Ghosts Come Home to Roost?

Sorithar

About the Roost

Jarrod nods approvingly.

"I am of the same mind. It is early still. My men and I will set up camp here for the day and watch this prisoner. If there are other things you wish to do, let us meet back here at nightfall to discuss our strategy."

Udbal seems rather pleased with this proposition but says nothing of it.

OOC

Notes: 

1. Drace HP total is down 2 points until she can heal more Constitution damage.

Light Sources:

1. Daylight

Spell Effects:

MAP

spacer.png

Kethra walks up to Jarrod as everythig is being set up,

"Your pardon sir, I was hoping to ask if any of you or your men have a way of restoring bodily health. I am not yet powerful enough to cast a restorative spell, and one of our party had her health severly weakened by stirges. I know such magics are not common, but I thought I would ask on the off chance you or one of your men had such a thing available." 

Dropping her voice a bit she whispers, adding,

"I also wanted to point out that Udbal seems pleased by the tactic we are considering, perhaps he should be watched lest he try to betray the ambush to get back in the good graces of his own people?"

AppearanceTall, thin and blonde; the young's woman's bone structure speaks to her proud Illuskan ancestry and the fierce warriors and sailors who founded her line. The young scholar has eyes like the sea after a storm and a fair complexion made pale by hours and hours in ivory towers.

Dressed in blue clerical robes trimmed in white and wearing a silver holy symbol about her neck, this priestess is obviously also prepared for adventure; wearing a hefty backpack and holding a light in her hands.

spacer.png

It seemed he still needed to learn a lot about adventuring. Joaquin blushed a bit while mentally facepalming.
Stupid!
The most sensible thing to do was indeed waiting for the next Zhent party and ambush them and not rush in blindly. Acting like that had gotten the Halfling more than a few scoldings. Like when he couldn’t wait to get the first bit of honey from Mirella’s beehives. He never thought he could run so fast when that angry swarm came after him. Luckily he got off with only a few dozen stings that Catalandra refused to heal. Something about learning a lesson. Apparently, it was a lesson easily forgotten.

And this time there would be no stings. Just death if they got caught.

Joaquin thought as he listened to the others. It’s just so easy to get caught up in the excitement of his first real adventure. But now they just had to wait and it wasn’t as if Joaquin had anywhere else to go. But if they were going to ambush a raiding party, preparations needed to be made. He turned to his companions.

“I think we need to discuss our tactics so when can plan some nasty surprises for the Zhents."

He looked at Ubdal.

“But far away from him.”

OOCCan we make booby traps?

spacer.png

With Jarrod taking responsibility for the prisoner, Drace broaches the subject of the bounty. Perhaps a little of her father's copper pinching ways have rubbed off on her, though she'd be aghast at the thought.

"Any chance of a receipt for the prisoner? There is a bounty out, after all."

As her companion's discussion turns to how best to prepare for the evening's ambush, Drace raises the possibility of attempting to enlist the help of the local dragon.

"Shall we meet with Rossal? Tell him the good news, see if we can get him to join in or at least tell us the riders usual route? A spot of hunting for food after perhaps?"

AppearanceClad against the autumn chill, much of Drace's face is obscured by a knitted hat of russet wool and a thick scarf wrapped about her neck. Her fur mantled cloak is slung partially over one shoulder, the better to keep the arm holding the lead of her donkey free. A quiver of arrows hangs off her belt, half the fletching dyed a dark red.

Title

Jarrod shakes his head at Kethra's request.

"No clerics ride with us this day. What curative magics we carry are all draughts. As for the prisoner, we have every intention of watching him closely."

He then raises a reproving eyebrow at Drace's question.

"The reward is offered by the council, not the Riders, though I assure you that we can be trusted to deliver your name along with the prisoner to Ashabenford."

OOC

Notes: 

Light Sources:

1. Daylight

Spell Effects:

MAP

spacer.png

Kethra nods,

"Thank you for letting me know your situation and for being open to my question. I apologize if my, comment... in any way made you feel that I had little confidence in your observational or tactical skills. My deepest apologies from my lips to Mystra's ears."

AppearanceTall, thin and blonde; the young's woman's bone structure speaks to her proud Illuskan ancestry and the fierce warriors and sailors who founded her line. The young scholar has eyes like the sea after a storm and a fair complexion made pale by hours and hours in ivory towers.

Dressed in blue clerical robes trimmed in white and wearing a silver holy symbol about her neck, this priestess is obviously also prepared for adventure; wearing a hefty backpack and holding a light in her hands.

About the Roost

Jarrod grins at Kethra.

"Not at all dweomerkeeper, your vigilance is appreciated."

OOC

Notes: 

Light Sources:

1. Daylight

Spell Effects:

MAP

spacer.png

Kethra blushes to her eartips,

"I'm not..."

her voice squeaks a bit, she *ahems* to clear it,

"...not a dweomerkeeper yet, but perhaps someday with study and Mystra's approval."

About the Roost

Jarrod looks a bit embarrassed.

"I apologize. Servant of Mystery, is it? My familiarity with the titles in the church of Mystra is limited."

OOC

Notes: 

Light Sources:

1. Daylight

Spell Effects:

MAP

Edited by Sorithar (see edit history)

spacer.png

Kethra curtseys,

"I am certain that if there is some error in understanding or apology owed it is on my part. Seeker is accurate, and my true title is closer to novice, for I have not even had my formal initiation yet."

spacer.png

Content to let Drace and Kethra handle the conversation with the Riders, Maximilian busied himself with taking a quick inventory of what alchemical creations he still had close at hand, and which he'd need to brew once he had the opportunity. He raised an eyebrow and smiled slightly at what he momentarily perceived to be Drace questioning the Riders' honor and Kethra passive-aggressively questioning their competence, before realizing that it wasn't how they had intended what they said.

Perhaps he had spent too much time among nobles, he thought to himself with a smile, if he were detecting slights where none had been intended.

About the Roost

Having agreed and with Joaquin's excitement all but bubbling over, you leave Jarrod and the Riders to their preparations and head back into the courtyard of the ruined keep and under the large oak. No sooner do you find yourselves there then a familiar voice sounds in your head, though no voice sounds about you.

"Hurrah, hurrah! You come back! You find the kobolds..?!"

OOC

Notes: 

Light Sources:

1. Daylight

Spell Effects:

MAP

Edited by Sorithar (see edit history)

spacer.png

Kethra smiles,

"We found them, they almost killed us, but we prevailed."

spacer.png

The halfling had not expected that working as a team would mean that the decision-making process would take so much time, so he was happy to be finally on the move.
Although if I would have taken some time to think before I acted, I definitely would not have ran into so much trouble.
Joaquin chuckled.
Or at least I wouldn’t have been caught.

His moment of contemplation was rudely interrupted as a voice sounded in his head. In the blink of an eye the halfling had loaded his sling and was whirring it around while keeping an eye out for any movement.

“Who was that? Show yourself!"

OOC

Spot Check result 19

Listen Check result 19