Character Creation

Ruess

Before you do anything else

Read these instructions. And then make a character thread in the Applications.

Level

Make a first level character. If you dare, plan your career all the way to level ten.

(Personally I say plan all the way to level twelve or thirteen. You never know~)

Stats

You may roll your stats. Twice. (Roll four, drop lowest; do this six times.)

If the first set doesn't work out you can try a second time.

If you try a second time, the first set goes poof and remains unavailable as fallback.

If both rolls come up short you will make use of point buy with 32 points.

Hit Points

Full at first level. (We'll roll with contingency if we ever get to second level and beyond.)

Gear

Take one of the provided starting gear packages or roll your starting gold. Roll well if you do, there is no safety net if you roll poorly.

Alternatively, take the average gold.

Materialwise

Everything goes. Everything. (Official, that is.) We're playing 3.5 and it has rather much material to work with.

I am aware of several erratas. And that they may contradict each other. I am also perfectly aware the material can and does get crazy when you consider that Dragon Magazine and Web Enhacemenets are a thing. I still see no problem with their existence.

If something is restricted, such as by being campaign specific, or it has design choices you find terribly unfair, I am willing to discuss about things. This is not a carte blanche permission, though.

However!

Cite your sources and provide quotes if you're doing something really exotic. So if you want to play a vampire character using Savage Species, I'll want to see the hows, the whos, the whats and the whereof.

Expected Group Size
We'll be running a group of six and seing where it goes. (If it goes.)

Backstory?

Backstory is optional - mostly. I do want to know who you are and where you come from but it need not be too overt or elaborate.

Further Character Creation Info - Questions And Answers

We will not be using fractionals.

I'd rather you didn't aim for any Leadership feat or function.

All the myths are real. Yes, even those ones, and especially the ones that contradict each other.

All gods are real. Yes, even those ones, and especially the ones that contradict each other.

Be a local or a stranger as you wish. It is a wide, wide world.

Level Adjustment Buyoff will be available.

Wizards can forgo the rigamarole with their spellbook, inks, page limits, writing in it and all that. It's a waste of time and money.

If you take a familiar, you can forgo the first time gp payment. Have a familiar or animal and be nice to it.

No race is always truly evil. No race is always truly good. So if you met some friendly kobolds? Good for you! Huzzah!

Skills have been adjusted slightly.
Hide + Move Silently = Stealth
Spot + Listen = Perception

You get bonuses to both? Apply boon/bonus only once.

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)