Molly Hatchet

Excior

29 minutes ago, cailano said:

Numbers-wise, the sheet looks good, but you should probably record Molly's bonuses with Thief abilities (or use the image below).

Screenshot2023-05-04at10_20_39AM.png.7a9ef13f6e3281d44f84268d82983533.png

I am waiting on Malkavian Grin to show me how to add in more table boxes, she has be very helpful so far, I actually understand her instructions. 

Just now, cailano said:

Okay, great. Don't forget to figure in your Agility, Intelligence, etc., modifiers for each skill.

so on that  table I should add in the total bonus?  I was not quite sure how to do that.  thanks for the input.

There are indicators in the table. The asterisk means to add your Agility to the bonus listed. The cross means to add your Intelligence, etc. The legend is at the bottom.

So, for example, Molly's Sneak Silently bonus should be +4 (3 for his level, 1 for his Agility bonus.)

2 hours ago, cailano said:

The character sheet is looking great, guys! Unfortunately, when we shift to the new game, it wouldn't surprise me if copy/pasting source didn't work. I hope it does but I'm not sure it will.

As long as you follow the steps of copying/pasting source directly, it ought to be a perfect replica. I've done it a number of times already elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Excior said:

I am waiting on Malkavian Grin to show me how to add in more table boxes, she has be very helpful so far, I actually understand her instructions. 

Apologies, this slipped my mind. I'll see what I can whip up.

But, this will be a good opportunity for you to learn the editor's table feature. Makes tables super easy. You just need to know a couple of "tricks" about it and you'll have great tables in NO time!

Since it looks like you might be switching to Bar instead of Molly, I'll give you the short version of my "using a table" guide. It's still useful to know tables, if not here.

So, let's say you want to recreate the table cailano posted.

Go somewhere you're posting and hit the calendar-looking button to the right of Source. You'll get a table popup. It'll ask how many rows and columns you want.

For the info you want out of that picture, there's 13 skills, plus 1 for a header that says the generic stuff in grey background color. So that's 14 ROWS we want.

Now, we'll want a column for the skill's description and then one for the bonus you get. You can just update the values as you go, no need to list the whole thing. So that's 2 COLUMNS we want.

In the spot where it says width, you can do something sneaky by choosing a percentage by adding the % symbol. I like 100%, and centered 50% depending on what I'm trying to achieve with the spacing.

Border size just means whether the lines shows up on all the edges or not. You can make it thicker with a higher number.

Don't worry about height, caption or summary.

If you have a bunch of text next to each other in boxes, I recommend turning CELL PADDING to 5 or so. It puts space on the inside of every cell so text can run to the edge.

Once you hit ok you'll see your mad creation. In order to do stuff like change colors, you hold control and right click. You should see a different menu then just regular right clicking. They are different enough that you'll know. When you do that, depending on what cell you clicked, you can change stuff about the table. Play around with it and see what you can do. But be careful with that menu; it's super easy to mess up a cell somewhere and then the spacing gets real f*cky and you want to die because you can't fix it LMAO. It CAN be fixed, but requires HTML surgery at that point LOL.

To start you on your modification journey, see if you can use the control+right click menu to change the background of a cell 😉

I hope that helps and have fun!

On 5/4/2023 at 6:19 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

Since it looks like you might be switching to Bar instead of Molly, I'll give you the short version of my "using a table" guide. It's still useful to know tables, if not here.

So, let's say you want to recreate the table cailano posted.

Go somewhere you're posting and hit the calendar-looking button to the right of Source. You'll get a table popup. It'll ask how many rows and columns you want.

For the info you want out of that picture, there's 13 skills, plus 1 for a header that says the generic stuff in grey background color. So that's 14 ROWS we want.

Now, we'll want a column for the skill's description and then one for the bonus you get. You can just update the values as you go, no need to list the whole thing. So that's 2 COLUMNS we want.

In the spot where it says width, you can do something sneaky by choosing a percentage by adding the % symbol. I like 100%, and centered 50% depending on what I'm trying to achieve with the spacing.

Border size just means whether the lines shows up on all the edges or not. You can make it thicker with a higher number.

Don't worry about height, caption or summary.

If you have a bunch of text next to each other in boxes, I recommend turning CELL PADDING to 5 or so. It puts space on the inside of every cell so text can run to the edge.

Once you hit ok you'll see your mad creation. In order to do stuff like change colors, you hold control and right click. You should see a different menu then just regular right clicking. They are different enough that you'll know. When you do that, depending on what cell you clicked, you can change stuff about the table. Play around with it and see what you can do. But be careful with that menu; it's super easy to mess up a cell somewhere and then the spacing gets real f*cky and you want to die because you can't fix it LMAO. It CAN be fixed, but requires HTML surgery at that point LOL.

To start you on your modification journey, see if you can use the control+right click menu to change the background of a cell 😉

I hope that helps and have fun!

Skill Name Level Mod Ability Mod Total Mod

Edited by Excior (see edit history)