Sheets Viewer Update - Cache Clear May Be Required ×

Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                        Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 12/12 (1d8+2) +2 Tough | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10, Insight 10, Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Solamnic, Kharolian, Draconic

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 2/2

Mery finds her energies beginning to seriously lag.  My mother could interact with all of these people and walk away feeling energized, but I sure can't.  I'm feeling drained, and I don't seem to be making much headway getting people to talk to each other and push past that awkwardness there always is when you're trying to find common ground with people you do not know.  Or maybe they just don't rely on conversation as much as I do to find that common ground.  She finds it an interesting question, but one she currently lacks the energy to ponder further.

Offering Modri a smile, she responds to him, also in Elvish. 

Mery's Elvish

"Speaking my language is not necessary, but if you wish to practice it, I am happy to practice with you.  Do remind me about that drink if I should forget.  I try to never forget a promise like that, but do occasionally get distracted by other things."

She notes the stranger walking in, and gives him her best smile, although it is a little tremulous at this point.  "Welcome, friend.  You will find most of us are here for Ispin.  I hope you won't think it rude of me, but I am in desperate need of a bit of fresh air.  I want to assure you, though, my stepping out is is no way, shape, or form about you, and I hope you will feel welcome here.  I'm Mery, and I'd be happy to chat with you a bit later."

To the group at large, she announces, "I'll be back in a few minutes.  Any of you also in need of a bit of air are welcome to join me," and then steps outside and just to the side of the Brass Crab's main entrance, taking a few deep breaths and performing a few stretches to help get her blood flowing again.  It would be nice if at least one person chose to join me, but I suppose all I could really do is let it be known I am open to company.  Solitude is always nice, too, though, and I can at least look around a bit.

She then begins tuning into her senses, noting the ruined watchtower in the distance where Becklin Uth Viharin presumably lives, the faint cacophony of what sounds like a market somewhere to the south, and the not entirely pleasant smell of fish and the nearby river.  Satisfied that's probably as much as there is to take note of in Vogler short of actually leaving the Brass Crab and exploring the town, she closes her eyes and lifts her face to the sky, reveling in the feel of the warmth of the sun on her skin and continuing to breathe deeply.

Then, so softly as to just barely be audible, she begins to sing, her voice a sweet mezzo-soprano, the tune haunting, its mood melancholy:

🎵And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more 🎶
🎵 People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening 🎶
🎵 People writing songs, that voices never shared
And no one dared 🎶
🎵 Disturb the sound of silence

She will immediately stop singing if anyone should choose to join her.

OOC

Mery will hang out here until either someone joins her or it becomes apparent that no one is going to.

Music credit: Paul Simon, Sound of Silence

tbgg

tbgg

Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)

Mery finds her energies beginning to seriously lag.  My mother could interact with all of these people and walk away feeling energized, but I sure can't.  I'm feeling drained, and I don't seem to be making much headway getting people to talk to each other and push past that awkwardness there always is when you're trying to find common ground with people you do not know.  Or maybe they just don't rely on conversation as much as I do to find that common ground.  She finds it an interesting question, but one she currently lacks the energy to ponder further.

Mery's Elvish

"Speaking my language is not necessary, but if you wish to practice it, I am happy to practice with you.  Do remind me about that drink if I should forget.  I try to never forget a promise like that, but do occasionally get distracted by other things."

She notes the stranger walking in, and gives him her best smile, although it is a little tremulous at this point.  "Welcome, friend.  You will find most of us are here for Ispin.  I hope you won't think it rude of me, but I am in desperate need of a bit of fresh air.  I want to assure you, though, my stepping out is is no way, shape, or form about you, and I hope you will feel welcome here.  I'm Mery, and I'd be happy to chat with you a bit later."

To the group at large, she announces, "I'll be back in a few minutes.  Any of you also in need of a bit of air are welcome to join me," and then steps outside and just to the side of the Brass Crab's main entrance, taking a few deep breaths and performing a few stretches to help get her blood flowing again.  It would be nice if at least one person chose to join me, but I suppose all I could really do is let it be known I am open to company.  Solitude is always nice, too, though, and I can at least look around a bit.

She then begins tuning into her senses, noting the ruined watchtower in the distance where Becklin Uth Viharin presumably lives, the faint cacophony of what sounds like a market somewhere to the south, and the not entirely pleasant smell of fish and the nearby river.  Satisfied that's probably as much as there is to take note of in Vogler short of actually leaving the Brass Crab and exploring the town, she closes her eyes and lifts her face to the sky, reveling in the feel of the warmth of the sun on her skin and continuing to breathe deeply.

Then, so softly as to just barely be audible, she begins to sing, her voice a sweet mezzo-soprano, the tune haunting:

🎵 Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again 🎶
🎵 Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping 🎶
🎵 And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains 🎶
🎵 Within the sound of silence

She will immediately stop singing if anyone should choose to join her.

OOC

Mery will hang out here until either someone joins her or it becomes apparent that no one is going to.

Music credit: Paul Simon, Sound of Silence

tbgg

tbgg

Mery's Elvish

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

Mery's Elvish

She then begins tuning into her senses, noting the ruined watchtower in the distance she'd not noticed upon entering Vogler where Becklin Uth Viharin presumably lives, the faint cacophony of what sounds like a market somewhere to the south, and the not entirely pleasant smell of fish and the nearby river.  Satisfied that's probably as much as there is to take note of in Vogler short of actually leaving the Brass Crab and exploring the town, she closes her eyes and lifts her face to the sky, reveling in the feel of the warmth of the sun on her skin and continuing to breathe deeply.

OOC