Welcome!

eltorin

Public Service Announcement:

It's been a week and a day since Ratwalk has logged in, so I kind of consider him M.I.A at this point. I'm afraid this makes it impossible for us to continue, as this is not an especially long adventure even in PBP terms, but 80% of it is an investigation like the one we were supposed to start.

I'm sad to prematurely end our endeavor, but it cannot work with two players and we didn't have any more applications (at all). I'm sorry that you don't get to see the end.

I'll probably end this game in the next few days once I figure out how to do that. This was my first feeble attempt to GM here on MW, but also probably the last, so I thank you for your attendance, @Intro @Llyarden .

Ah, well. Don't feel particularly discouraged - player attrition is seemingly unavoidable. It probably works out best to start with about 50% more players than you want to end up with. That makes it especially tricky when you're using less mainstream systems. So you made your first attempt on Ultra-Hard Mode. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for making the attempt, in any case. Look forward to seeing you around as a player!

Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot, truly! Yes, I know I started on a steep incline (especially as having three players altogether applying), but that's why I probably won't end up advertising any other games I would GM, as basically any one of them would be similar to Ascendant in that regard (my purpose with GMing, be it PBP or IRL is to shed some light on some lesser known games I like - with not much success, I might add).

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

I mean, if that's what you're aiming for, I guess one possibility would be to just run a game for a smaller number of people and let them control multiple characters to make up the balance if needed? People can read along with these games, after all (well unless you make it closed/private/etc.)