Edit History

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

Music: Cardolan - LOTRO Soundtrack

The South Downs - Fall 2947 T.A.

image.png.ca8eece10464a43797ec3904bfcfa2b6.png

"Oh, it's just a bit to the northeast of Bree," answered Tom to Orn. "You'll have plenty of time to travel to far off lands for this Balin fellow, it's not like a few more days will make any more difference at this point."

With that, Tom helped the Company pack up all their gear and re-emerge from the ravine. Waiting for them at the top were two figures: Bregil, who was huddled near a small fire trying to stay warm, and Fallfyre, who was deeply pondering a skull that the Old Troll had engraved a strange rune into. Laid lazily at her feet was Bruta, enjoying the restful period after their long hunt. Both of them were very relieved to see the others return, and invited them to join them by the fire. Indeed, as the autumn night settled in across the land, a cool breeze flowed through their fingers and numbed their faces. With the need present to transport not one, but two coffins back to Bree, they went to work preparing a horse-drawn sled. Fallfyre, however, proved more adept at this task than the city-dwelling scholar, and by the end of her shift on watch she had woven a large, sturdy cloth out of the firm, wild grasses nearby. It would have to do.

OOC

Roles for Journeys

• GuideIn charge of all decisions concerning route, rest, and supplies. Guides rely on Wisdom and Survival proficiency. - Prudence
  • ScoutIn charge of setting up camp, opening new trails. Scouts rely on Stealth and Investigation. - Fletcher
  • HunterIn charge of finding food in the wild. Hunters rely on success with Survival checks. - Orn
  • Look-outIn charge of keeping watch. Look-outs rely on their abilities in Perception. - Léofwyn

OOC: With that, the Company begins their return journey to Bree! I won't have us make Journey checks, there's really nothing around to threaten you at this point. But, I will give us an opportunity to close out this part of the adventure with a little roleplaying, as you sit around the campfire and ponder all that has come to pass. Feel free to get as much or as little into the mood of this moment as you'd like. I will be moving us along back to Bree once we get everything sorted out in the General OOC thread, or at least until Monday, depending on how much roleplay you all feel like engaging with at this time.

Also, I have updated the Roll20 map with the location of the Old Troll's (former) lair, as well as the Black Barrow and the King's Chair, so feel free to check that out. You can start plotting out your route there at your leisure.

Roll20 Map

To Post: Everyone!

@codexgigas @Grendel @Papa Bear @grimlock

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

"Oh, it's just a bit to the northeast of Bree," answered Tom to Orn. "You'll have plenty of time to travel to far off lands for this Balin fellow, it's not like a few more days will make any more difference at this point."

With that, Tom helped the Company pack up all their gear and re-emerge from the ravine. Waiting for them at the top were two figures: Bregil, who was huddled near a small fire trying to stay warm, and Fallfyre, who was deeply pondering a skull that the Old Troll had engraved a strange rune into. Laid lazily at her feet was Bruta, enjoying the restful period after their long hunt. Both of them were very relieved to see the others return, and invited them to join them by the fire. Indeed, as the autumn night settled in across the land, a cool breeze flowed through their fingers and numbed their faces. With the need present to transport not one, but two coffins back to Bree, they went to work preparing a horse-drawn sled. Fallfyre, however, proved more adept at this task than the city-dwelling scholar, and by the end of her shift on watch she had woven a large, sturdy cloth out of the firm, wild grasses nearby. It would have to do.

OOC

Roles for Journeys

• GuideIn charge of all decisions concerning route, rest, and supplies. Guides rely on Wisdom and Survival proficiency. - Prudence
  • ScoutIn charge of setting up camp, opening new trails. Scouts rely on Stealth and Investigation. - Fletcher
  • HunterIn charge of finding food in the wild. Hunters rely on success with Survival checks. - Orn
  • Look-outIn charge of keeping watch. Look-outs rely on their abilities in Perception. - Léofwyn

OOC: With that, the Company begins their return journey to Bree! I won't have us make Journey checks, there's really nothing around to threaten you at this point. But, I will give us an opportunity to close out this part of the adventure with a little roleplaying, as you sit around the campfire and ponder all that has come to pass. Feel free to get as much or as little into the mood of this moment as you'd like. I will be moving us along back to Bree once we get everything sorted out in the General OOC thread, or at least until Monday, depending on how much roleplay you all feel like engaging with at this time.

Also, I have updated the Roll20 map with the location of the Old Troll's (former) lair, as well as the Black Barrow and the King's Chair, so feel free to check that out. You can start plotting out your route there at your leisure.

Roll20 Map

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

OOC

Roles for Journeys

Roll20 Map

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

OOC

Roles for Journeys

Roll20 Map