Closed Game  ·  7 members

James Bond

Around the water cooler (ooc)

Civit

Folks,

Early tomorrow (Sunday the13th) I am moving 13 time zones, permanently (for 3 years) which will impact my immediate posting the next couple of days, and the preparations is why I’ve been slow lately. Once there and settled I will return to normal, though that difference in time will impact relative availability depending on where you are.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for my unresponsiveness as well! I have been prepping for three weeks of meetings, and will be on the road non-stop starting Tuesday. I will try to check in, but basically I will probably be out for until the last week of September. Please feel free to NPC my character Chad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oof, been very quiet. I'm down to about three games that have remained pretty active, so I'm grateful for that. Then a few others that are kind of like this; moving along, but slower than usual.

I really pared down my participation at MW with my new position at work, not knowing what to expect and how much I'd be drained after work... yikes... I don't like it. I am terribly drained after work and I've found I'm just sitting around binging shows with very little writing getting done. About all I do, writing wise, is MW. That's not good (well, it IS good, but not for my other 'work' considering I want to be an RPG designer and/or novelist.)

The good is that I think I've found a pretty decent balance in my games. One of the games I GM is very active and so far that's been fine. The other goes in runs; sometimes all sorts of activity, then slows down for a while. I dropped two games I was GMing, which is a shame because I really liked them... but as we all know, there's more failed games in Play by Post gaming than successful ones.

Yes, I'm in a similar situation, dropped participation in one game already and evaluating others to see if I can stay. The fact that game runs slow is good for me, the commitment is more manageable and those days when I am too tired and unmotivated can pass.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 5:07 PM, Civit said:

I get them for inbox

Mine don't seem to work. I have pretty much every box checked in the Notifications section.
Which section in there should be the relevant one to get emails about posts in the game thread?

image.png.351699a1a1380a11064779548cbcacd8.png