Save -1 
Arcana -1 | History +1 | Investigation -1 | Nature -1 | Religion -1

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +3 
Animal Handling +1 | Insight +3 | Medicine +1 | Perception +3 | Survival +1

Charisma 18 (+4) 
Save +6 
Deception +6 | Intimidation +3 | Performance +4 | Persuasion +6

(E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools Tattoo
  • Instruments none
  • Weapons simple weapons
  • Armors Light

WARLOCK CLASS ABILITIES
Dark One's Blessing | Pact of the Chain (Imp)

INVOCATIONS

Agonizing Blast | Investment of the Chain Master

RACIAL TRAITS - TIEFLING / WINGED ONE
+2 CHA, +1 DEX | Darkvison 60' | Infernal Legacy | Proper Flyer | 2 skills

DEVIL

Devil's sight 120' | Resistance to poison and fire | Advantage on saves vs. poison | Resist nonmagical BPS except silvered| Adv on saves vs spells and magical effects
You are a fiend | Vulnerability to silvered weapons | Vulnerability to radiant damage

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• Eldritch Blast +7 to hit for (1d10+5) force | (150)
  • Dagger +5 to hit for (1d4+3) piercing damage. | Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)
  • Bite +2 to hit for (1d4) piercing and (1d4) necrotic damage. | Heal equal to necrotic

EQUIPMENT

EQUIPMENT READIED

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor Studded Leather Armor
  • Weapons Dagger - 1 lb.
  • Readied Items Flask of Oil (5) | Tinderbox

EQUIPMENT STORED

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack (22 lbs.) Backpack - 5 lbs. | Fine Clothes | Cloak | Tattoo Tools | Inks
  • Strapped to Backpack (18 lbs.) Silken Rope

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home none

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

none

ATTUNED (0/3)

none

APPEARANCE

Age 527 | Height 5' 10" | Weight 170 lbs. | Hair Black and Orange | Eyes Pure white | Complexion Brown

Raith looks like a devil straight from the storybooks. He has obvious wings, spikes, horns, a forked tongue, and a long tail with a spade tip. He looks a bit like a large Imp with a more human-like face. But the most surprising thing about him is that his eyes are pure white, not the black void of other fiends. They almost look like they are glowing. Like other Winged One's, he is shorter than most human males, but despite his fiendish appearance, he is obviously regal and poised.  

He is confident and brash, with no concern for danger. He laughs a lot, often at inappropriate times. He will encourage others to take unreasonable risks, and then join them. His Imp Eris is even worse.

BACKGROUND

ENDLESS SOUL

• Personality Traits: I refuse to become a victim, and I will no longer allow others to be victimized. I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. With nothing to lose, I will live a life of excitement.
  • Ideals: Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence. Death comes for everyone, so take as much pleasure as you can from every moment of life. I do whatever takes my fancy at that moment, without much thought.  
  • Bonds: I want to see the world. The world is always changing and I never want to miss what happens next. But there’s evil in me, I can feel it. It must never be set free. 
  • Flaws: I am aimless, and don't devote myself to anything, but I will do most anything for the right amount of gold.

Background Features: Coming BackYour soul is endless and undying. Should your body die, your soul will enter a body and you will return to life at dawn as if affected by true resurrection, but with one level of exhaustion and a temporary madness from the long-term madness table. The body you enter may not be the body you were previously in but the body you now command will become your race over 1d10 days physically changing until it resembles your true body. You cannot return to life if your soul is trapped (i.e. by a lich's phylactery) or if your immortality is removed by means of a wish spell. Your physical body does not age past the point where your race reaches maturity, but you can still get sick. Any aging the body you now command has done past that point is reverted during the 1d10 days of the body changing into your true body. Furthermore when you die your body along with all of your belongings phase away out of existence until you come back in a body with all of your belongings marking the beginning the changing. You may roll a 2d20 to determine how many miles away the body you now control is away from your party. | Family AncestryAs an immortal being that has existed for an exceptional period of time, you have started families all over the world and most know of your immortality. Because you have family all over the world almost any city you go to you can find a descendant of yours that would be willing to assist you by providing lodging for a night or by acting as guide to places you may need to go to within the city.

BACKSTORY

Raith was born over 5 centuries ago to noble Winged One parents in Goboan. While he does not remember this, when he was an infant, his father angered a powerful devil who cursed him "when your child dies, he will not find rest". Raith spent his childhood oblivious to the curse. He learned how to fly with his beautiful eagle-like wings, and spent his life as an officer in the aerial forces. Despite his parents trying to keep knowledge of the curse from him, as a young adult, Raith learned of it and spent the rest of his initial life trying to figure out what the curse meant. He became studious, timid, and frightened. His parents eventually passed, and he inherited their title and lands. He grew to middle age but did not make it old age. The first time he died, he was decapitated when his family's castle was sacked.

When he was killed, everything went black. His soul returned to hell, where he was a servant of Ix. Millenia of memories washed over him in an instant. He saw himself killing, torturing, and capturing souls. But as soon as it began, it was over. He knew that had been him, but he was not allowed to stay. He was forced to go back and live with these memories. The next thing he remembers he woke up as a human. He was confused and scared. He had no eagle wings and had to just walk places. But gradually over the next few days, he grew bat wings instead of his previous glorious eagle wings, but also horns, a tail, a forked tongue and his legs transformed into hindlimbs. He looked like the memories he saw after his death. It was strange, but somehow he felt great. He missed the eagle-like wings, but felt better than he ever had in his first life. He felt a great wave of relief, and laughed that this is what he was afraid of his whole life.

Over the centuries, he has died many times. He has been burned at the stake, drowned, stabbed, crushed, and poisoned. But every time, he wakes up in a new body that slowly transforms into his current form. The few times he should have grown old, he did not. He stayed young until he was killed. His record was 123 years in one body before being killed. His shortest life was a wild and fun 12 hours as a gnome. He's been in his current body for about 15 years. Every time he dies, he sees more glimpses of his previous life as a devil with Ix. But then he returns to this world. He knows he wants to stay here as long as possible and never return to Ix for long. His greatest fear is dying and not coming back, forced to spend eternity in service to Ix.

For the last 527 years, he has travelled the world. Sometimes he is bored, but often he can create his own entertainment. Now that he's a devil, he's relieved. And he likes being a devil and feeling the power course through him, so now he's letting loose, making sure to enjoy every moment. But somehow, over the last 5 centuries, he has also learned to care for other people. Not to extend their lives, which seem like just a blip to him, but to reduce their suffering and try to bring them joy. While he was originally from Goboan, he has spent most of the last century, and his last two lives, in Nywiko, with some traveling to Aropilou, Colalima, and Mercilia. He was back visiting some of his descendants in Goboan when he saw the fliers. And he is intrigued since he once had an affair with Lord Almendrud's great-grandmother.

Contact: There's a lesser devil (his Imp, Eris) who thinks he owes me a favor, and who am I to argue?

More Pics of Raith:

spacer.pngspacer.png and Eris spacer.png

Raith has descendants in almost every city. All of his descendants have a subtle tattoo under their chins. They can be any race, depending on the body he inhabited at the time of their ancestor's conception, although many are also winged tieflings. He loves all of his children and wants them to be safe, comfortable, and happy. But he's not responsible enough to actually provide that for them.

spacer.png

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

Raith Reaver - Devil Warlockspacer.png

AC: 14 | HP: 31/31 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 | Darkvision: 60', Devil's Sight: 120'

Actions

Thoughts

"Speech"

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Features

Hit Dice: 4/4d8

Spell Slots, 2nd: 2/2 SR

Disguise Self: 1/1 LR

Invisibility: 1/1 LR

Hellish Rebuke: 1/1 LR

Eris HP: 10/10

Darkvision 60'
Winged One: Flying Speed 30', 60' height
Devil: Devil's sight 120'
Resistance to poison and fire
Advantage on saves vs. poison
Resist nonmagical BPS except silvered
Adv on saves vs spells and magical effects
You are a fiend
Vulnerability to silver
Vulnerability to radiant damage

@Sirdi I planned to build a tiefling vampire and used the vampire race to go with the Eternal One, but as I built him and found pictures I liked, he turned out as more of a devil, so some sort of devil race might be more appropriate. If you are interested in helping me make this that would be great. Instead of the Vampire TraitsYour parents were either two Vampires, a Vampire and another race, or you were turned from another vampire. You tend to look like the main race prevelent in your heritage but often more pale, with darker hair and sharp fangs.
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Charisma scores all increase by 1.
Age. While not entirely immortal like normal vampires, you still live to about 1000 years old, regardless of the most prevelant race in your heritage.
Alignment. Vampires tend to think mostly of their own good rather than other people, leading many to be lawful, but you are not bound to this.
Size. You are the same size class as the race that makes up most of your genetic history. If that is unknown, default to medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Languages. You can speak and understand Bestial(Bat), and one other language of your choice.

Blessings

Vampiric Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic damage and bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from non-magical weapons.

Undead Nature. You do not require air, food, drink, or sleep to live. But you can consume food and drink, and sleep for pleasure if you want to.

Shapechange. If you aren't in sunlight or running water, you can use your action to polymorph into a Tiny bat, or back into your normal form.
While in bat form, you can't speak, your walking speed is 5 feet, and you have a flying speed of 30 feet. Your statistics, other than your size and speed, are unchanged. Anything you're wearing transforms with you, but nothing you're carrying does. You revert to your normal form if you die.

Flee Death. When you fall to 0 hitpoints, you can choose to be at one hitpoint instead and turn into mist until the end of your next turn, as long as the damage wouldn't kill your outright. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
While in mist form, you can't take any actions, speak, or manipulate objects. You are weightless, have a flying speed of 20 feet, can hover, can enter a hostile creature's space, and opportunity attacks against you have disadvantage.

Spider Climb. You can walk on vertical surfaces and ceilings at a speed of 5 feet. You can walk on vertical surfaces and ceilings at a speed of 5 feet. You can only spend a maximum of 5 turns doing this, after which you must be on flat ground or fall.

Leech Life. Your fangs can be used as natural weapons. You are proficient with your fangs. While in your normal form, you can bite an unconscious or grappled creature, dealing 1d4 piercing and 1d4 necrotic damage. You also recover hit points equal to the necrotic damage dealt.

Regeneration. When you roll hit die to recover health, you regain twice the amount of health as usual.

Curses

Shapechanger. You are considered a shapechanger.

Undead. You are considered undead.

Holy Aversion. When you are the target of healing magic, you take damage equal to what you would have healed instead of recovering hit points.

Forbiddance. You can't enter a residence without an invitation from one of the occupants.

Running Water Weakness. You take 1d10 acid damage if you end your turn in running water.

Stake to the Heart. If you are brought down to 0 hit points by a wooden weapon that does piercing damage, it lodges in your heart and you are stable but paralyzed until it's removed.

Sunlight Sensitivity. You have a disadvantage on attack rolls and Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight while in direct sunlight, and direct sunlight causes burns on your skin. You can negate the effects by wearing sunglasses, and covering your body in thick fabrics or layers.
, I was hoping we could make a devil race.

Devil Traits - updated

Blessings

1. Devil’s Sight 120’

2. Resistance to poison and fire

3. Advantage on saves vs. poison

4. Resist nonmagical BPS

5. Magic Resistance Adv on saves vs spells and magical effects

Curses

1. You are a fiend

2. Vulnerability to silver

3. Vulnerability to radiant damage