Part I: Atuity's Fall

Peff

Red looks visibly shocked when Phelar calls them annoying "Hey...you said this would be easy! They'd just give up!" When she slashes across an arm with her knife, you're pretty sure you can see their lip quivering "I didn't sign up for this!" Eri's shot at Red's feet seals the deal and they start making to run the other way.

The leader looks out over the rooftops...rolls their eyes, and then flies away in the opposite direction. Red and Green will retreat, if you don't pursue or otherwise keep them engaged. They technically need to wait their turns to run but they're making their intent clear. You may still fire at them if you wish. Next up for this would be Jikjak and Nils.

COMBAT OVER?

As a whole, there's are some wounds to deal with, Jikjak having taken the brunt of it. The vehicles are also a little worse for wear. There is effectively only 1 body to loot, that of one of the snipers:

• 1x Survival Knife
  • 1x Tactical Shirren-Eye Rifle
  • 25x Longarm/Sniper rounds
  • 1x Smoke Grenade
  • 1x Serum of Healing Mk 1
  • 1x EJ Hardsuit, Utility armor
  • 1x Jump Jet armor upgrade (in armor)

If you wish to take a 10m to get back stamina, please sped the RP to do so. Would you like to continue to the Factory as is?

⚕️ After Action Report ⚕️

Jikjak  0/10 SP 7/12 HP
Nils 7/14 SP 
Shawkra Good
Phelar 3/10 SP 
Eri  6/12 SP 15/16 HP

Vehicles
Walker 12/20 HP
Enercycle 10/15 HP

--==MAP==--

PC Statistics

Nils: Combat Expertise Envoy 2

Eri: Exocortex Mechanic 2

Jikjak: Fragmented Past Precog 2

Shawkra: Bombard Soldier 2

Phelar: Phrenic Adept Technomancer 2

APC: Good.

Vehicle Stats

APC                                                              Level 3
Huge Land Vehicle (10 ft. wide, 20 ft. long, 7 ft. high)
Speed 20 ft., full 200 ft., 24 mph (land)
EAC 16; KAC 18; Cover Total
HP 33 (16); Hardness 6
Attack (Collision) 7d4 B (DC 11)
Attack Merc NIL Grenade Launcher (-)
Attack Tactical Rail Cannon (1d10 P; critical Bleed 1d4)
Modifiers -3 Piloting, -3 attack (-5 at full speed)
Systems Additional Seating, Weapon Mount, Short-range Comm Unit; Passengers 6

Transport Truck                                         Level 1
Huge Land Vehicle (8 ft. wide, 20 ft. long, 10 ft. high)
Speed 25 ft., full 500 ft., 60 mph (land)
EAC 12; KAC 14; Cover Normal
HP 14 (7); Hardness 5
Attack (Collision) 5d4 B (DC 9)
Modifiers -3 Piloting, -4 attack (-6 at full speed)
Systems Additional Seating; Passengers 18

Scout Walker                                             Level 2
Large Land Vehicle (5 ft. wide, 6 ft. long, 10 ft. high)
Speed 25 ft., full 250 ft., 25 mph (land)
EAC 13; KAC 15; Cover Improved
HP 20 (10); Hardness 5
Attack (Collision) 5d4 B (DC 11)
Modifiers +1 Piloting, -2 attack (-6 at full speed)
Systems Additional Seating; Passengers 3

Custom Enercycle                                  Level   2
Price 1,782
Large Land Vehicle (5 ft. wide, 10 ft. long, 3 ft. high)
Speed 30 ft., full 600 ft., 60 mph (land)
EAC 10; KAC 12; Cover Partial
HP 15 (7); Hardness 5
Attack (Collision) 5d4 B (DC 11)
Modifiers +2 Piloting, -1 attack (-3 at full speed)
Systems Personnel Enclosure; Passengers 1

spacer.png

"Bastard," Nils growled when he got up to the roof level only to see the nominal leader of the ambushers already flying away. Deprived of his target and not about to waste any further ammo trying to pick off the retreating bandits, Nils began the process of marching back down the stairs.

"Eri, Jikjak, Phelar, Shawkra, sound off. How are we doing?"

OOC

SP: 7/14  |  HP: 12/16  |  RP 3/3

Semi-Auto (Manual Sight): 9/9

Handcannon: 1/1

Jikjak Whiptail

Jikjak glared daggers at the fleeing bandits, tracking them with his rifle until they were well out of range. It was only then that he he slid down behind the controls, grimacing and clutching his gunshot wound.spacer.png

"Laoshufayatha...Still up and kicking, Sarge. But one of those snipers got me good. Going to need some privacy to switch into that new set of armor I found. Wouldn't mind a serum, either. But unless we get into another firefight while I've got my pants down, I don't think Pharasma's going to be calling in my debts any time soon."

He briefly pulls his hand back away, wincing as he sees it coated in blood.

"Eri took a few decent hits, too. But I think our rides are the ones that took the most damage."

Show tabletop...

OOC details and explanations of rolls

Eri Atuitous

ED333369-463E-4259-AEA4-CB03A4F95D27.jpeg.0fe084caccda03316b368089d8d2aaed.jpegEri can be heard over the comms spitting a mouthful of something off to the side.

"Yes, I'm fine.

I've had actual spacefaring ships beat me up worse working on them than a few ragtag bandits."

"... That is to say, we're ragtag, but we're not bandits. We're survivors."

They soon gather in with the rest, meeting Shawkra along the way.

"Well, the resident hippie's not looking well.

At least they're, whatchamacallit... a walking wounded, was it?"

"But we won't be getting our ace racer back anytime soon, no."

"Or bullet-hole-free rides, man, screw those bandits. Next time I see one, I'm running them over with the APC."

Edited by m3owdy (see edit history)

Phelar Morilla

spacer.pngPhelar lifted her goggles from her eyes, putting them a bit above her forehead as she looked back towards Eri giving her a thumbs up as if to say thanks for the assist.

Then she heard Nils call over the communicator. "I'm fine. Nothing a few minute rest won't help. The 'cycle will need some patch up, but it's nothing I can't handle. Same for the walker from what I can see from where I am."

She look at Shawkra and lift a brow. "I'm good. Really. Took a hammer hit, but it was nothing." The petite blonde said with a shrug as she twirled her survival knife in one hand, then holstered it and her pistol. "Oh hey, there is a grenade launcher right there you might like Shawkra." She said pointing to where Red dropped their grenade launcher.

spacer.png

"Alright everyone, let's pull the vehicles out of sight, get the civvies up here, and take ten. Check for injuries and breathe for a minute. Going forward, let's keep the vehicles back for the next leg and form up an infantry screen," Nils ordered as he rejoined the others.

OOC

Edited by Mister Doctor (see edit history)

Phelar Morilla

spacer.pngPhelar glanced at Nil's a moment lifting a delicate blonde brow as she did so. "You sure we should leave the vehicles unguarded? Or are we using the civilians for that?" 

OOC:

Phelar will use an RP to regain her stamina.

That will leave her with 3 of 4 remaining.

Edited by Kyper007 (see edit history)

spacer.png

"Infantry screen means some of us move on foot with the vehicles. I want them behind us though. Getting them shot to hell won't help us and forming up an infantry screen lets us be more flexible if we start taking fire at the cost of raw speed," Nils explained.

OOC

You keep your eyes open but there are no signs of the remaining bandits, nor anything else, along the way. Keeping the vehicles and civilian entourage in tow, you arrive at the  shipping hub. You hear Niirbetvye say something harsh in reaction.

The Shipping Hub is little more than a series of craters, to the point that that it looks like it was actively targeted rather than the victim of poor targeting solutions. Three remaining walls form the "skeleton" of the building, while bits of stone, metal, and other non-identifiable pieces of debris are strewn throughout the surrounding area.

Your initial hope had been to find more vehicles here but that doesn't look possible now. Neer goes and pokes errantly at bits of debris. 

You have a few options for going through the area. As ever, open to other checks and ideas.

Engineering (ID Tech DC 15)

You ascertain the remains of several small vehicles from the debris, you gather these are the autonomous transports Niirbetvye described to you. You also note the remains of several service drones and heavy manufacturing equipment.

Please roll a d100. If multiple PCs make this check, you may each roll a d100.

Perception DC 15

Looking through the remains, you find:

Scrap that could serve as spare parts, amounting to 500 UPB toward vehicle repairs or creation only. 

1x Engineering Specialty Toolkit (armorcrafting) (with the broken condition)

1x Gun Emplacement (with the broken condition)

1x Data Core (also with the broken condition)

Previous Check DC 20+

You find an odd amount of vegetation, given the the state of the rest of the area. Though this could just be due to the aggressive nature of Kehtarian plant life

Life Science DC 21 

You recognize a purple flower. You found a similar petal at the garage, attached to the cargo loader. 

While you go about these tasks, everyone's comm unit comes to life. There is then static and then a short, almost patriotic sounding fanfare before a voice starts playing:

"Citizens of Kehtaria. The conflict of the last couple of days is most unfortunate and weighs heavily on my heart. However, I would like to take this opportunity to restate our allegiance to the Azlanti Star Empire, as a colony of that great and glorious Empire. Do not fear the vesk incursion, nor their unprovoked attack upon our city. Know that we will rebuild, as we are so used to doing. Never fear. May we all find prosperity in our glorious service to the Empire!"

The fanfare plays again before the transmission cuts out.

Edited by Peff (see edit history)

Shawkra

ShawkraL2HvyArmor_token.png.27f8f8f0a31b7b4db4c0509e34d07496.pngShawkra takes point on the travel to the remains of the shipping hub.  He'll help search around for anything that might have survived the bombardment.

"Hey Phelar, think you can use your mojo to get this emplacement working again?  Having a second heavy weapon might be useful, particularly on that walker." as he waves the bent up and battered remains of a motorized tripod and supporting electronics and control pad.

Edited by rmorgens
Riffing off items found (see edit history)
Name
Perception DC15
1d20+4 11
Engineering ID Tech DC15
1d20+5 11
Check from Engineering success
1d100 56

spacer.png

"Damn... Damn!" Nils grumbled to himself at the sight of the shipping center in ruins. Of course their primary objective would not be intact, that would make things too easy. He took a moment to get himself back under control.

"Let's fan out and see if there is anything still salvageable. Keep in line of sight with each other. Last thing we need is another attempt at a bushwhacking."

OOC

Name
Engineering DC 15
1d20+5 7
Perception DC 15
1d20+7 9
Sense Motive
1d20+5 15
Profession (Soldier)
1d20+5 12

Phelar Morilla

spacer.pngPhelar looked towards the blasted out buildings and frowned. "This makes finding a functioning terminal more difficult. If anyone finds one, let me know ASAP." She began to look around the carnage for anything of worth and functioning.

When Shawkra calls to her she looks in his direction at what he has found, lifting a brow. "I most definitely can get that emplacement running again. Given time I could even mount it on the walker as a permanent weapon for it. Replace one of the lower arms with it, and it would be omni-directional. Give me more time and I could fabricate it into a gunpod type deal of sorts." She said with a nod. "What I am most interested in though, is that." She said pointing to the data core he had found.

OOC:

Resolve: 3/4

Stamina: 10/10

Hit Points: 14/14

Diadem of Desna uses: 1/1

Minor Psychic Power Uses: 3/3

1st Level Spell Uses: 3/3

Tactical Semi-Auto Pistol Rounds: 8/9 Loaded  60/60 in pack

Edited by Kyper007 (see edit history)
Name
Engineering Roll
1d20+8 12
Perception Roll
1d20+0 2
Check from Engineering Success
1d100 63

Jikjak Whiptail

"Sweet Shelyn's colors..."spacer.png

Jikjak looks over the devastation, before bringing the walker cockpit down to dismount. He slowly slides down against one of the legs, pulling out his stimstick and a serum of healing. He carefully examines the fluid inside, bares his wounded shoulder, and then hisses as he jabs the injector into himself, watching the skin rapidly crawl over the messy wound the sniper left.

"Think they 'gugged this place on purpose? I mean, I know that if Akiton got invaded, they'd mobilize every rattletrap and rustbucket into a war convoy. Either one of them could have envisioned the other side, or a ragtag bunch of civs like us, comandeering this stuff, so they bombed it to - what's the barooshidd your higher-ups would say, Sarge? Strategic denial or resources?"

He turns on his stimstick, and takes a drag, before rooting out one of the pouches from his MRE, opening it up to reveal a wide array of brightly colored irregular disks.

"If anyone's feeling hungry, got some mixed freeze-dried berries here. Supplemented with vitamins, class green foodstuffs. Sorry to anyone who's got incompatable biology, but this is what I've got."

He also sweeps an eye over the area, with his focus mostly on recognizing assorted vehicles and what he can recall about their performance.

Show tabletop...

Going to spend resolve to recover stamina and inject a Mk. 1 Healing Serum

Name
Mk. I Serum
1d8 3
Perception
1d20+5 14
Piloting
1d20+10 12

Shawkra & Phelar: You both manage to salvage something from within the debris thanks to your ability to pick out different types of tech. Shawkra finds a usable vehicle modification, Enhanced Sensors MK 1. Phelar finds some Hardlight Netting.

Eri could still beat the nested DC 20 Perception from the previous post (or simply say I assist and beat a 10...wink wink)

The transmission plays 3 more times over the course of the next 15m or so while you go through the remains of the building.

Nils: There's definitely some underlying meaning in the message. Up until now, the planet has largely been the furthest colony, and thus, the furthest from "traditional" Azlanti rule. Specifically, non-pure blooded Azlanti, "alien", and construct species have enjoyed a lot more freedom than would typically be afforded to them in the Empire proper. You'd suspect they're about to tighten the belt a bit with the all the sudden exposure.

Meanwhile, Jikjak pulls out the orange slices and gatorade.