cards, juggling balls, a little box, plastic rose etc (for magic tricks)  20eb
  CHIC DESCRIPTION COST
BOTTOM  Asia Pop, Generic   black hot-pants, jeans  150eb
TOP  Asia Pop  White button up shirt, black hoodie  40eb
JACKET  Asia Pop  Black and white jacket with many pockets  see armor
FOOTWEAR  Asia Pop, Generic  White overknee boots with (sensible) heels, sneakers  150eb
JEWELRY  generic /personal item  her mother's wedding ring (simple thin gold ring)  free/invaluable
MIRRORSHADES      
GLASSES      
CONTACT LENSES  Asia pop  see cyberware (shift tacts)  
HAT      
FASHIONWARE    see cyberware (Chemskin, Tech hair)  
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      
FASHIONWARE      

PERSONALITY

Magic Masako is her stage personality. It is also who she has become since she has lost access to the big clubs because of the pressure her rival Mr. M has applied. It comforts her to pretend to be the confident person in control of her surroundings that she is on stage. It has also helped her adapt to where she hangs now and to rebuild her fan base. Masako is outgoing and playful, easily opening up to strangers, quick to smile, to amuse and to join a party. She hides behind her little magic tricks, and tries not to make other people's problems into her problems (unless they pay her for it). She feels rather inexperienced in the streets but tries not to show it.

APPEARANCE

Masako loves playing with the colors black and white. She dresses to advertise that she is a street magician. This is not only reflected in her Asian Pop clothes, but includes her contacts, her hair, her skin, and even her toothpaste. She also digs the whole school girl samurai style, which means she mixes high boots with an over-the shoulder katana and some shuriken. Her clothes have many pockets,in which she keeps her little magic trinkets like juggling balls and a deck of cards. She has always used her voice to play around with and depending on her mood, she can sound like a shy girl or like a tough queen of the triads.

HISTORY

You wanna know who I am? Glad, you're asking. I'm Japanese, and proud of it: It's a culture that is both playful and successful. My father is a Sushi cook in Pacifica, but I was born in Fukuoka. We had to leave because my father refused to pay the Yakuza and they firebombed the restaurant and killed my mother. I came here with my father when I was eleven.

I've always been fascinated by acrobatics and magic and since I'm also a lousy cook, I've trained to become a performer since before we left Japan. At first, I performed in my father's restaurant, but I quickly acquired some fame, and I got offers from private corporate clubs. After a while, I attracted the notice of another magic performer, the famous Mr. M. He pressurized the club owners not to let me perform anymore, and the bastards heeded him. My father then urged me to give up performing and help him in the restaurant, but for the first time in my life, I have disobeyed him and moved out. Now I perform in places that are a lot less fancy than where I used to do my magic, but I kind of like the rough challenge this poses. I don't think I'll ever go back to entertaining the suits.

Edited by Gris (see edit history)

Character TokenNAME - ROLE

Magic Makoko - ROCKERGIRL

Head Armor: 0 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 0 | HP: 40

INT: 8 | REF: 5 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 8 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 5 | LUCK: 2 | MOVE: 6 | BODY: 6 | EMP: 5

Humanity: 50 | Wounds: 0 | Critical Injuries: 0 | Addictions: -

Katanaover the sholder holster
3d6 damage
2-handed
ROF 2
Melee total: 14
| Knifehidden in cyberholster (arm)
1d6
1-handed
1d6
Melee/Athletics total: 14
| Shurikenhidden (pockets)