Light Armor
Simple Weapons
Hand Crossbow

Longsword

Shortsword

Rapier

Common
Elven

Bardic Inspiration [d6]You can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6.

Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once). You regain any expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Your Bardic Inspiration die changes when you reach certain levels in this class. The die becomes a d8 at 5th level, a d10 at 10th level, and a d12 at 15th level.
Spell CastingYou have learned to untangle and reshape the fabric of reality in harmony with your wishes and music. Your spells are part of your vast repertoire, magic that you can tune to different situations. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for the bard spell list.

Cantrips
[–]
You know two cantrips of your choice from the bard spell list. You learn additional bard cantrips of your choice at higher levels, learning a 3rd cantrip at 4th level and a 4th at 10th level.

Spell Slots
[–]
The Bard table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your bard spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

For example, if you know the 1st-level spell cure wounds and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast cure wounds using either slot.

Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher
[–]
You know four 1st-level spells of your choice from the bard spell list.

You learn an additional bard spell of your choice at each level except 12th, 16th, 19th, and 20th. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 3rd level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.

Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the bard spells you know and replace it with another spell from the bard spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

Spellcasting Ability
[–]
Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your bard spells. Your magic comes from the heart and soul you pour into the performance of your music or oration. You use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a bard spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
Ritual CastingYou can cast any bard spell you know as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag.
Spellcasting FocusYou can use a musical instrument as a spellcasting focus for your bard spells.
Jack of All TradesStarting at 2nd level, you can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.
Song of Rest [d6]Beginning at 2nd level, you can use soothing music or oration to help revitalize your wounded allies during a short rest. If you or any friendly creatures who can hear your performance regain hit points by spending Hit Dice at the end of the short rest, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points.

The extra hit points increase when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d8 at 9th level, to 1d10 at 13th level, and to 1d12 at 17th level.
Magical InspirationIf a creature has a Bardic Inspiration die from you and casts a spell that restores hit points or deals damage, the creature can roll that die and choose a target affected by the spell. Add the number rolled as a bonus to the hit points regained or the damage dealt. The Bardic Inspiration die is then lost.
Silver TongueYou are a master at saying the right thing at the right time. When you make a Charisma (Persuasion) or Charisma (Deception) check, you can treat a d20 roll of 9 or lower as a 10.
Unsettling WordsYou can spin words laced with magic that unsettle a creature and cause it to doubt itself. As a bonus action, you can expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration and choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. Roll the Bardic Inspiration die. The creature must subtract the number rolled from the next saving throw it makes before the start of your next turn.
Expertise [Persuasion, Deception]At 3rd level, choose two of your skill proficiencies. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

At 10th level, you can choose another two skill proficiencies to gain this benefit.
Bardic VersatilityWhenever you reach a level in this class that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can do one of the following, representing a change in focus as you use your skills and magic:

Replace one of the skills you chose for the Expertise feature with one of your other skill proficiencies that isn't benefiting from Expertise.
Replace one cantrip you learned from this class's Spellcasting feature with another cantrip from the bard spell list.
Languages [Common, Elven]You can speak, read, and write Common and one extra language of your choice. Humans typically learn the languages of other peoples they deal with, including obscure dialects. They are fond of sprinkling their speech with words borrowed from other tongues: Orc curses, Elvish musical expressions, Dwarvish military phrases, and so on.
Skills [History] You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.
Feat [Actor]Skilled at mimicry and dramatics, you gain the following benefits:
*Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
*You have advantage on Charisma (Deception) and Charisma (Performance) checks when trying to pass yourself off as a different person.
*You can mimic the speech of another person or the sounds made by other creatures. You must have heard the person speaking, or heard the creature make the sound, for at least 1 minute. A successful Wisdom (Insight) check contested by your Charisma (Deception) check allows a listener to determine that the effect is faked.

Item_necklace_9.png Magic Items

Magic Items: (0.0 lbs.)

Non-Attuned (0.0 lbs.) Attuned 1/3 (0.0 lbs.)

Right Ring FingerRing of ProtectionYou gain a +1 bonus to AC and saving throws while wearing this ring.image.jpeg.39793e23205cd8cf7d0e042a071e20f2.jpeg

Given to him as a gift from Captain Harrington after Andras heroically rescued his captain from some neerdowell during their first boarding action at sea.

"I don't like any of you, but that kid has promise" ~ Captain Harrington

5386-200.png Character Overview

spacer.png
Many people think that being wealthy means your life is easy, that enough coin can solve all your problems, and that wealth can make you free. I would invite those individuals to be raised in a place like Cheliax. Yes, House Jeggre is the wealthiest noble house in the entire country, perhaps the entire world, second in power only to House Thrune, the undisputed rulers. But my life was far from carefree. Born Andras Ashely Jeggre, I was the sixth, youngest sibling of the main family branch. It is true I had all the best tutors and clothes, attended the most extravagant affairs of state, and was the general envy of almost everyone I met. But life as a Jeggre comes with certain...expectations.

While afforded every opportunity, there is but one rule everyone in the family must live by: Never embarrass the family. We live in a world where money meant nothing, and value of our name was priceless. So it went without saying that you were somewhat free to follow your own pursuits, as long as you were the best at what you did. At eight I attended the most prestigious school in the country. And while my studies there were as dull as the other sycophants from noble houses who spent their time licking the boots of their betters, it was also there that I found my one true passion: music. Not in the droning dirges that made up the majority of the generally accepted music in Cheliax, but in the true power of self expression that could move the hearts of others. As you may have already guessed, the old fuddy-duddies who preferred a dismal march or bloody opera were less than interested in my genius (no matter how much they secretly tapped their feet beneath their robes). And so when my inability to stifle my superiority had reached its limit...I was promptly sent to military school to "straighten me out".

spacer.pngTruth be told the naval academy was some of the best years of my life. All the diplomacy and political maneuverings I had learned in boarding school became of immediate benefit. With two months, I'd started an underground fighting ring, making double my allowance (quiet a sum indeed) and was still able to pay off several of the teachers to look the other way. And while the people there didn't understand or appreciate music the way my previous peers had, they did like my creations, which perhaps is enough to say they had more appreciation for fine music than my previous peers...My newfound wealth was put to good use bribing the staff so that I could focus on my music instead of naval strategy (because that's a skill I'd ever really need) and buying just enough drinks to ensure I stayed on everyone's good side.

And then I finally "graduated" from the naval academy...With so many older siblings, I assumed they'd simply busy themselves squabbling over who the next heir would be, and simply leave me to a life of casual luxury and music. That was of course, my first mistake. In an effort to curry favor and cement our ties to the very powerful House Thrune, I was offered up as a marriage partner. Why me you ask? By this point in the story I should think it obvious: I'm an incredibly handsome, charming, talented young man with (quite literally) the best pedigree money could buy. I was a beautiful songbird in a gilded cage, a political sacrifice. It was this point in my life that I finally began to appreciate all I had been given as a child. Did you know that no self respecting Chelish finishing school could dare call itself the best without rigorous coursework in espionage? So I laid a plan, and I waited....

Courting nobility in Cheliax is a very slow process. If a woman were engaged at twelve, she'd be lucky to be married before her mid twenties. So I spent more than a few monthspacer.pngs playing the dutiful young sibling, charming those relatives of my future partner long before I'd ever see her. I showered someone I'd never met with poetry and praise (most likely she was a hag anyway). Her attempts at prose were like a donkey eating a feasting's day pie, which is to say awkward, unsightly, and more than a little blatantly ironic (for those of you who didn't grow up in the center of civilization, traditionally those pies were made with donkey). For all the suffering it caused me, I will say she did give me something of true value: mandolin crafted by Martina Licinus, the greatest luthier in history. This mandolin had seen more years than some Elves, and was truly a masterpiece. Four months later, I'd managed to quietly move enough funds, and bribe enough people to make my escape.

Over the next year I stayed constantly on the move, faked my own death no less than four times, and squandered away a fortune so vast it would have ruined any lesser family (but still just a drop in the bucket for House Jeggre). When the money was finally gone and the leeches had left, it was just me, my skills, and my mandolin. No longer having the coin to throw or buy off any pursuers, I decided to head to the one place they would never look for me: The Shackles.

Honestly I don't know what everyone worries about so much. I've never felt more at home anywhere. Sure there is the occasional highwayman or cutpurse in an alley, but those exchanges make for such interesting stories! I've been in the Shackles for nearly two months now, playing my way through the seedy taverns of Port Peril and only laying my head on the softest of pillows. Every inn has a new story, and I've begun to be a collector of sorts, perhaps the first to actually write down the many (obviously embellished) tales of the heroes and villains of this region. The only real decision now is: Do I write a second book, or simply publish them as part of my memoir?

~an excerpt from Andras' journal, a self styled, still untitled biography about the greatest bard Golarion has ever seen.

spacer.pngBackground
PHB: Entertainer

Personality Traits:
The Quill is Mightier than the Sword: Do you know who first resorts to violence? Common thugs. A blade can end one man's life, but a few strokes of the quill could spark a war. Civilized people should always start with conversation, that is what separates us from the animals, and in general makes me a better person than most.

Music Snob: If you don't know the difference between a sonata and a symphony, or who the top three most most influential composers of this century were, or how many strings a lute SHOULD have, then you're not a music lover, you're a music listener. Listeners are fine, they line my pockets and keep a roof over my head, but they don't love music.

Ideal:
Freedom: I'm not really asking for much, just to be in control of my own destiny. No one should have the power to force another to play certain instruments, go to a specific boarding school, or get married!

Fame: A man is only as great as his legacy. I'm going to make my mark on the world and become so legendary, bards will sing about my exploits for generations to come. I once thought perhaps I could do that at home, but recently I've come to understand that would never happen, so I'm off to one place they will never find me (or even think of looking).

Bond:
I left it all, except that mandolin: Yes, it was gift from my future wife, and maybe it was wrong of me to take it with me, but it was a REALLY nice mandolin! But it was made by Martina Licinus, yes, THE Martina Licinus, the most famous luthier to ever live! It is over 150 years old and honestly, is more valuable than anything or anyone on this ship.

Flaw:
Family woes: Nothing terrifies me more than my family. The idea of having to go back and simply be a pawn of their political machinations is a fate worse than death.

Sucker for a pretty face: There are some things in life a man just can't say no to. And while it has gotten me in trouble a handful of times, even the worst experiences were worth it. If I had to do them all again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Specialty:
Andras was raised as a Chelish Noble, which is to say, he excels at most spy work. Not only does he have a real talent for music and oration, but he can imitate the voice of just about anyone he's ever listened to. Despite this skill set, he has no real desire to have any major responsibility, so he often plays the dapper and dashing fool to no one expects to much from him.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...