Adventure 1 epilogue - Sundial circumstances

At the mage towers in the academy, magical symbols surged as one by one, those who had been sent by Merlin to extract Santa Claus were returning with the patron having successfully liberated the old man from his captivity. The first one out was Merida who was still in an excited state because of the big battle

merida-brave-pixar-disney-art-artinsights.jpgPrincess Merida of DunBroch - Character Sheet | Application
checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | health-normal.svg HP: 25/52 | awareness.svg PP: 19 | walking-boot.svg Speed: 35ft | 
The wildfire of a princess blinked as she apparated mid shout while drawing back another arrow.
She let it fly into the ceiling then spun with a laugh, her hair bouncing as she very animatedly explained what had happened "Tha' was so Great! Hah-Haahh, it was all like, I'm thee queen tsk tsk, sniff sniff, proper proper, Oogie was No way lady, then Sea witch sundial of Cornhusks! then woosh! Boogie man, groows liake all huuge 'n giantastic, Rawr I got a wheel an Iam ful o' bugs that'll gitcha! Yishan was all boom-boom-boom like she had a dozen arms in a blur around her, and I was all like pew pew pew, arrows raining death upon the giant pincushion an... oh man, that was wicked. I though Mordu was a walking furry demon, but Oogie, too bad he'd make such an ugly head on a wall... but that was just awesome...!" She spun around around again excitedly despite her hopefully mild concussion and too bloody attire, then flopped into whatever might pass for a chair nearby. 
"But thanks Professor Merlin! That was some expert bippity boppitying for sure, it would take me a million years to do that sort of magic." She squited at him a second. "How old are you, probably not half tha?"

Merlin sighed "don't ask me my dear child, I've lost count... too many times traveling between eras to really know how old I am."

spacer.pngYichan Su | Variant Human Monk (Way of Open Hand) 6

AC 17 | HP 30/51 | Speed 55ft | PP 16 | Init +6 | Ki 3/6

Yichan stays in her combative forms for a moment longer, but exits out of her stance upon being certain that danger has passed. She looks around to make sure everyone has returned, specifically Santa Claus, then she bows before the great wizard: "Master Merlin, we have returned with the Patron, and also with dire news." Then she proceeds to report on their findings in great details, with emphasis on the new powers of Oogie Boogie's dice and the plans of the Queen. "As I can gather, it is of utmost importance that we retrieve the artifact from the Sea Witch. However, if I may humbly inquire, how was the sundial stolen?"

spacer.png

Kronk

HP: 48/56 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +1 | Stealth: +1 | Armor Class: 19

Thankfully, Christmas comes early for all as Santa gifts them starlight to help ease their wounds. Not a moment too soon, Merlin's magic whisks them away from the melee and they are back in safety. While Merida gushes with excitement about their adventure, Kronk sits down and heaves a big sigh of relief. That had been a close thing on multiple accounts!

"Don't be disappointed, big guy. That Oogly Boogerhead had to cheat just to stay in the fight," his shoulder devil reassures him. "And as Santa demonstrated for us, the wicked will always receive their just reward," his shoulder adds.

"Thanks for the ointment, Mister Merlin, sir. It was a literal lifesaver," Kronk says aloud to the elderly wizard. Thankfully, Yichan is as level-headed as ever and gives the report along with asking the big question.

Edited by Prehysterical
Text formatting (see edit history)

Merlin listened to Yichan report and the expression on his face is frozen like a stone, "how was the sundial stolen." He echoed in shock "It can't be stolen. there's magic in place that prevents anyone from stealing it. They have to go through a strict process to even get access to the vault and they need my permission and authorization to do it."

Santa hummed "mind you Merlin, I truly do wish to believe that the villains were bluffing to throw us off on their true intentions however something about how both Queen Grimhilde and Oogie Boogie spoke when they said the Sea Witch Ursula has it, they were speaking the truth."

Merlin became displeased "I will get to the bottom of this right now." He twirled his wand and pointed at the smoke in the air to show an image of Megara and Hercules having a peaceful lunch like meal in a garden like area

"Megara, this is Merlin, I need you to report to the mage tower immediately."

Megara sighed on the image and looked straight ahead as if she knew where to look. "Merlin I'm on my afternoon meal break unless it's a dire emergency can it wait."

Merlin soured slightly "just tell me one thing young lady, tell me the Sundial of Cronus is in the vault."

Hercule turned attentive.

Megara exhaled "did you forget already? The envoy from Atlantica came for it about a week ago."

"Envoy from Atlantica?!" Santa, Merlin and Hercules all exclaimed in surprise

"uh yeah... some fish girl came in with a scroll signed by Triton himself saying that the sundial was targeted for a plot of evil and that it would be safer under the sea with him."

Merlin grunted "How come I wasn't informed of this."

"uh I sent you a message over the network, you responded with an okay, I even took the scroll she had and put it on your desk for you to see later."

"I never received such a message... or any scroll" Merlin stated 

"um Merlin..." Hazel's meek voice spoke up "I saw the message. I responded with the okay because I thought that since it was from Triton that you would approve."

"Hazel..." Arthur muttered 

"well he was in one of his trances and I didn't want to disturb him." Hazel replied

"and what about the scroll." Merlin asked his pupil

"Never saw a scroll," Hazel reported 

Megara made a noise "I swear I put a scroll smack dab on the center of your desk, I even put that paperweight of an owl house you keep for your owl on it so that it wouldn't fly off."

Merlin blinked "wait a moment I remember Archimedes asking why his house was on the middle of my desk. I didn't have a reason."

Megara hummed "you know for an important document it did seem a little light but it looked like a signed document with Triton's signature and everything"

Santa frowned "It seems they weren't lying after all. That Sea Witch must have disguised herself and taken the Sundial using an illusion to trick everyone into believing it was an authorized transfer." 

Merlin growled "and if a belief occurs then the security magic doesn't react."

Megara hummed "you know now that I think about it... there was something else odd about the whole thing."

"What?" Merlin stated 

"well this Titaness uh... Themis came by the day after, on a whole secret mission to acquire the sundial but when I told her the same thing she blew off into a mass of smoke. I just chalked it up to the gods not communicating with each other or something."

Hercules hummed "Themis... I think my father would have told me if she was coming. I would have greeted her," 

Megara hummed "yeah I was going to tell you wonderboy but it slipped my mind."

Merlin hummed "I should have been notified about that as well."

Megara groaned "don't you ever see any of your messages or are your two pupils more tech savvy then you. Anyways she talked to the princesses who are in charge of the academy and they called me. I would have thought they told you."

Merlin growled "I'm about this close to blowing myself to Bermuda..." He grumbled 

Santa hummed "take me with you Merlin I could use the vacation after the ordeal I went through." 

Merlin exhaled 

Hercules hummed "Merlin do you want me to message my father, I'm sure he would want to be informed of this."

Merlin hummed "no no, let me talk to King Triton first and hope that the envoy was sent by him although given how things are going. I wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves in some dire circumstances...

Megara chuckled "don't you mean Sundial circumstances but what are you all worried about it's not like the Sundial can be used willy nilly right. You have to have some pretty advanced magic and have divine blood or something"

Hercules hummed "Ursula is the daughter of Poseidon and despite things is a very accomplished mage. If anyone could use it, she could..."

Megara moaned "wow... no wonder she went for it... what do you think she would use it for"

Santa hummed "if it was anything like what was told. She plans to rewrite fates by endings told." He looked at Merlin "not only could she affect her own story. She could most likely affect the story of others and what bothers me the most is that she could go after everyone hero and villain alike."

Merlin hummed "she's most likely plotting plans even as we speak."

Princess Calla Dunwyn

marc-elliott-l-hommedieu-disneycalla.jpg.cc57bf7622ea4045003fb817ce94fbe7.jpg

When they had made there way back with the teleportation magic, Calla had taken the time to clean her sword and listen to the others talk. Oogie had been tough, but with some help from Santa, they had been able to hold off long enough. Now they had this new information which had her thinking that Ursula most likely had the sundial in question, King Triton would just end up confirming the case one way or the other. "I'm glad that we're out of there, but I have a feeling that we'll be heading out again soon." The blonde princess didn't have more to add, the others had done a great job of covering all their bases. "We didn't end up using the potions of Climbing, want them back Merlin?"

Character Sheet

Calla Dunwyn
Human Fighter: Banneret 6 Good

AC 19 HP 52/52 Speed 30ft(20ft in armour) 

Str 16 (3) Dex 13 (1) Con 16 (3) Wis 12 (1) Int 10 (0) Cha 14 (2)

Variant Human, Free skill: Acrobatics.
Background Skills: History, Persuasion.
Fighter Skills: Athletics, Perception.
Languages: Common, language 1(Sylvan), language 2(exchanged for prof with calligraphy tools)

Resilient:
Choose one ability score(Charisma). You gain the following benefits:
Increase the chosen ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain proficiency in saving throws using the chosen ability

Position of Privilege:
Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.

Fighting Style:
Defense. While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.

Second Wind:
You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.
Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge
Starting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action.

Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

Rallying Cry:
When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you learn how to inspire your allies to fight on past their injuries.

When you use your Second Wind feature, you can choose up to three creatures within 60 feet of you that are allied with you. Each one regains hit points equal to your fighter level, provided that the creature can see or hear you.

ASI 4th level:
Strength and Wisdom +1

Charger:
When you use your action to Dash, you can use a bonus action to make one melee weapon attack or to shove a creature. If you move at least 10 feet in a straight line immediately before taking this bonus action, you either gain a +5 bonus to the attack’s damage roll (if you chose to make a melee attack and hit) or push the target up to 10 feet away from you (if you chose to shove and you succeed).

Extra Attack:
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level in this class and to four when you reach 20th level in this class.

ASI 6th level:
Constitution and Dexterity +1

Edited by Habsfan (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Kronk

HP: 48/56 | Initiative: +1 | Perception: +1 | Stealth: +1 | Armor Class: 19

Even if Kronk doesn't understand half of what is going on, what little he can glean is that things are bad. The ability to rewrite fate... If Izma could get her hands on something like that, Kuzco's days on this Earth would be very numbered.

"Calla's right! If this magical artifact can reshape time and reality like phyllo dough, we don't have time to spare... literally!"

Kronk thought that saving Christmas was excitement enough for one day, but the whole world being at stake? It doesn't matter if he can't the heat, because the whole world was the proverbial kitchen in this case.

Merlin sighed "let us not rush into things, the sundial while powerful and in the wrong hands very dangerous, it does comes with several magical wards that prevent its use. Nevertheless I am going to making contact with several people informing them that we might have a bigger situation on our hands then what was previously thought. However your work today is appreciated and if we need some heroes I know who to turn to."

Santa hummed "indeed, you all have my gratitude and if you all ever need a boost in a time of need, remember this, there is a mighty star that always shines in the night. This star when called upon gives those who are in the right the power they need to overcome all who do wrong."

~~~

Kingdom Squad members have unlocked the ability Stellar blessing

Stellar Blessing: While in a critical health state (below 50% HP) you may trigger stellar blessing through the following options no action required. You may use each option once per short or long rest

If you miss with an attack roll, or miss with a saving throw, you can add 2d4 to the roll. 

If you are being healed add your character  level times 5 to the amount restored.

If you are about to be hit by an attack increase your AC by 5

~~~

OOC: adventure complete, I'll see about getting your next one up within 48 hours