Closed Game  ·  5 members

Cyberpunk Red

Locate & Retrieve

TheWorldmaker

Character TokenLADY KOI (Akari) - FIXER

Head Armor: 11 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 00 | HP: 40

INT: 7 | REF: 6 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 4 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 4/4 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 7/8

Humanity: 73 | Critical Injuries: 0 | Perception23: +13 | Evasion: +10

Heavy Handgun | +10 skill | 3d6 damage | 8 standard ammo | 2 RoF |  1 handed | Concealable

"Yes, I know some good underground dance clubs," Lady Koi says in response to Rosalie.  She nods along while Ricky talks, thinking he wasn't entirely wrong about the city, though disagreeing with his point - she had fun, sometimes.  "I will not dispute your experience, Ricky; thankfully, mine has been a little bit different, at least recently," she says instead, respectfully.  She shifts in her seat a bit, leaning more to her left and onto the door/frame as she looks about, staying alert.

To clarify: I as a layer am not saying it is prejudice or any such thing, that is just the world she grew up in.  That is her internal thinking also.

• 2 weeks later...

(I appreciate everyone's patience with this thread over the holiday, and I like the character building, keep that up for sure!)

[Kat: as both a nomad and someone with land vehicle skill on roads that are more quiet than usual, you're all good, as for humanity/empathy against other players, they'll reveal what they feel through rp moreso than me forcing an interaction through a roll]

The roads are still quiet, but as the search through the Combat Zone continues, you begin to notice the inhabitants crawling from wherever they made their beds the night before, as people begin to fill in the spaces in the sidewalk as Night City begins to wake.  The roads, littered with detritus, vehicle wrecks, and the occasional body provides Kat with enough distraction to make sure he keeps one eye on the road as you make your way through the morning gloom on your search.  Road after road, alleyway after alleyway pass as the device stays cold and silent in the hands of Rosalie...

Until a small green light begins to blink slowly, at first, it's a slow heartbeat as the device comes to life.  Blinking once every three seconds, warning that whatever device it's charged with tracking is on the outermost range of it's receiver.  As the car moves smoothly down the street, the light begins to blink rapidly, increasing over the seconds until it begins to beep alongside the blinking.  A full minute after the device woke up, it reaches a crescendo as the light stays on and the beeping becomes a full tone.  As a white SUV passes to the left of you, going in the opposite direction, the device increases in pitch for a single moment, before the reversing the order of noise and sound.  

Character TokenRosalie - Media

INT: 8 | REF: 7 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 7 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 5 | MOVE: 4 | BODY: 3 | EMP: 6

Humanity: 60 | Wounds: 0 | Critical Injuries: 0 | Addictions: 0

Heavy Pistol Belt Holster
Skill: Handgun
Damage: 3d6
Magazine Size: 8
RoF: 2
Hands: 1
| Combat Knife Bayonett
Skill: Melee
Damage: 1d6
| Weapon 3DISPLAY CONTENT | Weapon 4DISPLAY CONTENT

"Well Ricky, most of people need to take a break from the bleak reality of life in NC, to have fun and kepp their sanity. That is not to say, that life in NC is fun, but people need to take a bre...woah slow down, we got contact on the radar." Rosalie was in proces of replying to Ricky when the gps tracker woke up. She directed Kat to get them closer to the package. They were getting closer and closer, tracher was showing they were rign on top of it, while they were next to a white SUV. As it goes the oposite way she shouts. "U-Turn! Do a U-Turn! Package was in that whive SUV, we have to follow it, but we can't bee too agresive, as not to spook them."

Bell.png.863b1ba64cfde6a7562e617ed7e5a302.png

TRISTAN "KAT" CAMPBELL - NOMAD

Head Armor: 7 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 0 | HP: 45

INT: 5 | REF: 8 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 7 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 3/3 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 7 | EMP: 3/5

Humanity: 26 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Mustang Arms Mk III | Big Knucks | Brawling | Arasaka Kuma LRV

"And a U-turn isn't aggressive?"  Kat offers, a laconic drawl belying the intent attention in his eyes as he finds the SUV in the rear-view and tracks it.  He waits for one more car to pass.  Then two.  Then he checks his blinds and pops the turn signal: a uey on a city street was a crathead move, to be sure, but cratheads drove in Night City every day.

The trick was not to stand out.

It's distressingly undramatic - no e-brake turn or squealing of tires.  Cyber eyes never losing the track on the white van his foot lifts from the pedal and their speed drops, a easy brake from thirty kicks per to just shy of twenty and then as the traffic breathes to its own natural rhythm Kat swings the Kuma around, heading upstream and accelerating, rejoining the pulse of the cities blacktop arteries as it carries them closer to their prey.

Out of Character

Ah!  Apologies, I wasnt trying to roll human perception to get more info from one of the fellow PCs, rather I rolled it to see how badly Kat might have misread the situation he was in as a way to guide my response IC.  He's low EMP and given how socially driven PbP games are it's hard to represent that and still have him be an active, talkative participant - so instead I'm rolling in cases where I, as a player, understand the subtext of whats going on but he might not, and using the roll as a writing prompt: (high means he mostly gets it and I responds normally, low means he misses the mark and then tries to cover for it by being snarky, aggressive or aloof.  In this case he didn't grok the subtext and in response opted to troll the other folks in the car with the "wait, were you flirting" gambit.)

Also, trying for the standard 2-cars behind spy-movie tailing position here.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)
Name
Drive Land Vehickle [Moto]
explode(1d10,10)+18 7

RICKY FOtoken_1lm.png.91a7496faaf87677239c32425daa7b10.pngRTUNE - LAWMAN

INT: 7 | REF: 8 | DEX: 7 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 6 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 7 | MOVE: 6 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 4

Humanity: 40/40 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Heavy Pistol 4D6 | ROF 2 | Hands 1 | Shots (8) | Concealed |

Shotgun 5d6 | ROF 1 | Hands 2 | Shots (4):

Ricky was about to retort but then thought better of it, as he felt it wasn't his place to lecture these Pups anyway. They would soon realise that Night City was not a good place to be and certainly not a "fun" environment. Unless ones idea f fun is surviving each day. Now Kat, the driver, was more his kind of guy. He wasn't a talker and seemed to just be a "get the job done" sort. Ricky admired that. Suddenly, the detective found his reverie interrupted.

"woah slow down, we got contact on the radar. U-Turn! Do a U-Turn! Package was in that whive SUV, we have to follow it, but we can't bee too agresive, as not to spook them." Rossalie spat, but Kat did not flinch nor make any drastic maneuvers. Ricky shuffled forward in his seat and his hand went to rest on his pistol.

"Jeezus Christ, calm down! Made me nearly jump out of my threads! Look, Kat is right, lets not panic or draw attention. We will drive up the road a little then smoothly turn around and tail them." Ricky swivelled so he could catch sight of the white SUV out the rear window.

"Right, I think we have two options. We can tail them and see where they are headed. Bare in mind that they could be heading to a lockup, warehouse, or some other such place where they can double the number of gonks. I don't think that would be in our favour. Ricky paused and scratched the stubble on his chin. "Or, we could tail them for a bit and pop the tyres, force them to stop on our terms and then try and klep the goods. I wasn't expecting the target to be mobile, so the sooner we get out mitts on the package, the better. What'dya reckon?"

INT: 7 | REF: 6 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 4 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 4/4 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 7/8

Heavy Handgun | +10 skill | 3d6 damage | 8 standard ammo | 2 RoF |  1 handed | Concealable

Lady Koi also follows the white vehicle, turning in her seat to keep it in sight.  When they make the u-turn she puts on her smart glasses to get ready.  "Does blowing out one of their tires qualify as 'violence' in the Pastor's eyes?"  She asked absently, thinking out loud more than voicing any objection.

To clarify: I as a layer am not saying it is prejudice or any such thing, that is just the world she grew up in.  That is her internal thinking also.

INT: 8 | REF: 7 | DEX: 6 | TECH: 7 | COOL: 8 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 5 | MOVE: 4 | BODY: 3 | EMP: 6

| Combat Knife Bayonett

"What? No ofcourse it isn't." Rosalie balked at the idea.  "Not unless you do it like a maniac. It's a basic effin maneouver like a three point turn and paralel parking. Just turn like someone who made a wong turn and doesen't wanna circle thru half of the neighbourhood. We can't afford to lose them, we won't be able to find them in time with this guck of a scanner." 

She took unhooked her holster cover and pulled out her dull grey Millarms 34, all whitouth looking, she was foccused on the target car. Borring, but thw whole point was not to stand out. If the got famous for her gun, then she was doig something wrong.
Lady Koi asked if shooting tires counted as violence. "As far as I remember, he said without killing. So shooting tires is ok, I have my doubts that four of us wil cow them into submission, with our numbers alone. Decking into their SUV would have been ideal, but none of you are deckers, are ya? I vote we try to block them off without crashing, if that plan fails we can just shoot the tires. "

Out of character

In that picture, the fron of the Kuma's cockpit looks open, so I hassumed it was windy. Hence the excited shouting in the previous shouting.
Also there were several monutes of navigating and giving directions between "woah slow down, we got contact on the radar." and between "U-Turn! Do a U-Turn!" 

Edited by mattilald (see edit history)

INT: 5 | REF: 8 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 7 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 3/3 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 7 | EMP: 3/5

"Anyone here ever actually shoot out a tire?" Kat's head is half cocked, angled so that his eyeline skirts past the vehicles ahead to track the white SUV.  Its not skepticism, just a question.  Or so the indifferent shrug seems to suggest.

"I can jack in, go hands free to take a shot but I'm packing 11mm standard.  Tire might get jacked but no guarantee it'll blow, at least not at these speeds.  Someone's got anything heavier I'll give ya as steady a shot as I can but . . . " his grip on the wheel visibly tightened, the closest he'd get to outright disagreement.

"Could stop 'em  with the Kuma though: a PIT stop is pretty basic, likely won't even scratch the paint and right place, right time, could even make it look like an accident."  He glanced in the mirror, then to the side, taking the temperature the impromptu team before shrugging again.  Wheelman wasn't the mastermind - he was the hands here, not the brains.

"Need a call before we get clear of the 'Zone; shot, stop or block.  Realtalk I ain't too keen on the last one - leavin' 'em behind the wheel and in control leaves 'em armed, after a fashion, and leavin' it up to them to stop rather than t-bone us and bolt isn't a bet I'd take, given another option."

*PIT/TVI

As Kat maneuvers the car smoothly into the opposing lane, traffic quickly adjusts and you remain just another car in the street, largely unnoticed by the world around you as your practised hand manages to keep from upsetting anyone, or notifying anyone of your intentions.  The car doesn't seem to be in a rush to get anywhere, and the device remains beeping steadily as you remain casually two cars behind your target.  No matter how you look at it, the heavily tinted windows border on mirrored, make it impossible to see inside, though a sharp eye can tell that the SUV has definitely had some work done, though this is a common sight, considering that car ownership, especially one that is being driven in the Combat Zone, means you have to be ready for anything.  This car is something else though, it has been clearly retrofit with some heavy duty armour, though without getting closer, you can't tell if the tires are bulletproof or not.  Still following the vehicle, it turns onto US 16, the major artery that goes around downtown Night City, harbourside.  The suffocating buildings fall behind your car, visible in your mirrors, but the grey sky darkens, and the sound of raindrops grows louder against the metal of the car.  You continue to follow, unnoticed. 

| Combat Knife Bayonett

Risalie was low key impressed, how easy Kat was making the process of tailng the car seem. As the distance decreased, she stopped focusing on the scnarrer, focusing more on the SUV. It was, modded. It meant they weren't some low level scas that just lucked out, but it wasn't much out of ordinary. But examining the car further revealed, that this was up armored.
"I don't think my piece will penetrate the sides of that car. And I'm not exactly expert marksman, I'm not sure I could flat the tires, with my skill and my gun."

token_1lm.png.91a7496faaf87677239c32425daa7b10.pngRICKY FORTUNE - LAWMAN

INT: 7 | REF: 8 | DEX: 7 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 6 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 7 | MOVE: 6 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 4

Humanity: 40/40 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Shotgun 5d6 | ROF 1 | Hands 2 | Shots (4):

Ricky rummaged in his duffel bag at his feet for a moment s Kat smoothly brought the Kuma around and nestled in the traffic a couple of vehicles behind the White SUV. He withdrew a long iron; a shotgun formed of cobalt blue steel barrel and a walnut stock. It looked old and battered, like it had seen a lot of action.

"This is Lucy. The old girl has seen a fair bit trouble over the years, and yes, ive popped a few tyres with her. If this is the road we are taking, i can take the shot." 

Shooting tyres was all part of being a beat cop, as car chases were commonplace throughout NC. Quietly, he hoped Lucy has enough clout to take out a custom rig.

Kat winced as they hit the highway.  PIT maneuver was out then - would still stop the SUV but the risk of turning the occupants into a red-paste smear on the asphalt got worse the faster things got.  Figured if the rent-a-cops called it a lethal force maneuver above 60 klicks per the preacher would think it the same.  Blowing a tire wouldn't be much better but THAT wasn't his call . . .

"Not wild about Lucy being the only belle at the ball: tire pops and they hole up behind that armor I don't think it goes our way . . . But unless tailing 'em to their doorstop is in the cards odds aren't gonna get better."  Kat checked the rearview, looking to Lady Koi for a reaction.  Unanimous or nothing.  Then his eyes went back to the road, sideviews, blindspots, cycling through points of attention old reflexes came back online, updating the potential battlespace in real time.  Counting cars.

Noncombatants.

Reinforced knuckles tightened around the wheel.  Eyes back on the road.

"PIT is too dangerous at speed, so either Ricky takes Lucy out dancing or we wait.  Takin' US16 means, odds are, we're heading off the island one way or another - no reason not to take surface steets otherwise.  So, we have until the bridges to make the move.  If'n we're all go for this, I'll get us alongside, space it out so anybody out for a rainy day drive doesn't get caught in the wreck."

Actions

IF we get a go for shooting out the tires (i.e. consent from the other PCs), consider this a declared action:  Kat is gonna try and pull up alongside for a steady shot when there's a break in the traffic - want as few potential casualties as possible.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)
Name
DECLARED ACTION: Drive Ground Vehicle [Moto] - Lining up the shot
explode(1d10,10)+18 5

Lady Koi watches the vehicle as it moves through traffic.  "Can we do this on an off ramp or something?  We do it on the highway there could be a lot of collateral with a pile-up," she says answering Kat's unspoken question.  Yes, she was for letting Lucy sing, but she was concerned that causing a pile up on the freeway was not the way to do this.

token_1lm.png.91a7496faaf87677239c32425daa7b10.png RICKY FORTUNE - LAWMAN

Head Armor: 7 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 0 | HP: 45

INT: 7 | REF: 8 | DEX: 7 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 6 | WILL: 8 | LUCK: 7 | MOVE: 6 | BODY: 5 | EMP: 4

Humanity: 40/40 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Shotgun 5d6 | ROF 1 | Hands 2 | Shots (4)

As conversation continued as the Kuma glided down the freeway, Ricky began loading Lucy with slugs, his calloused fingers nimbly slotting them into the magazine.

"This old girl can sure shred a wheel or two. If we do this then we need to surround them quick and grab the merch.  We probably have more time than we need out here as NCPD wont consider it a priority now we are outta the city streets. Unless we cause some catastrophe that is."

Ricky flicked the safety off the aging weapon and adjusted his position, pressing the button to retract the window.

"Ready. If you are..."

Name
roll
18; 21
1d10+10;5d6 ; [4,4,6,2,5]

"I don't like this, but we don't realy have a choice. Lady Koi is right, we have to take them off of the highway. Kat you know advanced driving meneuvers. Is it better to shoot out the tires before piting them or after?" Rosalie said, preparing her gun, making sure there was no obstructions in the barrel before racking the slida, and disengaging the safety.