Edit History

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

Music: Cardolan - LOTRO Soundtrack

The South Downs - Fall 2947 T.A.

wide-shot-empty-grassy-hills-with-blue-sky-background-daytime_181624-8418.jpg

With the Company reunited, they settled in for a calm, quiet night of rest. Still, being so close to the Old Troll's cave, and knowing the creature was free to roam about in the night, they kept a watch on their camp. During Fletcher's watch, he felt himself tapped on the shoulder from behind. It was Fallfyre, quietly taking a seat next to him as he gazed out over the empty lands of once old Cardolan.

"I am... sorry, to have troubled you all so," she said, quietly clasping at her pendant. "Other thoughts have found their way into my mind. Your kin at Girdley have been most kind and welcoming, and they shall not have seen the last of me. But, something else calls me now, something new. I know not what it is, but I must find it. I cannot spend any longer in Bree, with you all."

She paused then, reaching into her satchel and withdrawing the black tablet she carried. "This stone cannot come with me. I have not your foresight, but there are evil works in these lands, and this is bound to them. I have felt it become cold, like the wind in a dark winter's eve, as long as I lingered in that valley. It is a fell thing... but I trust none other to guard it."

With that, Fallfyre passed the tablet to Fletcher, unwilling to take 'no' for an answer. "I have grown fond of this strange company. I will miss your fellowship, Fletcher. Guide them well. I shall not say 'good-bye', only... farewell for now."

Come the morn, the Company packed up their camp and set out for Bree. Despite their progress being slowed with treasure, neither brigand nor monster hunted them. While the Barrow-downs shall always be a fell place to wander past, they sensed no sudden danger from it, as long as they traveled no further west than the Greenway. With just a few days' march, they arrived back at the town on the hill, much to the amazement of those who knew they departed. For any who stayed in the Pony, they would not find a moment's peace until the townsfolk were satisfied with any tale they had to tell of the events following that strange evening.

Fallfyre, however, did not pass the gates of the town. She slipped away into the night, Bruta giving one final show of affection to the others before trotting away after the woman of 'Rhosgobel'.

OOC

Roles for Journeys

• GuideIn charge of all decisions concerning route, rest, and supplies. Guides rely on Wisdom and Survival proficiency. - Prudence
  • ScoutIn charge of setting up camp, opening new trails. Scouts rely on Stealth and Investigation. - Fletcher
  • HunterIn charge of finding food in the wild. Hunters rely on success with Survival checks. - Orn
  • Look-outIn charge of keeping watch. Look-outs rely on their abilities in Perception. - Léofwyn

OOC: Alright, that'll be a wrap for this part of the adventure! I'll start up an Interlude thread later tonight for our Fellowship Phase.

Roll20 Map

To Post: Everyone!

@codexgigas @Grendel @Papa Bear @grimlock

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

Music: Cardolan - LOTRO Soundtrack

The South Downs - Fall 2947 T.A.

wide-shot-empty-grassy-hills-with-blue-sky-background-daytime_181624-8418.jpg

With the Company reunited, they settled in for a calm, quiet night of rest. Still, being so close to the Old Troll's cave, and knowing the creature was free to roam about in the night, they kept a watch on their camp. During Fletcher's watch, he felt himself tapped on the shoulder from behind. It was Fallfyre, quietly taking a seat next to him as he gazed out over the empty lands of once old Cardolan.

"I am... sorry, to have troubled you all so," she said, quietly clasping at her pendant. "Other thoughts have found their way into my mind. Your kin at Girdley have been most kind and welcoming, and they shall not have seen the last of me. But, something else calls me now, something new. I know not what it is, but I must find it. I cannot spend any longer in Bree, with you all."

She paused then, reaching into her satchel and withdrawing the black tablet she carried. "This stone cannot come with me. I have not your foresight, but there are evil works in these lands, and this is bound to them. I have felt it become cold, like the wind in a dark winter's eve, as long as I lingered in that valley. It is a fell thing... but I trust none other to guard it."

With that, Fallfyre passed the tablet to Fletcher, unwilling to take 'no' for an answer. "I have grown fond of this strange company. I will miss your fellowship, Fletcher. Guide them well. I shall not say 'good-bye', only... farewell for now."

Come the morn, the Company packed up their camp and set out for Bree. Despite their progress being slowed with treasure, neither brigand nor monster hunted them. While the Barrow-downs shall always be a fell place to wander past, they sensed no sudden danger from it, as long as they traveled no further west than the Greenway. With just a few days' march, they arrived back at the town on the hill, much to the amazement of those who knew they departed. For any who stayed in the Pony, they would not find a moment's peace until the townsfolk were satisfied with any tale they had to tell of the events following that strange evening.

Fallfyre, however, did not pass the gates of the town. She slipped away into the night, Bruta giving one final show of affection to the others before trotting away after the woman of 'Rhosgobel'.

OOC

Roles for Journeys

• GuideIn charge of all decisions concerning route, rest, and supplies. Guides rely on Wisdom and Survival proficiency. - Prudence
  • ScoutIn charge of setting up camp, opening new trails. Scouts rely on Stealth and Investigation. - Fletcher
  • HunterIn charge of finding food in the wild. Hunters rely on success with Survival checks. - Orn
  • Look-outIn charge of keeping watch. Look-outs rely on their abilities in Perception. - Léofwyn

OOC: Alright, that'll be a wrap for this part of the adventure! I'll start up an Interlude thread later tonight for our Fellowship Phase.

Roll20 Map

To Post: Everyone!

@codexgigas @Grendel @Papa Bear @grimlock