Edit History

prophane

prophane

Location: Abandoned farmhouse on the long and lonely road between Marsakeer and Rookroostimage.png.f1bb679ac97ff73771b1fa39411ffd8d.png
Date: Sunday, Second of Growfest (festival week)
Time: half past 6 in the morning
Weather: Cold, 40°, partly cloudy skies and strong wind out of the southwest
Sunrise/set: just after 6am/ just before 6:30pm

image.png

Amira, Spice MerchantAmira shakes her head at Nessia's question. "Of course, the only 'official' religion in Rookroost is the slavish worship of Iuz, but I believe there is a temple to the Lady of Our Fate in the Inner City, but would probably be closed to worship. I believe that the reverence of Istus is even observed by Iuzians, if only barely so, still, no one can doubt her importance. As far as safe houses, I do not know, but I would imagine some such group exists. My suggestion for you would be to just not flaunt your affiliation. Rookroost is FAR from Dorakaa and the Old One himself, and most folk here are just trying to live their lives and make some coin. But come, let us be on our way, we will arrive at the City of Ravens in just a few short days, barring any further excitement on the road."

Location: the road from Marsakeer approaching Rookroost from the east
Date: Godsday, Fourth of Growfest (festival week)
Time: just before sunset
Weather: Cool, 50°, partly cloudy skies and moderate wind out of the northwest

The next two days travel do pass without incident and by midday of Godsday, the Fourth of Growfest, the tall towers of the Black Winged City can be seen against the gray, overcast sky. Black birds, the city's namesakes, fly here and there in large flocks, often found congregating near what is probably animal remains.

As the small traveling band approaches the city, Amira sighs, "I had hoped to get here before nightfall. The Gate will be closed by the time we get there. I have a contact at the Funery Gate, around on the west side of the city. We'll skirt Outwall and come in with the morning rush." Ahead, several wooden structures can be seen near a wide, flat spot where the road widens. Beyond this area, what looks like a tent city crowds around the actual stone walls of Rookroost. Amira points out that the wide, flat spot is the Bazaar, one of the largest and most chaotic open air markets in all of the Flanaess. She notes that the wooden structures are the holding pens for the slave market that goes on during the day, shaking her head and spitting on the ground, clearly not a fan of slave markets. The ravens are even more prevalent here, though there are other, larger things seen flying about the sky closer to the city.

gmjasongurps_a_fantasy_refugee_city_made_of_tents_and_temporary_86df5742-cb58-43d7-829d-acf33874c292.png

She keep the group moving around the northern end of the city and the shanty town around it. Whenever the wagon starts to slow down, groups of poor and hungry looking people begin moving toward it. Amira quickly keeps things moving. Most of the other followers of the wagon have since dispersed once they arrives at the outskirts of the city, only those few Amira has hired on as guards for the final leg remain.

Up ahead, a large stone structure looms. It is clearly the largest structure outside of the city walls. Amira explains that it is the Arena, grown from simple fighting pits in the ground to an amphitheater that seats several thousand. As she guides her oxen around the far edge of this gladiatorial establishment, she pulls up on the reins quickly as a group of people appear right in front of her. "Oh, shit," she mutters quietly under her breath.

"Hail Iuz!" a robed figure calls out in the deepening darkness of the evening. It is a Iuzian Patrol and looks to consist of two robed Humans leading about 10 Orc soldiers. Three hunched, fully hooded beings shuffle around near the two Humans, but they make no sound, and a keen eye shows that the Orcs prefer to keep their distance from them.

OOC:

Character Status

Arwi HP 12/12 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (1) ||

Finn HP 10/10 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (0) ||

Iranna HP HP 9/9 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/8 (0) ||

Kelarith HP 12/12 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Nessia HP 12/12 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

prophane

prophane

Location: Abandoned farmhouse on the long and lonely road between Marsakeer and Rookroostimage.png.f1bb679ac97ff73771b1fa39411ffd8d.png
Date: Sunday, Second of Growfest (festival week)
Time: half past 6 in the morning
Weather: Cold, 40°, partly cloudy skies and strong wind out of the southwest

image.png

Amira, Spice MerchantAmira shakes her head at Nessia's question. "Of course, the only 'official' religion in Rookroost is the slavish worship of Iuz, but I believe there is a temple to the Lady of Our Fate in the Inner City, but would probably be closed to worship. I believe that the reverence of Istus is even observed by Iuzians, if only barely so, still, no one can doubt her importance. As far as safe houses, I do not know, but I would imagine some such group exists. My suggestion for you would be to just not flaunt your affiliation. Rookroost is FAR from Dorakaa and the Old One himself, and most folk here are just trying to live their lives and make some coin. But come, let us be on our way, we will arrive at the City of Ravens in just a few short days, barring any further excitement on the road."

Location: the road from Marsakeer approaching Rookroost from the east
Date: Godsday, Fourth of Growfest (festival week)
Time: just before sunset
Weather: Cool, 50°, partly cloudy skies and moderate wind out of the northwest

The next two days travel do pass without incident and by midday of Godsday, the Fourth of Growfest, the tall towers of the Black Winged City can be seen against the gray, overcast sky. Black birds, the city's namesakes, fly here and there in large flocks, often found congregating near what is probably animal remains.

As the small traveling band approaches the city, Amira sighs, "I had hoped to get here before nightfall. The Gate will be closed by the time we get there. I have a contact at the Funery Gate, around on the west side of the city. We'll skirt Outwall and come in with the morning rush." Ahead, several wooden structures can be seen near a wide, flat spot where the road widens. Beyond this area, what looks like a tent city crowds around the actual stone walls of Rookroost. Amira points out that the wide, flat spot is the Bazaar, one of the largest and most chaotic open air markets in all of the Flanaess. She notes that the wooden structures are the holding pens for the slave market that goes on during the day, shaking her head and spitting on the ground, clearly not a fan of slave markets. The ravens are even more prevalent here, though there are other, larger things seen flying about the sky closer to the city.

She keep the group moving around the northern end of the city and the shanty town around it. Whenever the wagon starts to slow down, groups of poor and hungry looking people begin moving toward it. Amira quickly keeps things moving. Most of the other followers of the wagon have since dispersed once they arrives at the outskirts of the city, only those few Amira has hired on as guards for the final leg remain.

Up ahead, a large stone structure looms. It is clearly the largest structure outside of the city walls. Amira explains that it is the Arena, grown from simple fighting pits in the ground to an amphitheater that seats several thousand. As she guides her oxen around the far edge of this gladiatorial establishment, she pulls up on the reins quickly as a group of people appear right in front of her. "Oh, shit," she mutters quietly under her breath.

"Hail Iuz!" a robed figure calls out in the deepening darkness of the evening. It is a Iuzian Patrol and looks to consist of two robed Humans leading about 10 Orc soldiers. Three hunched, fully hooded beings shuffle around near the two Humans, but they make no sound, and a keen eye shows that the Orcs prefer to keep their distance from them.

OOC:

Character Status

Arwi HP 12/12 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (1) ||

Finn HP 10/10 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 5/9 (0) ||

Iranna HP HP 9/9 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 5/8 (0) ||

Kelarith HP 12/12 FP 10/10 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||

Nessia HP 12/12 FP 12/12 Combat Move/Dodge 4/7 (1) ||