Edit History

Wizard of the Coat

Wizard of the Coat

Questions:

1. What are who is Ludician?

2. Do you have some group of people similar to gypsies in this campaign setting? (I've been thinking about Mags' mother and her people, and I'm considering some sort of group that travels--possibly from some kingdom/origin beyond the Serene Holds map.)

3. Can you tell me a little more about the Teruvians? (Wondering if the "ethnic travelers" might be from Teruvia.)

4. Can you clarify the utility of the various Common tongues?  I've loaded up on them. Will they have social or other significance in the game? Is the Urzoa Common an option that works in all the continent (like "Common" in the generic D&D 5e campaign setting), allowing unhampered communication with peoples speaking the regional Common tongues/dialects. I guess I'm wondering if we're talking about different dialects of the same language or different languages within the same family of languages (i.e. French and Italian are both "Romance Languages"). 

5. Regarding my Journey to Baromenes Part 1 and Part 2: they were a fun exercise to help me get into the character and the setting, but would/could they be considered cannon (i.e. things that actually happened on Mags' journey to Baromenes)? 

6. Eventually, Mags will fight with a weapon more substantial than a dagger. When that time comes, I'd really like Mags to fight with a weapon that does slashing damage. In 5e, rogue weapons are piercing weapons. Historically, piercing weapons were effective in the ancient world because you aim for the gut, a large target, and if you hit, you have a good chance of killing your target (even if it takes a long time to die from a gut wound). When I describe Mags in combat, I envision him as a slasher--targeting arteries, tendons.... Granted, we can handle this as fluff, and that will work. But would you be willing to consider a mechanical change?  If so, here are to possible options I can think of. 

• The roman gladius (the one that "defined" their prowess in battle) was an innovation because it allowed for both piercing and slashing. Could Mags have a short sword that does slashing (only) damage? Or if you're feeling particularly generous, could it do the wielder's choice between slashing or piercing?  
  • If that doesn't work, could I possibly switch Mags' class weapon proficiencies so that he gets proficiency with scimitars instead of short swords. Mechanically, they are the same weapon, except that one is martial/d6/slashing/finesse/light and the other is martial/d6/piercing/finesse/light. 

7. I'd like to add a "black silk mask" (covering most of the face, with holes for the eyes) to my character sheet. Something Mags might wear sometimes when speaking for the gods or when doing some crime. Any thoughts on what that might cost? 

Wizard of the Coat

Wizard of the Coat

Questions:

2. Do you have some group of people similar to gypsies in this campaign setting? (I've been thinking about Mags' mother and her people, and I'm considering some sort of group that travels--possibly from some kingdom/origin beyond the Serene Holds map.)

3. Can you tell me a little more about the Teruvians? (Wondering if the "ethnic travelers" might be from Teruvia.)

4. Can you clarify the utility of the various Common tongues?  I've loaded up on them. Will they have social or other significance in the game? Is the Urzoa Common an option that works in all the continent (like "Common" in the generic D&D 5e campaign setting), allowing unhampered communication with peoples speaking the regional Common tongues/dialects. I guess I'm wondering if we're talking about different dialects of the same language or different languages within the same family of languages (i.e. French and Italian are both "Romance Languages"). 

5. Regarding my Journey to Baromenes Part 1 and Part 2: they were a fun exercise to help me get into the character and the setting, but would/could they be considered cannon (i.e. things that actually happened on Mags' journey to Baromenes)? 

6. Eventually, Mags will fight with a weapon more substantial than a dagger. When that time comes, I'd really like Mags to fight with a weapon that does slashing damage. In 5e, rogue weapons are piercing weapons. Historically, piercing weapons were effective in the ancient world because you aim for the gut, a large target, and if you hit, you have a good chance of killing your target (even if it takes a long time to die from a gut wound). When I describe Mags in combat, I envision him as a slasher--targeting arteries, tendons.... Granted, we can handle this as fluff, and that will work. But would you be willing to consider a mechanical change?  If so, here are to possible options I can think of. 

• The roman gladius (the one that "defined" their prowess in battle) was an innovation because it allowed for both piercing and slashing. Could Mags have a short sword that does slashing (only) damage? Or if you're feeling particularly generous, could it do the wielder's choice between slashing or piercing?  
  • If that doesn't work, could I possibly switch Mags' class weapon proficiencies so that he gets proficiency with scimitars instead of short swords. Mechanically, they are the same weapon, except that one is martial/d6/slashing/finesse/light and the other is martial/d6/piercing/finesse/light. 

7. I'd like to add a "black silk mask" to my character sheet. Something Mags might wear sometimes when speaking for the gods or when doing some crime. Any thoughts on what that might cost? 

Wizard of the Coat

Wizard of the Coat

Questions: