Sabine, Queen of Veils (Dip 5/Mil 7/Ind 6/Fth 2/Int 3)
- The Voilese are said to be a little smug about having no lunar deities in their pantheon. Never much trusted the things in the heavens anyway. Better to commune with tangible things like trees and ponds!
- [Industry] Buyout Open TP of Cedar Wood in 207, TP1 (11, Failure) -
- [Industry] Buyout Open TP of Cedar Wood in 207, TP2 (13, Success) -
- [Industry 5] Raise City in 216 - Following decades of somewhat begrudging efforts to embrace mercantilism, the pale folk of the veil have managed to fail forward often enough to unintentionally create a thriving trade hub. Dubbed Port Etranger by captains brave enough to make the crossing from the continent to the mist-shrouded isle, the city grew out of a staging area for the Voilese Sea Rangers, and now serves as an acceptable (if not convenient) place to deal with foreigners. Voilese silk is available at a ruinous price, though the port's main attraction is the assemblage of rare goods plucked from the entire span of Taer Mojr's coastline by the intrepid seafarers. Those returned from the Voile describe a place of haunting and ancient natural beauty amid the constant dull roar of cascades cutting through chalk cliffs.
- [Diplomacy] Contribute to Yon Vaire Language Great Project
- [Diplomacy] Diplomatic Mission NE of 216 (14, Success) - Intrepid sea rangers range intrepidly into unknown waters.
- [Non-Action] Trade Tall Sails to OME for Masonry and Animal Husbandry
Technology: Tall Sails
Units: 3x Valkyries (Wolf, Raven, Bear)
Naval Units: 2x Sea Rangers (1st and 2nd)
I am already dead. This is the guiding sentiment of the Voilese elite warriors, the Valkyries. Death is taken to be the natural state of all things, even the gods. Any deviation from this norm is temporary and will soon be remedied. This logic extends to the time prior to life, and even a gestating fetus is taken to be dead until the moment of the quickening. Therefore, your life is a reprieve granted by your mother and sustained by your sisters. That sisterhood is the only thing that makes you any different from a kit ripped from its warren by a she-wolf with whelps to feed. Far better to be like the wolf.
Valkyrie regiments take the name of patron animal. Thirteen escadrilles compose a regiment and each consists of seventeen full fledged Valkyries, plus as many as seven teenage cadettes, and three senior advisors too old or maimed for combat. Escadrilles function more or less independently with the three fiercest groups supported by a left wing, a right wing, and a relief or rearguard; and the fleetest group left to respond to openings as the battle progresses.