Applications

Civit

6 hours ago, Grendel said:

I'm interested.  I presume we are all British Secret Service (MI6) and will we start at Rookie or Agent level?  Are you using the Victory games rule set?

Yes the VG rules. Yes rookie. Characters and die rolls will be more a guide than a hard rule. For me, the cinematic nature of James Bond is what I'm going for 

A little background. I like to work that into the stories as well. For example, I had someone who's background was as a street racer so I worked in a little Fast and the Furious vibe into the story. 

Whether it be family, former profession, an odd hobby just some detail I can use to enrich the plot

How does this work:

spacer.png

Chastity Chase is not her birth name, of course, but it has a nice ring to it, and she prefers that. In any case, she can no longer use her birth name, that person is long gone.  Her mother was Japanese, her father worked British intelligence (MI6) in Japan, mostly focused on PRC and North Korea issues. They returned to England where Chastity was born, though Daddy often went away on long business trips.   He still hasn’t returned from the last one. 

As an only child Chastity absorbed everything her parents would teach her, but she was also lonely and felt ostracized by British society, not quite fitting in.  She took to 'acting' out to get back at society, though she wasn’t good at fighting, her antics ran more into theft and pranking.  In some cases, both as she would frame hr bullies for thefts to get them in trouble.  After her mother died (pneumonia) she decided to put her talents into a better standard of living, stealing to support a more glamorous lifestyle.  Inexperienced, she was caught by the police after only a few years and that is when MI6 brought her in.

Since her father was with MI6 they were watching her and recruited her when they saw the extent of her abilities, “disappearing” her from police records.  Now she uses her talents in the service of Queen and Country, and she is happy to finally be accepted into British society (though how much she really is accepted remains to be seen.)  Now she lives an affluent (if not wealthy) lifestyle as part of her cover.  She has a boyfriend, Nigel Bellamy, who is a perfect gentleman and who believes she is a proper lady.  The poor sap regularly gets into trouble “defending” her without realizing that he is far more inept than she.  She lets him believe he saves her, covering up any time she has to save him, and gives him the proper thanks and encouragement for being gallant.

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)

Looks good so far. Just put together a character sheet. I would say with her background she has a +2 bonus to Local customs when the subject is Korea or Japan. And while it's not really covered in the rules anywhere, you would be fluent in Japanese and Korean.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to get in on this. I used to run JB007 back in the 80s, both published adventures as well as some short ones of my own making. Have not been a player in it before. Also haven't played RPGs by forum message since the early 90s, back then it was on a BBS I called with a modem...

Would much prefer to play duo than solo, but created a pretty standard rookie agent just in case, so either is doable.

Charles "Chas" Rogget

English
Went to the Harrow School, then Cambridge for Uni.
Excelled more in sports than in his academic studies, but did graduate in the average time with a degree in economics.

Joined British naval intelligence and eventually reached the rank of Lieutenant Commander. However, Chas was getting tired of analysis paralysis and wanted to have some action and get into the field instead of telling underlings to examine the tonnages of grain shipped between Africa and Asia. 

Through his network of schoolmates Chas managed to get into training for MI6, in which he excelled. He has been assigned to the agency's London headquarters, where he has distinguished himself as a skilled analyst -- after all, that is old hat to him. He is very much looking forward to his first field assignment. He looks forward to continuing to serve king and country and to protect the world from the forces of evil.

Secretagentman2.jpg.cd11b7bbae037338940c7eb19b90c894.jpg

Haven't made the team ups yet but so far there are an odd number that have expressed interest so duos filling up 😛

Just need character sheet. If you have issues with formatting (and if the info is there I'm not picky) just ask

Chastity would not like to be called "Chas."  She is accustomed to being referred to simply as "Chase" though.  Chas does look pretty dreamy, good thing she doesn't have the weakness of attraction to members of the opposite sex.  A bit of a dated name for it, but fits the genre.

image.jpeg.c68ba6ac68a7419953d3b4f88c4419c6.jpegCorbin Hertz - Ex S.A.S.

Corbin enlisted in the British military right out of Secondary School, forgoing an opportunity for Higher Education.  Corbin's family was poor and at the time, was in desperate need.  Corbin's decision allowed him to send nearly his entire salary to his mother while still being 'taken care of' in the British Military... and he had always wanted to serve his country anyway.

Corbin's many talents gained him quick recognition by his superiors and he was soon invited into the UKSF, British Special Forces where he performed many classified jobs with the S.A.S.  He'd served with distinction but had grown weary of the service and the regimented hierarchy and regulations.  The opportunity to join the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) reinvigorated his desire to serve as he'd still be given covert missions but would gain a greater degree of autonomy to carry out his mission objectives, which he desired.

Here is my basic concept. I'll post more as I come up with it. I don't know how to put the photo at the top, or how to resize it.

Elaine Nelson

Background:
Elaine is a field agent with the CIA, participating in an agent exchange program with MI6. An only child, her father was a Green Beret who wanted a son, but had to "settle" for a daughter. He has done a good job of making her a surrogate boy.  She is a no-nonsense, take-charge kind of person, yet she thinks before she acts. She always plays it cool, so cool in fact that some of the guys at the Agency are convinced she must be a lesbian. (She's actually asexual.) She does have a few passions - cats, Star Trek, and Doctor Who. She's daring and there's very little she's afraid of.

Sex: Female
Appearance:
---hair: blond
---height: 5'11" 
---build: slender, but muscular 
---eyes: aqua blue
At first appearance, she is beautiful, and could pass as a fashion model. On closer inspection, she is as graceful as a jungle cat, and exudes just a hint of danger that makes her all the more intriguing.

Jeri Ryan.jpg

Edited by Moondragon007 (see edit history)