Edit History

codexgigas

codexgigas

Amdiran, Son of Amdirgir | Dunédain Warden 2
spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 11/16 | HD: 2/2d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 15 | Warden's Gift: 1/3 | Foresight: 0/1 | Shadow Points: 2 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Amdiran smiles at the Old Troll, but the expression does not touch his eyes, which remain wary. "One might ask why my folk do anything. Young Tomas' family think me an untrustworthy rogue who pries into affairs which do not concern him," the Ranger answers. "But I wonder why one as old and as cunning as you has been so careless? I thought one of your lesser kin had wandered out of the Trollshaws or the Misty Mountains. Had I known we were dealing with the Old Troll himself, I might have waited for more of my people to aid us. Yet, though I do not dispute your prowess, I think you would admit that we have held our own well enough. You are a doughty foe, of course, but we have proven ourselves doughty too. Our purpose was to ensure that Bree-land is safe, for the dead as well as the living. The only question now is how we shall do that. I wonder if you have a thought on the matter?"

Beneath his calm exterior, the Ranger is a bundle of nerves. The Old Troll is a much more cunning opponent that he had anticipated facing, and he finds himself hard pressed to engage in this duel of words without revealing too much.

codexgigas

codexgigas

Amdiran, Son of Amdirgir | Dunédain Warden 2
spacer.png

AC: 15/17 | HP: 11/16 | HD: 2/2d8 | Initiative: +4 | Passive Perception: 15 | Warden's Gift: 1/3 | Foresight: 0/1 | Shadow Points: 2 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Amdiran smiles at the Old Troll, but the expression does not touch his eyes, which remain wary. "One might ask why my folk do anything. Young Tomas' family think me an untrustworthy rogue who pries into affairs which do not concern him," the Ranger answers. "But I wonder why one as old and as cunning as you has been so careless? I thought one of your lesser kin had wandered out of the Trollshaws or the Misty Mountains. Had I known we were dealing with the Old Troll himself, I might have waited for more of my people to aid us. Yet, though I do not dispute your prowess, I think you would admit that we have held our own well enough. You are a doughty foe, of course, but we have proven ourselves doughty too. Our purpose was to ensure that Bree-land is safe, for the dead as well as the living. The only question now is how we shall do that. I wonder if you have a thought on the matter?"