Closed Game  ·  5 members

Cyberpunk Red

Locate & Retrieve

TheWorldmaker

Character TokenLADY KOI (Akari) - FIXER

Head Armor: 11 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 00 | HP: 40

INT: 7 | REF: 6 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 4 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 4/4 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 7/8

Humanity: 73 | Critical Injuries: 0 | Perception: +13 | Evasion: +10

Heavy Handgun | +10 skill | 3d6 damage | 8 standard ammo | 2 RoF |  1 handed | Concealable

"If by 'strapped' you mean armed, then yes I am.  If by that you broke, yes I am also," Lady Koi says with a playful smile.  She moved over to give Ricky room, as it was just the two of them in the back.  For her it was too soon to speculate on what they were looking for, wait and see.  She kept her focus out of the vehicle, keeping an eye out for any approaching trouble.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Name
Perception
1d10+13 10
Critical Die
1d10 8

@mattilald Roll basic tech

The streets are mostly quiet, the Combat Zone isn't the kind of place to come alive at 7am in the morning.  You expect that was the reason you were called up to meet at such an ungodly hour, the element of surprise always helps.  There are people walking with their heads down, uninterested in the nomad wheels you are all now all riding in, but you understand it's best not to advertise.  As Mercedes tinkers with the device, it turns on with a couple of beeps, it's a simple machine, about the size of a USB stick, with a small green light on it that beeps and glows once when it boots up, then stays silent, not registering any target nearby.  You're currently facing south, down Castille, there are a few other cars on the road, and the ones that are around don't seem to be in much better condition than the one you're in, but you can't comment about the smell. 

OOC:  Anyone at any time can choose to roll a skill to do whatever they choose as long as they can give justification as to why that skill would be the one that works, like Local Expert if the character grew up in the Combat Zone or something. 

On 12/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, TheWorldmaker said:

Character Token"BISON" Bradley Conner - Solo-Hired Gun

Head Armor: 12 | Body Armor: 8 | Shield: 10 | HP: 10

INT: 5 | REF: 8 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 3 | COOL: 7 | WILL: 6 | LUCK: 5 | MOVE: 7| BODY: 8 | EMP: 3

Humanity: 38 | Wounds: 80 | Critical Injuries: 0 | Addictions: 0

Heavy PistolDISPLAY CONTENT | Assault RifleDISPLAY CONTENT | Combat KnifeDISPLAY CONTENT | Weapon 4DISPLAY CONTENT

Bradley woke to the sound of his Agent going off.   He cleaned the crud from his eyes and took a look at it.   20 minutes ago..... Christ Bradley, you sleep way to heavy.  Know he would not make the time maybe he could arrive before it was too late.  Needing the eddies he really needed to make it to this gig.    Grabbing his coat and few other items.  He bolted to the door, it was to hard to find a lift at this hour of the morning.     

As the lift approached, he saw a group gathered and smiled to himself as the lift came to a stop.     Getting out from the lift he smiled at the assembled group.

"Let me guess I'm late?"   Not waiting for anyone to say a word he continued.  " Names Bradley, people call me Bison. Anyone want to catch me up on the details?  I would apricate it."    He took the others in to see if he recognized any of them.

Edited by TheWorldmaker (see edit history)

Bell.png.863b1ba64cfde6a7562e617ed7e5a302.pngCharacter TokenTRISTAN "KAT" CAMPBELL - NOMAD

Head Armor: 7 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 0 | HP: 45

INT: 5 | REF: 8 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 7 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 3/3 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 7 | EMP: 3/5

Humanity: 26 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Mustang Arms Mk III | Big Knucks | Brawling | Arasaka Kuma LRV

Lady Koi's response elicits the barest of grins, even as Rose beside him expands on the myriad and many facets of the scav economy.  Dropping the Kuma into gear, Cat checked the blind-spot and the mirrors by reflex before sweeping the LRV onto the street and into the center lane soutbound in a single smooth application of throttle.

"How much lead time you gonna need?" he says it, watching the speedometer.  Speed limits in the NC were . . . suggestions, at best, but too fast or too slow could attract attention or botch the job, so he'd have to goldilocks the needle someplace in between.  At 30 kph it would take what, thirty seconds to cross 250 meters?

"Basic ESSExpanding Square Search has us southbound a block, then east one, then north two, west two, south three, east three - " Cat ticks the increments off on a single hand, the cyber reinforcement of his digits clacking as his fingers count through the permutations.  "Call it half a minute per block.  'Less you wanna start someplace specific and remap from there."

"And as for the job stinkin' - " there's the faintest shrug; maybe it's indifference.  Maybe dismissal.  " - Pastor's payin' out 2K we do this clean.  Figure it's pawnshop rules - for him to make a profit on this whatever the thing's worth we gotta but a fraction of his cut at most.  Call it twenty percent of his sixty.  Puts baseline for this at seventeen to twenty thou. Throw in the tracking gizmo - " another shrug, "For that kinda eddies gettin' frakkin' slotted is par for the course.  No reason for us to be here otherwise."  

OOC

Rolling Driving Land Vehicle just in case - he's not doing any wild maneuvers but as a baseline how relaxed and in control is he on the road?

Name
Drive Land Vehickle [Moto]
explode(1d10,10)+18 6

On 12/3/2022 at 7:50 PM, Drifter One said:

RICKY FOtoken_1lm.png.91a7496faaf87677239c32425daa7b10.pngRTUNE - LAWMAN

INT: 7 | REF: 8 | DEX: 7 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 6 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 7 | MOVE: 6 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 4

Humanity: 40/40 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Heavy Pistol 4D6 | ROF 2 | Hands 1 | Shots (8) | Concealed |

Shotgun 5d6 | ROF 1 | Hands 2 | Shots (4):

Ricky fell silent. The wheelman was right of course, getting slotted was par for the course for that amount of eddies. Trouble was Rick had far too much to do and reparations had to be made; he couldn't do that if he got zero'd. Then again, he'd been working the mean streets of NC for a couple of decades now and he had survived this long.

Despite the near misses. he thought to himself as he mindlessly rubbed an old gunshot wound in his thigh. It still hurt now and then, but he could never tell if it was a phantom pain or if it was real. He could've just gone the route of some of his old pals and got decked out with some chrome replacements, but Ricky hated it. He would never substitute his real body for any robotic nonsense. Despite all the aches and pains of middle age. He pulled out his pistol, a Millitech AP-49 custom. The grip had two entwined silver swans etched on each side. He affectionally called it Renee, after his wife. She had a vicious bite too. Checking it was loaded with a full clip he checked the safety and stowed it away in its holster.

"Yep. Nice and clean. But if those punks come shootin'..." Ricky paused, not bothering to finish his sentence. If his life was in danger, playing the nice guy would not end well. "let's just get this done."

Ricky sat back in his seat and looked out the window. The streets were quiet, but they always concealed something, so he made sure he would keep his detectives eye on his surroundings.

Name
Perception Check
1d10+12 10

"I don't leave home to pick a carton of milk at the store without a gun." Rosalie didn't bother to take out her gunI don't know many speciffice guns from Cyberpunk, what would be a good but boring equivelent of glock 19?. She was too busy working the gps tracker. She had some basic training with firearms, and she put a few bullets down rang weekly, but deep down she wasn't confident on relying on her gin skills to save the day. It's goot that she wasn't wokring alone on this one. "Lead time? Oh tracker you mean, I dunno ten, fifteen max." 

Edited by mattilald (see edit history)
Name
Basic tech: to boost gps tracker range
1d10+7 7

• 3 weeks later...

INT: 7 | REF: 6 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 4 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 4/4 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 7/8

Humanity: 73 | Critical Injuries: 0 | Perception23: +13 | Evasion: +10

Heavy Handgun | +10 skill | 3d6 damage | 8 standard ammo | 2 RoF |  1 handed | Concealable

"So, what do you guys normally do for fun?"  Akari asks as she looks around the neighborhood for any sort of trouble, tails or other interesting activities.

Character TokenMercedes Thomas - Media

INT: 8 | REF: 7 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 7 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 5 | MOVE: 4 | BODY: 3 | EMP: 6

Humanity: 60 | Wounds: 0 | Critical Injuries: 0 | Addictions: 0

Heavy Pistol Belt Holster
Skill: Handgun
Damage: 3d6
Magazine Size: 8
RoF: 2
Hands: 1
| Combat Knife Bayonett
Skill: Melee
Damage: 1d6
| Weapon 3DISPLAY CONTENT | Weapon 4DISPLAY CONTENT

"Fun? Sefiously fun?"

Stress relief is sort of like fun? No? Well shit it's been since before the day she lost everything that she last had fun.

"Concerts and dancing. Not lately tho. Lady Koi, correct? Do we have to keep using the honouriffic? I'll keep saying it if you want it to, but I think it's a couple of sylables too long. Koi would be simpler and faster."

Bell.png.863b1ba64cfde6a7562e617ed7e5a302.png

TRISTAN "KAT" CAMPBELL - NOMAD

INT: 5 | REF: 8 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 7 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 3/3 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 7 | EMP: 3/5

Theres a dry chuckle from the drivers seat as Cat pulls the Kuma into a lazy lefthand turn, cutting north as he squares off yet another leg of their search.  Flicking his gaze up to the rear-view, the nomads eyes seem to smirk at the fixer, sparkling despite their flat-matte VA-surplus irises.

"As an old friend of mine would say, 'when the shit - the heavy shit - hits the fan, what do I gotta shout to get your lanky ass to duck?'" the chuckle returns, a rueful shake of his head. " - lankiness might not apply in your case but if'n things go south and I end up shouting 'Lady!' I'd rather you take it for the warning it is than a dumbass generic catcall, y'know?"

Slotting the LRV into the near lane like a slot car snapping to a track, he reached one hand over and punched the dash: there was a white-noise static hiss as the radio snapped on and then a high pitched dopplering whistle as it scanned the local bands before landing on Pacific Dreams 88.9 at the top of the dial, filling the car with a low, synthy electronica. Glancing at the rear-view and then to the passenger seat he shrugs.  Wasn't quite what you could dance to but was probably more techgrrls vibe.

"Vexelstrom is typically more my speed, but might as well tranquilize given were supposed to play this one chill."

"And to answer the question - " his gaze narrowed, seeming to search out a path through the traffic to the horizon before answering. " - been awhile since fun's been in the equation: between the pack and 'running there ain't much spare.  Bars are always good; and there's and old court near where I throw it in neutral each night - easy enough to scare up a ball and shoot a bit, maybe get a game goin' with some of the less 'psycho boosters." he smirked a bit at that.  Been a few months but he'd wrecked Tabitha on the court last time he'd thrown down: the drinks he'd bought all around after had smoothed it out well enough though.  Then, feeling the wheel in his hands, the familiar rumble of the engine, he shrugged.

"An' there's always maintenance."  Another glance in the rear-view, eye contact in the reflection.

"Any moto that says getting inside an engine and making their girl purr ain't a perk of the job's a liar.  Can't do what we do without being a bit of a gearhead.  Might be less 'fun' than -" he frowned, trying to conjure a feeling into a word, failing.  " - meditation, though."

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

Lady Koi looks at Rosalie with a bit of disbelief, but let's Kat talk before replying to the other woman.  "It's not an honorific, it is part of my name, and in total it is only three syllables,  kind of like 'Ro-sa-lie.'  Don't you think that is a bit long?  Shall we call you 'Lee' and drop the first two syllables of your name?"  She folds her arms and looks out the window again, lost in thought.  She tried not to assume prejudice, but was ready to let it go; after all, she purposefully cultivated a look that urged people to underestimate her.

To clarify: I as a layer am not saying it is prejudice or any such thing, that is just the world she grew up in.  That is her internal thinking also.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)

INT: 8 | REF: 7 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 7 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 5 | MOVE: 4 | BODY: 3 | EMP: 6

| Combat Knife Bayonett

Rosalie was still focused on working the tracker, and keeping focuesd on pings and lack thereof, so she didn't see her look, but she heard it in the voice. "I think Roz makes more sene, but if you prefer Lee, I'm game. Look, if Lady Koi is what you want, I'll abide." 

Bell.png.863b1ba64cfde6a7562e617ed7e5a302.png

TRISTAN "KAT" CAMPBELL - NOMAD

The temperature in the Kuma drops a few degrees, enough that Kat should notice but instead his eyes narrow - unconcerned with the intemperate chill coming coming off the cab and seeping out into the bay and instead focused on some inward thought as he goes through the reflexive motions of driving.

"'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.'" he pulls the quote from some half remembered gen-ed download he'd chipped almost a decade back, addresses it to air. He shrugs once, the motion rolling like a wave and breaking across his elbow and terminating in the shallows of his wrist, vanishing before ever so much as jostling the wheel.

"Makes sense, handles - " Kat doesn't say names, his language pointed and precised even as it drips with the mid-CAS drawl " - are your brand.  And your brand is your business.  But - " he frowns, reaching up to his neck and tweaking it to one side, tension he didn't know he was carrying from the morning making him twitch. " - it speaks without you sayin'.  'Lady' might be part of your handle but it's also a title; puts you one up on whomever.  On a pedestal if they like you, on a target if they don't."

The hand falls with a sigh.  Frak it. Knots it was and was gonna be.  Once this was done and dusted and he'd gotten paid hed spring for a hot shower at one of the worker hostels in the reconstruction zone.

"Sides; you broke the ice, went personal, then when you got treated like a person 'stead of a employer, threw it back in a power play.  If its your handle, it's your handle; no stakes to me but you ain't answered you own question nor given me reason to bother to say duck when we're in the shit.  I get we ain't nothin' but coworkers but Silverhand H. Blackhand, when someone asks what you want for a nickname I'd figure it's cuz they like you."  That thought goes off like a firecracker in his head and he frowns, deeply, and then leans over and mutters to Rosalie sotto voce.

"That was it, right?  Don't mean to derail you gettin' your flirt on but seemed like you were crashing and burning here."

Out of Character

Figure the empathy/human perception roll was high enough to sus out some of the currents in the car, but insufficient to read them correctly so Kat misreads and applies a power dynamic to the situation that likely isn't intended.

The flirting crack is him being a troll, because low EMP gotta low EMP, and if were gonna riff off each other we might as well dial the awkward to 11 . . .

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)
Name
Human Perception
explode(1d10,10)+6 7

"Thank you, and I apologize.  It gets under my skin sometimes, this tendency for shortening names or giving unwanted nicknames," Lady Koi says after Kat says his piece.  "I was merely trying some small talk, so we can get comfortable with each others' presence.  I like to dance, for what it's worth," she adds, sparing a glance for the silent man sitting beside her.

To clarify: I as a layer am not saying it is prejudice or any such thing, that is just the world she grew up in.  That is her internal thinking also.

| Combat Knife Bayonett

Rosalie leaned in and replied in a low voice. "What?No wasn't, but thanks for help anyway." 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to dissrespect. I didn't come to make friends, as a rule I don't do jobs with friends. But I sure as hell, didn't come to make enemies. So, you like to danace, know any good joints, to go to?"

RICKY FOtoken_1lm.png.91a7496faaf87677239c32425daa7b10.pngRTUNE - LAWMAN

INT: 7 | REF: 8 | DEX: 7 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 6 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 7 | MOVE: 6 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 4

Humanity: 40/40 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Heavy Pistol 4D6 | ROF 2 | Hands 1 | Shots (8) | Concealed |

Shotgun 5d6 | ROF 1 | Hands 2 | Shots (4):

What do we do for fun? is she fucking kidding me!?

Ricky felt his blood boil somewhat at this question, either she was naive or completely new to this game, either way, there was no fun to be had in Night City. Ricky just stared out of the window as the Kuma whizzed by, noting secific areas where he had been shot at, involved in a bust or slotted some punk. Every street had a story, and he had been involved in far to many. He often wondered how he was even still alive. Ricky took off his glasses for a moment and used his coat to try and buff out a smear before replacing his dark lenses back on his nose. The glare of the Neon that constantly bounced in ones face around NC often caused him headaches, and the sun glasses gave him some mild relief. Ricky cleared his throat.

"There ain't nothin' fun in NC, kid. This place...it draws you in, chews you up and spits you out on the street. Trust me, i've been around these blocks for many, many years, more than i care to remember. It sucks any fuckin' joy you have right from your very soul. Everyday is a challenge just to get by, earn enough Eddies to pay your bills without getting a fuckin' bullet to the skull. Nah, there ain't no fun. There's just survivin'."

Ricky shuffled in his seat, he flet he had said too much already. He wasn't much of a talker. The conversation soon turned and the others began to argue about what each should be called.

Just use yer damn names! Ricky thought, and decided it was a convo he should check out of.

Edited by Drifter One (see edit history)