Edit History

Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki

spacer.png

Name: Katlina Grovegust

Character Concept: A strange Kender from far away, for her friend's soul, she comes to pray. 

Lineage, Background, Planned-Subclass Class: Kender, Monk, Way of the Ascendant Dragon. 

Description. Provide a written sketch of your character. What do they look like? Feel like? Act like? Seem like? More is not necessarily more, nor is brevity best. Definitely include skin, hair, and eye color; any distinguishing features (scars, signature clothing pieces) and mannerisms; typical costume.

How do they come across? How is their demeanor? Their bearing? If I walked in and saw them from across the room, what would my impression of them be? Would they look gregarious and friendly? Inviting? Or would they look suspect? Scary? Aloof or stand-offish? Bored? Unamused?

What sorts of facial expressions do they typically effect? Resting b***h face? An easy smile? Serene calm?

If I saw them talking to someone else, would they be standing right up in their grill, leaning into them? Or would they be leaning back? Trying to escape the conversation? Just relaxing?

Your Character’s Plothook: You and Ispin defended a community from a notorious band of goblin raiders.

Past is Prologue. What’s your character’s backstory? Who are their family? Their friends? Their enemies? Why did they start adventuring? How did they reach level one? Please keep it to absolutely no more than the equivalent of two A4-sized sized sheets with 1-inch margins (25.4 mm), double-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman. I think I might have caused any college graduates to just suffer an aneurysm or triggered a PTSD episode with those criteria, but if you can’t pare it down to that . . . then it had better be really engaging reading.

By NO means does it need to be two pages long! A couple of paragraphs is okay, too. The point is, write what gets across what you need to get across, but don’t write too much.

Truths, Rumors, and Lies. One true rumor that another accepted character will be allowed to have heard about your character. One false rumor that a second accepted character will be allowed to have heard about your character. One rumor that could be true or could be false (it’s up to you) that a third accepted character has heard about your character, and can choose to believe or disbelieve as they like.

Loyalties. You are either being courted by or are a recent initiate of a faction, an organization working in the Forgotten Realms for numerous purposes. See below for faction information. Why did you join the Faction? Who acted as your mentor?

Is Might Right? What is your character’s personal philosophy on power and authority? From where does this derive? How is it wielded best and worst? Is might right, and if not, what is?

Deity. Dragonlance is a world where the gods had withdrawn, but now, they’re starting to reassert themselves—especially in the face of Takhisis’s looming threat. They live and die and are real beings. Almost everyone worships at least one god, most worship multiple gods or whole pantheons. Atheism is very rare, and often has divine consequences. Yet others are spiritual without worshiping a god. What is your character’s beliefs, and how do they guide your character?

Music. Tell me what your character sounds like, musically. You can give me a specific composer, band, style of music, or motifs, but music plays a large part in the games I run. No one’s judging your taste in music here, and I’d be more than happy to help you if you want suggestions.

Please provide up to three links to Youtube videos showcasing the music you’ve chosen. If you only mention a genre (“Classic Rock!” or “Rap”), that’s fine, too. You can be as general or specific as you like (“Jimi Hendrix’s Woodstock performance of the Star Spangled Banner”).

I’m a composer and I know a bit of music theory, so you can even speak in those terms, too! (“She’s the character equivalent of a tritone.” or “He’s the living embodiment of the Andalusian cadence played in a tresillo rhythm.”)

Impressions. Your impression of other characters. This will help us develop relationships before the game starts. However, this is obviously not required because, depending on how many people apply, this will become burdensome.

Images. (Other than your Character) Tattoos; images of animal companions or familiars; clothing items; whatever you like, and however many you feel the need to post.

Connections. One or more living family member(s) they could visit, and who knows them and would give them and their friends beds to sleep in and a hardy meal in their bellies. They’ll even direct nosy stalkers in the wrong direction for you as best they can. BUT! One enemy stalking the world that has a legitimate grievance against them and is out there, looking for them to right your character’s wrong. I can’t promise either or both of them will come into play.

Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki

spacer.png

Character Concept: A strange Kender from far away, for her friend's soul, she comes to pray. 

Lineage, Background, Planned-Subclass Class: Kender, Monk, Way of the Ascendant Dragon. 

Description. Provide a written sketch of your character. What do they look like? Feel like? Act like? Seem like? More is not necessarily more, nor is brevity best. Definitely include skin, hair, and eye color; any distinguishing features (scars, signature clothing pieces) and mannerisms; typical costume.

How do they come across? How is their demeanor? Their bearing? If I walked in and saw them from across the room, what would my impression of them be? Would they look gregarious and friendly? Inviting? Or would they look suspect? Scary? Aloof or stand-offish? Bored? Unamused?

What sorts of facial expressions do they typically effect? Resting b***h face? An easy smile? Serene calm?

If I saw them talking to someone else, would they be standing right up in their grill, leaning into them? Or would they be leaning back? Trying to escape the conversation? Just relaxing?

Your Character’s Plothook. Players should create characters connected to Krynn and, if possible, to one another. They should also each have a connection to a mutual friend named Ispin Greenshield. Ispin has recently passed away, and the characters are invited to his funeral in Vogler.

Past is Prologue. What’s your character’s backstory? Who are their family? Their friends? Their enemies? Why did they start adventuring? How did they reach level one? Please keep it to absolutely no more than the equivalent of two A4-sized sized sheets with 1-inch margins (25.4 mm), double-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman. I think I might have caused any college graduates to just suffer an aneurysm or triggered a PTSD episode with those criteria, but if you can’t pare it down to that . . . then it had better be really engaging reading.

By NO means does it need to be two pages long! A couple of paragraphs is okay, too. The point is, write what gets across what you need to get across, but don’t write too much.

Truths, Rumors, and Lies. One true rumor that another accepted character will be allowed to have heard about your character. One false rumor that a second accepted character will be allowed to have heard about your character. One rumor that could be true or could be false (it’s up to you) that a third accepted character has heard about your character, and can choose to believe or disbelieve as they like.

Loyalties. You are either being courted by or are a recent initiate of a faction, an organization working in the Forgotten Realms for numerous purposes. See below for faction information. Why did you join the Faction? Who acted as your mentor?

Is Might Right? What is your character’s personal philosophy on power and authority? From where does this derive? How is it wielded best and worst? Is might right, and if not, what is?

Deity. Dragonlance is a world where the gods had withdrawn, but now, they’re starting to reassert themselves—especially in the face of Takhisis’s looming threat. They live and die and are real beings. Almost everyone worships at least one god, most worship multiple gods or whole pantheons. Atheism is very rare, and often has divine consequences. Yet others are spiritual without worshiping a god. What is your character’s beliefs, and how do they guide your character?

Music. Tell me what your character sounds like, musically. You can give me a specific composer, band, style of music, or motifs, but music plays a large part in the games I run. No one’s judging your taste in music here, and I’d be more than happy to help you if you want suggestions.

Please provide up to three links to Youtube videos showcasing the music you’ve chosen. If you only mention a genre (“Classic Rock!” or “Rap”), that’s fine, too. You can be as general or specific as you like (“Jimi Hendrix’s Woodstock performance of the Star Spangled Banner”).

I’m a composer and I know a bit of music theory, so you can even speak in those terms, too! (“She’s the character equivalent of a tritone.” or “He’s the living embodiment of the Andalusian cadence played in a tresillo rhythm.”)

Impressions. Your impression of other characters. This will help us develop relationships before the game starts. However, this is obviously not required because, depending on how many people apply, this will become burdensome.

Images. (Other than your Character) Tattoos; images of animal companions or familiars; clothing items; whatever you like, and however many you feel the need to post.

Connections. One or more living family member(s) they could visit, and who knows them and would give them and their friends beds to sleep in and a hardy meal in their bellies. They’ll even direct nosy stalkers in the wrong direction for you as best they can. BUT! One enemy stalking the world that has a legitimate grievance against them and is out there, looking for them to right your character’s wrong. I can’t promise either or both of them will come into play.

Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki

spacer.png

Character Concept. Pitch your character in one sentence.

Lineage, Background, Planned-Subclass Class. You’re level 1, so very very few of you are going to have your subclass already.

Your Character’s Plothook. Players should create characters connected to Krynn and, if possible, to one another. They should also each have a connection to a mutual friend named Ispin Greenshield. Ispin has recently passed away, and the characters are invited to his funeral in Vogler.

Guardian Angel Haruki

Guardian Angel Haruki

spacer.png

Character Concept. Pitch your character in one sentence.

Lineage, Background, Planned-Subclass Class. You’re level 1, so very very few of you are going to have your subclass already.