Closed Game  ·  7 members

James Bond

Around the water cooler (ooc)

Civit

There really isn't anything covered in the rules. Since you are all European and they actually encourage bilingualism everyone may choose a second language you can speak. Beyond that treating it as a skill is good. Ill add this to house rules.

Question about the setting: what is the relationship between the UK and the EU? 

Basically, I'd like to know how free we are to travel and carry goods from one place to another within Europe. If the UK is still in the EU, most of Europe will have free passage of goods and people, so zero need to worry about passport control or customs. If Brexit has happened in the game world the situation will be a bit more restrictive.

15 hours ago, Civit said:

There really isn't anything covered in the rules. Since you are all European and they actually encourage bilingualism everyone may choose a second language you can speak. Beyond that treating it as a skill is good. Ill add this to house rules.

There's a note in the sidebar on p. 42 of the rules that says Bond always got around speaking English. But that if someone wants to take languages, separate skills with Intelligence as the characteristic could be the way to go.

For some odd reason I remember from GMing the game 30+ years ago that I had a player who wanted to take sign language as a skill. We did not even know that sign languages vary from one culture to another, instead assuming that it was universal. 

I will add Spanish to my character sheet.

My sister in law is an ASL interpreter for a living. I sent her a funny video when I was in New Zealand that had a woman signing and she said Nope, not even close (the commercial was funny anyway since it had her doing the New Zealand sign language for a colon screening test)

@Civit, thanks for letting me back in. It was blocking me from everything except our game thread -- so I could not get in here to ask for help, could not see my character sheet to check my Primary Chances, etc. The character sheet I do, of course, have an offline copy of. But still. Weird.

Edited by Machete_Matt (see edit history)